Beta / Alpha acces

Been away from the show for a long time, just found out how to access this part of the forum.

Anyone able to tell when we get ALPHA access and how?

~S~ Falcon

ps, if its already in a thread, this forum lacks stickies...:joystick:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The keeper of all mathematical knowledge and the oracle of flight modeling.:)

I am operating under the assumption that the earliest an Alpha (one that includes WWII terrain) will be seen is after EDGE (presumably in v1.3.0) is in public beta. This is purely my perception/interpretation of the information that has been made public (which, admittedly, isn't much).

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Thank's for the info guys, its all ok then.

Just didn't want to mis out on the fun once the ALPHA version is there.

As for them not meeting the kickstarter goals/timeline, only to be expected as they seemed very ambitious.

ps, on the website you can select 6 planes to chose from, but i already have the P-51D.

As i understand it i can transfer that license to someone else right?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Which is purely your opinion and not based in fact whatsoever...

I know you're something of a big wig around here Sith but you need to read the kickstand page. It clearly states

DCS WWII: Europe 1944 will enter alpha around February of 2014.

There's the fact my comment was based on. "Around February" I agree is somewhat ambiguous but let's be honest alpha will not be in May and probably not June.

• Like 3

Good Grief

• ED Team

Many factors are in play here, not all in RRGs control, regardless, the last few updates state the 109 is getting close... it sounds like we may see some form of Alpha version on that soon.

And I am far from a big wig, I am just a WWII fan like others here, I just had to sign an NDA as well ;)

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

Many factors are in play here, not all in RRGs control, regardless, the last few updates state the 109 is getting close... it sounds like we may see some form of Alpha version on that soon.

And I am far from a big wig, I am just a WWII fan like others here, I just had to sign an NDA as well ;)

Just, as in recently? meaning that some form of an ALPHA is already accesible to ED testers?

/rampant speculation mode off.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

But as we have seen those release goals for different stages have been really late and that have been fact so far. Hopefully they pick it up. No matter if end product is pure gold, false promises always left sour taste to mouth and that's not how you run business.

Personally I don't want get half baked plain wrong flightmodel for 109 even if i had chance to alpha test it, let them properly dev it, give extra few months and experience will be way better.

Just, as in recently? meaning that some form of an ALPHA is already accesible to ED testers?

/rampant speculation mode off.

I lol'd :lol:

Lyndiman

AMD Ryzen 3600 / RTX 2070 Super / 32G Ram / Win10 / TrackIR 5 Pro / Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals

I am operating under the assumption that the earliest an Alpha (one that includes WWII terrain) will be seen is after EDGE (presumably in v1.3.0) is in public beta. This is purely my perception/interpretation of the information that has been made public (which, admittedly, isn't much).

This is plausible as it's all pretty much tied together around the engine getting alpha-release at the same time..

Downside is that if we look at recent release schedule we won't be seeing 1.3.0 before next spring and 1.2.9 on next winter.. :cry:

(1.2.8 was this spring, 1.2.7 last fall/winter)

"I would have written a shorter post, but I did not have the time."

Don't think it will be that long, they don't HAVE to release 1.2.9 before they can release 1.3.0 you know.

They can just go straight to 1.3.0 if they feel its ready for the masses.

True, although I think 1.2.9 was mentioned somewhere on planned releases or something like that somewhere..

Don't quote me on that though :D

"I would have written a shorter post, but I did not have the time."

From the finished KS campaign they expected to go Alpha in Februari.

What does Alpha access mean?

DCS WWII: Europe 1944 will enter alpha around February of 2014.

It's now May, an overrun of 3 months. And with the no real tangible evidence that Alpha is close. I'd say that they have planned everything pretty poorly. I also checked the KS money distribution. 20% for KS expenses?

I just don't understand why they have't gone they way IL2-BOS have done it. Just support and get early access. This way people can just spend money on projects as they find out about it and have money to spend. Same goes for other projects, MiG 21 and the Hawk for instance.

RRG 1944 can be affected by DCS: W version changes, request functionality building to ED, engine limitations, ED personal time assignations and EDGE engine integration (a example, the Fw-190D9 has in the plan to release in February, but has delayed. If that make delay, that is not a "bad planned", That is only develop delays out of the scope and control of the RRG develop team.

Don't think it will be that long, they don't HAVE to release 1.2.9 before they can release 1.3.0 you know.

They can just go straight to 1.3.0 if they feel its ready for the masses.

Considering that just two weeks ago, EDGE was broken on every RRG machine but one...

By late night Moscow time, as we decided to take some screenshots, we realized that the game’s WIP render stopped working for everyone.

...I am guessing that it will be a while before it is ready for the masses.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

When does Charlie testing start..... :music_whistling:

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs