landing lights illuminate the cockpit

cuervo111

It seems to me like aircraft fuselages are somehow transparent to certain lights so they illuminate the cockpit when they should not. The most obvius way this happens is when retracting the landing gear with the landing lights on for example on the F-15. The whole cockpit becomes really bright for a moment. It is even more obvious during night flights.

It has also happened with the Huey and some exterior light behind the helicopter making the whole cockpit super bright, like the whole helicopter behind the cockpit was transparent to that particular light.

If no one knows what I'm talking about I'll try to make some screenshots tomorrow.

DCS Rosetta, my automatic DCS mission and campaign translator: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=233877

I know what you are talking about. The effect is huge on the Caucasus Huey rescue mission in the mountains.

The FARP landing pad floodlights light up the cockpit extremely brightly everywhere, with no shadows.

System spec: i9 9900K, Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Ultra motherboard, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200 RAM, Corsair M.2 NVMe 1Tb Boot SSD. Seagate 1Tb Hybrid mass storage SSD. ASUS RTX2080TI Dual OC, Thermaltake Flo Riing 360mm water pumper, EVGA 850G3 PSU. HP Reverb, TM Warthog, Crosswind pedals, Buttkicker Gamer 2.

The most obvius way this happens is when retracting the landing gear with the landing lights on for example on the F-15.

...and when your wingman does taxi behind you with langing lights on.

...and something I have not yet found out what is triggering it but during landing and take off - just before the beginning of the runway and just behind the runway - the white light floods the cockpit for a brief moment (1s).

🖥️ Win10 i7-10700KF 32GB RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M HOTAS   ✈️ FC3, F-14A/B, F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR, PG, Syria

• 2 months later...

Hi,

I am experiencing the same. All lights are bleeding inside Ka-50 cockpit through its structure, including anti-collision red light.

(all latest drivers installed)

------------------

System Information

------------------

Time of this report: 6/7/2018, 11:12:51

Machine name: SHAMANSKY

Machine Id: {F8C31223-FD4F-4685-B833-81FCEE193DDA}

Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64-bit (10.0, Build 17134) (17134.rs4_release.180410-1804)

Language: English (Regional Setting: English)

System Manufacturer: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.

System Model: GL703VM

BIOS: GL703VM.309 (type: UEFI)

Processor: Intel® Core i7-7700HQ CPU @ 2.80GHz (8 CPUs), ~2.8GHz

Memory: 16384MB RAM

Available OS Memory: 16340MB RAM

Page File: 7333MB used, 11950MB available

Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS

DirectX Version: DirectX 12

DX Setup Parameters: Not found

User DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)

System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)

DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled

Miracast: Available, with HDCP

Microsoft Graphics Hybrid: Not Supported

DxDiag Version: 10.00.17134.0001 64bit Unicode

51PVO Founding member (DEC2007-)

100KIAP Founding member (DEC2018-)

:: Shaman aka [100☭] Shamansky

tail# 44 or 444

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] 100KIAP Regiment Early Warning & Control officer

I believe this a known issue, and present on almost all modules.

This is due, from what I know, to deferred shading, which manages lighting and what not. In the released version, you had the possibility to turn it off or on, but ED doesn't intend to continue to support the "old" shading system (or whatever the name can be) and forces the new deferred shading system, which doesn't really work so well.

So ya, look around the forum and you'll see numerous related posts and threads.

Windows 10-64bits, i7-8700k, GTX 1080Ti, 32 Gb RAM, MSI Monitor 32in 165Hz.

Mirage 2000C, F5-E, Mig21bis, A10-C, FC3, F-18, AV-8B N/A, F-14, F-16, SuperCarrier

I believe this a known issue, and present on almost all modules.

So ya, look around the forum and you'll see numerous related posts and threads.

Known since 1.5 and simply ignored, we got raindrops instead.

Hi,

I am experiencing the same. All lights are bleeding inside Ka-50 cockpit through its structure, including anti-collision red light.

(all latest drivers installed)

This was present in 1.5 too.

Am I special?

I personally never experienced it in 1.5 either. If somebody has, maybe it was module related?

And this would make sense, since the shading model, from what I understand, has drastically changed between 1.5 and 2.5. Therefore, it would be a surprise that the exact same issue would exist in both systems, as they are vastly different.

Windows 10-64bits, i7-8700k, GTX 1080Ti, 32 Gb RAM, MSI Monitor 32in 165Hz.

Mirage 2000C, F5-E, Mig21bis, A10-C, FC3, F-18, AV-8B N/A, F-14, F-16, SuperCarrier

• 1 month later...

Well the cockpit floods on the A-10 seem to be fixed now, but we are still getting outside lights spilling over into the interior of the cockpit. Formation lights, some ground lights and other aircraft taxi and landing lights. I don't fly any other modules so don't know if it's been fixed elsewhere, but definitely not in the A-10

• 3 weeks later...

Landing lights in DCS don't have shadows enabled.

So, u see it through all objects.

Possible and very easy solution for the devs:

Simply just wait turning on the lights, after they have rotated and aiming not in the cockpit anymore.

Landing lights in DCS don't have shadows enabled.

So, u see it through all objects.

That is the same with light poles at the airbases. And that's a pity since it would not be so much of a performance hit but would definitely improve night lightning at least at the airport. We already have options for the shadows so we should decide for ourselves.

🖥️ Win10 i7-10700KF 32GB RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M HOTAS   ✈️ FC3, F-14A/B, F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR, PG, Syria

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I wish this was listed in a Known Bug List somewhere and officially addressed with a statement similar to this, at least, "We are working on these multiple night lighting issues. Will take extra coding and time." At least then we'd know we've been heard. The sunlight is shadowed so well. I don't see why multiple light sources cannot also be shadowed appropriately when the Sun is not shining. I find it most annoying in the Huey with nav lights set to flash and beacon on. They flash inside the cockpit when the light source, the beacon and the nav lights, are in positions (exterior) where they should not be able to illuminate the cockpit/cabin.

• 2 weeks later...

No comment from ED yet? C'mon man, this cannot be an impossible fix. If it is, once again, your game engine is showing more failure points. How about we get a [Reported] tag on this? How about we get a statement that this long standing issue is gonna be addressed?

• 2 months later...

shadows to low not solve all of these

- F-15C, Su-25T nose gear movements cause light shine through belly of the plane

- Ka-50 red beacon light shines through chassis

For Su-27 and MiG-29 shadows to low mode heavy cockpit flickering not happening

(those because of the nosewheel ligthing in shadows: [off/flat only] mode)

Please assign higher priority to these bugs, they are very distracting!

2,5,4,26825_gearLightFlickeringMozdok.trk

Edited by discwalker
track

GTX 1070 8GB, 16GB DDR3, W8.1 on SSD, DCS on another SSD