SLI Problems in 1.5

Abburo

Lex

Thanks adjusted the black shark profile to afr and it worked.

Thanks again

F/A-18C Campaigns : The Serpent’s Head / The Serpent’s Head 2

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5.0Ghz / Gigabyte 2080ti water force extreme / 32 Gb RAM Corsair Dominator Platinum 3600 / 2Tb Samsung 970 Evoplus NVMe M.2 / Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas / Thrustmaster Pedals / Valve Index.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a noob question. When I load Nvidia Inspector I don't see DCS or Blackshark or anything DCS related in the list of profiles??? Does it have to be created??

Win 10 64-bit, Intel Core i7-7700k@4.2GHz, MSI 1080Ti , 16 GB, 500GB SSD, LG 34UM95, Acer T232HL, TrackIR 5 Pro, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals.

This is a noob question. When I load Nvidia Inspector I don't see DCS or Blackshark or anything DCS related in the list of profiles??? Does it have to be created??

Digital combat simulator black shark.

Thats what you shoul look for !

g8PjVMw.png

Thank You!

One other question what is a good utility to use to check FPS and GPU load while running DCS??

Digital combat simulator black shark.

Thats what you shoul look for !

Win 10 64-bit, Intel Core i7-7700k@4.2GHz, MSI 1080Ti , 16 GB, 500GB SSD, LG 34UM95, Acer T232HL, TrackIR 5 Pro, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals.

Running in SLI causes micro stutters for me, regardless of graphics settings and full screen mode. For now, I'm running on one card and its still very playable: I would of course prefer to have SLI running seamlessly too.

My Rig: EVGA GTX 1070 x 2 | EVGA x58 SLI classified | i7 X 990 CPU | 24 GB RAM | Windows 10 Home 64 bit| Track IR Pro | CH Fighter Stick | CH Throttle | CH Pro Pedals |

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Could anybody explain step by step how to make the game run on SLI? I have two 770s and 2560x1440 display, would love to use both cards.

All is ok in cockpit but when i go outside it drops a lot...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Right click on your screen, open NVIDIA control panel, select Configure SLI, Suround, PhysX.

Choose Span display with Surround and Configure...

Position your screen with the mouse, set the bezel correction, and enable Surround.

Install Nvidia Inspector to get your SLI Compatibility bits for DCS.

Capture.thumb.PNG.2487adc55841f78a8ccbd371687d170a.PNG

Capture2.PNG.12dd37ac862d4d3dfe21cbd592116207.PNG

Edited by Demon_

Attache ta tuque avec d'la broche.

SLI Not Working in 1.5

Title says it all. Game runs smoothly but @ half the FPS. If I set the SLI indicator on in nVidia control panel it shows up in 1.2.x but not in 1.5. If I "Force alternate frame rendering 2" I get SLI running in 1.5, but with a ton of stuttering and micro-pauses as well as erratic frame rate.

I was going to post this in the beta feedback forum but am not allowed (I don't have enough posts I guess?). I have two GTX 660s. Attached is my dxdiag file.

DxDiag.txt

Running in SLI causes micro stutters for me, regardless of graphics settings and full screen mode. For now, I'm running on one card and its still very playable: I would of course prefer to have SLI running seamlessly too.

I'm in the same boat -- I get about 33% better FPS on one card compared to choppy performance on two in SLI when forcing AFR2 via Nvidia Inspector. Frustrating!

I'm in the same boat -- I get about 33% better FPS on one card compared to choppy performance on two in SLI when forcing AFR2 via Nvidia Inspector. Frustrating!

This is exactly my situation to a tee.

My Rig: EVGA GTX 1070 x 2 | EVGA x58 SLI classified | i7 X 990 CPU | 24 GB RAM | Windows 10 Home 64 bit| Track IR Pro | CH Fighter Stick | CH Throttle | CH Pro Pedals |

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Sli was already discussed. Go to nvidia blackshark profile and set sli setting on arfk2. And it works great.

New system:I9-9900KS, Kingston 128 GB DDR4 3200Mhz, MSI RTX 4090, Corsair H150 Pro RGB, 2xSamsung 970 EVO 2Tb, 2xsamsung 970 EVO 1 TB, Scandisk m2 500 MB, 2 x Crucial 1 Tb, T16000M HOTAS, HP Reverb Professional 2, Corsair 750 Watt.

Old system:I7-4770K(OC 4.5Ghz), Kingston 24 GB DDR3 1600 Mhz,MSI RTX 2080(OC 2070 Mhz), 2 * 500 GB SSD, 3,5 TB HDD, 55' Samsung 3d tv, Trackir 5, Logitech HD Cam, T16000M HOTAS. All DCS modules, maps and campaigns:pilotfly:

RALT + Enter to toggle fullscreen from borderless Windowed Mode.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

While that solves some of it its far from the performance and smoothness it should be. Have ED talked to Nvidia in regards to a new profile for this updated engine???

That has been tried for yrs. now.

In the words of Hawk, It Aint hapnen!

Even tried a sign up sheet in protest of their lack of DCS profile. They didn't care.

Besides we community members tend to discuss that issue to the point of having the settings needed to run as smoothly as it can. Search the forum there are people deep in conversation about it as we speak.

Edited by AtaliaA1

This was a Boutique Builder iBuypower rig. Until I got the tinker bug again i7 920 @3.6Mhz 12Gig Corsair XMS3 ram 1600 Nvidia 760 SLi w/4Gig DDR5 Ram Intel 310 SSD HDD 160 Gb + Western Digital 4Terabyte HDD Creative SB X-Fi HD Audio Logitech X-530 5.1 Surround Speaker System Dual Acer 32"Monitors. PSU 1200 w Thermaltake Win10 64Bit.

Yeah the RALT+ENTER thing doesn't work for me, not sure how to get it goin. Second GPU still shows 0% although you can see the screen changing to fullscreen.

i9 9900K @ 5.1Ghz - ASUS Maximus Hero XI - 32GB 4266 DDR4 RAM - ASUS RTX 2080Ti - 1 TB NVME - NZXT Kraken 62 Watercooling System - Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas (Virpil Base) - MFG Crosswind Pedals - Pimax 5K+

VFA-25 Fist Of The Fleet

Sli was already discussed. Go to nvidia blackshark profile and set sli setting on arfk2. And it works great.

Using AFR2 will run SLI for me, BUT... its what also causes the micro stutters (w/ or w/o vsync set to 58 fps). If I change it to AFR single then for some reason I only get 25-30 frames while in SLI AND both my GPUs seem to only use have half their clock speeds/power/potential.

Edited by Azazel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

AFR dossnt work on AMD for sure, so try an alternate mode.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

Well, tried the Black Shark profile in nVidia Inspector with AFR2 and ALT + ENTER and though my SLI indicator does show and the FPS reach ~85 they're extremely inconsistent (flashes of 25 appearing in FPS counter) and I have tons of micro pauses and stutters. Agreed, the game's devs have to communicate w/ the vendors for an SLI profile (or Crossfire for AMD) - it's a 50/50 proposition.

AFR and AFR2 simply reverse the work load,

So if AFR2 is jerky, try AFR.

It might be jerky due to MultiGPU compatibility.

For AMD, Setting an AFRmode results in every other frame being a black or empty frame, will have to double check my curre t mode for AMD.

I wouldnt rely on that blackshark profile in nVidias drivers, its Ancient, meant for BlackShark 1.02 and DX9,

NOT DX11

My 970 is at nearly 100% workload and the other at 12%, it really would be great to get a new sli profile from Nvidea, a proper driver update without trying broken Inspector profiles that cause stutter and flashing clouds. Fingers crossed!

4.8 I7, 1080, TMW&T, SSD, VKB MK.IV.

I'm using a 295X2 & Crossfire seems to be working....which is the first time EVER with this sim. Both GPU's running at 100% working great!

My only issue is that the memory on the second GPU doesn't seem to ramp up. Stays at desktop levels (150mhz) compared to the first GPU level (1250 MHz). Anyone using a 295x2 having the same issue?

Could you share your in game and CCC settings?

Cooler Master HAF XB EVO , ASUS P8Z77-V, i7-3770K @ 4.6GHz, Noctua AC, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, EVGA 1080TI 11GB, 2 Samsung 840 Pro 540GB SSDs Raid 0, 1TB HDD, EVGA SuperNOVA 1300W PS, G930 Wireless SS Headset, TrackIR5/Wireless Proclip, TM Warthog, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, 75" Samsung 4K QLED, HP Reverb G2, Win 10