Rudder trimer problem

The latest patch incorporated the rudder trimer mode, but my problem is that the pedals are not trimmed when pressing and releasing the trim button. The cyclic does thought. I have used central trim position on and off and the same problem there. There is no problem in UH-1 with the same settings.

Do you know why?

Thanks

Hi Sondo,

sounds strange...it should work if you have enabled the "Rudder Trim" Option in the Options/Special TAB.

Whatever I do the problem is not fixed. There seems that others have similar problems judging from their posts at the bugs/controler section...

If anyone finds a fix please post it here,

Thanks

Do you have the Yaw Channel on ? Maybe you have to do that ? I don't feel any need to trim the rudder myself but will give it a try just to see what happens

Edit: I don't know what to say guys. I just went into DCS, set the Rudder Trim option on, went into a flight and with the Yaw Channel OFF, when I hit "Trim" the in cockpit rudder pedals stay right where I have them and return to that spot until I re-trim or clear trim.

I didn't try with the Yaw Channel ON yet. Although I think that if you are going to be manually trimming the rudder you might want that off anyway ?

Edited by lorenzoj

Do you have the Yaw Channel on ? Maybe you have to do that ? I don't feel any need to trim the rudder myself but will give it a try just to see what happens

Edit: I don't know what to say guys. I just went into DCS, set the Rudder Trim option on, went into a flight and with the Yaw Channel OFF, when I hit "Trim" the in cockpit rudder pedals stay right where I have them and return to that spot until I re-trim or clear trim.

I didn't try with the Yaw Channel ON yet. Although I think that if you are going to be manually trimming the rudder you might want that off anyway ?

What do you mean if I have the yaw channel on?

What do you mean if I have the yaw channel on?

Actually it doesn't seem to matter if you have the Yaw/Heading Channel ON or OFF. ( The AP mode settings. Often heading in a basic AP is controlled by the rudder or tail rotor )

I just tried it both ways and the rudder pedal stays where I have it at the moment I hit the "Trim" button until I re-trim or clear the trim.

Can't swear to it but I think my Rudder Trim checkbox re-set itself at one point. Probably just me forgetting that I un checked it. But maybe worth taking a peek before you fly ?

Edit: Also not sure if it did anything regarding this issue but I ran the "Repair DCS World" last night to correct an unrelated issue I was having.

I also have the Saitek Pro Combat Rudder Pedals. And the X-45 stick and throttle

Edited by lorenzoj

Yes, I have the logitech g940 but I use only the joystick and the trottle. I use for rudder the saitek pro flight rudder pedals. And this setup works fine in UH-1

That pretty much answers the question, with FFB turned on - the rudder trim does not work. It is probably a bug. I also have G940 and rudder trim does not work even when its enabled in the special tab.

That pretty much answers the question, with FFB turned on - the rudder trim does not work. It is probably a bug. I also have G940 and rudder trim does not work even when its enabled in the special tab.

Ok, but in UH-1 it works, so I hope that it will in this helli too in the future (patch)

Ok, but in UH-1 it works, so I hope that it will in this helli too in the future (patch)

Let's hope that it get addressed - it also works in KA-50. The only way you can get the rudder trim to work is to disable FFB, but it is not much of a solution.