modify a mission.miz

Lenux

I have a nice mission, Dogfighting_with_Migs ( F-86 vs MiG15's ) but i'd like to know if it's possible to change / modify my aircraft or the enemy aircrafts.

For example, i want M2000-C vs 8 F-86 Sabre...

I do own M2000-C, P51D Mustang, MiG21bis, F-86 Sabre, Flaming Cliffs 3

Any advices are welcome, thank you

I9 12900k@ 5 GHz | 32 GB DDR4 | Asus ROG  Strix Z690-A Gaming Wifi d4| RTX 3090 | 6 TB SSD + 8 TB HDD | 4K Samsung Q90R 55" | VKB MK III PRO L | Virpil Throttle MONGOOST-50 | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR5

Just open the mission up in the editor and add your changes.

-16AGR- 16th Air Guards Regiment is always looking for pilots - http://www.16agr.com

EWRS - Early Warning Radar Script

Specs:

Gigabyte Sniper Z5-S

Intel i5-4670k 3.4GHz OC'd 3.9GHz w/ Thermaltake 120mm Water 3.0 Pro Liquid CPU Cooler

16GB RAM

Gigabyte GTX 1080

TM Hotas Warthog: SN: 06976

Saitek Pro Flight Combat Rudder Pedals

TrackIR5 with TrackClipPro & Oculus Rift

2x 28" 4k UHD Monitors (3840x2160 each) + 1280x1024

Ok, but i dont know how to add the enemy aircraft.

Where exactly is this option, in the mission editor ??

Thanks

I9 12900k@ 5 GHz | 32 GB DDR4 | Asus ROG  Strix Z690-A Gaming Wifi d4| RTX 3090 | 6 TB SSD + 8 TB HDD | 4K Samsung Q90R 55" | VKB MK III PRO L | Virpil Throttle MONGOOST-50 | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR5

The DCS World User Manual provides documentation about the mission editor. There's a shortcut in your start menu, or you can find it in the "Docs" folder under the game installation directory.

Since you're editing an existing mission, you'll just want to find the groups you're interested in and change the aircraft type. Setting the skill level to 'Player' will make it the default aircraft for single player, and 'Client' will make it available for multiplayer, or the role selection menu in single player.

But, I don't think the forums will be able to help much with such basic usage of the editor. You could alternatively create a new mission in it, and place down a new airplane group (with the Airplane icon in the toolbar on the left), and play around to familiarise yourself with the editor a bit. That might make it a bit easier to understand an existing mission.

I found everything i want, in the toolbar on the left, except the enemy aircraft option.

Thanks

Different aircraft are listed under different countries.

Edited by Ramsay

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

• 2 months later...

I still don't understand how to add / change / modify / the AI for the enemy aircrafts.

They just fly around me, but they do not attack me.

CAP should be for the task ?

Could anyone, PLEASE, create a mission ( dogfight ) with 1 MiG21 vs F-86 Sabre and another one with F15 vs SU-27 ?

And with the AI as high as possible for the enemy aircrafts

Thank you in advance

Edited by Lenux

I did, but the ai is still poor

I deleted every mission i created, i just tried your, thank you

Would you please tell me how did you add / created / the SP / DP / for the MiG21 waypoint ?

Would you please tell me how did you add / created / the SP / DP / for the MiG21 waypoint ?

SP is just the start position, DP is the last waypoint.

So, click the plane icon in the left side toolbar, click on the map to place the plane (= SP). A pane will appear in the right-hand side with the properties for the aircaft. You can select a different country, and select a task. If you set the task to CAP it'll add the default CAP task automatically, which will just have them engage everything they detect. Setting the task to CAP will also filter the list of aircraft to only those that can perform CAP (i.e. fighters).

To add more waypoints, just make sure the "ADD" is selected in the waypoint properties section (it is selected by default), then click on the map to add additional waypoints. The last waypoint is the "Destination Point" just by virtue of being the last one. The new waypoint will have the same altitude and speed setting as the previous one, so it's a good idea to to place the aircraft, adjust its altitude and speed as desired, and then add the additional waypoints.

If you want to restrict the area in which a CAP flight will engage targets (e.g. to have it patrol and border and only have it engage enemies that cross it), you can use the ADVANCED (WAYPOINT ACTIONS) button to get the task lists and delete the default CAP task and add a Search and engage in zone task instead, for example.

You can find video tutorials for the mission editor on YouTube if you'd prefer to watch someone else add flights and configure the AI.