When is Mi-8 coming to Steam?

I noticed it is now available on steam. I'm assuming our keys from ED will eventually be transferred over to steam, but I just tried this morning, and it's not done yet. Anyone have an ETA when keys are usually transferred to Steam?

Intel i5-2500k @ 4.4GHz w/ H70 liquid cooler, ASRock PRO3-M Z68 Mobo, 32G 1600Mhz Mushkin RAM, EVGA GTX970 4GB , OCZ Agility 3 128g SSD, SanDisk 240g SSD, Win7 64-bit

--Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/livingfood --

You should be able to install it. Just download it here: http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/downloads/modules/dcs_mi8mtv2_magnificent_eight/ then insert key when you start a mission.

Thank you for your response, I know I can download it from ED, but I've already "Migrated" over to steam with all my modules, I was wondering when I could unlock my steam version basically. ;)

Intel i5-2500k @ 4.4GHz w/ H70 liquid cooler, ASRock PRO3-M Z68 Mobo, 32G 1600Mhz Mushkin RAM, EVGA GTX970 4GB , OCZ Agility 3 128g SSD, SanDisk 240g SSD, Win7 64-bit

--Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/livingfood --

Thank you for your response, I know I can download it from ED, but I've already "Migrated" over to steam with all my modules, I was wondering when I could unlock my steam version basically. ;)

I read somewhere that they send Steam their sold key list once a month typically. I don't know if that means the 1st of each month or what. I've also been patiently waiting since purchase. I figure it's no problem though, because even if I have to wait, $20 is a hell of a deal, so I had to jump on it. :)

I'd hope that's the case. I've had the module for over a week now, and I still haven't been able to access it.

Nobody is forcing you to use steam though. Just saying...

Check out my YouTube: xxJohnxx

Intel i7 6800k watercooled | ASUS Rampage V Edition 10 | 32 GB RAM | Asus GTX1080 watercooled

The fact that I bought my modules through Steam makes it difficult to move them to a non-Steam installation, no? I tried this earlier today, and I couldn't even install the other modules because of the fact that the individual modules aren't updated to the same version as DCS World itself.

The regular downloads are not, but I have been told that the torrents are current.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Yes, as Viciouslove has said...

Download and install DCS World, and whatever modules that you own. When you start a mission, you may be prompted for a key to the Mi-8 but the rest of the modules that you have installed via Steam should still have activation info in your registry.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Thanks for the help guys! Got it all working now, just had my first successful crash-landing in the Hip. Looking forward to many more.

Good deal. Have fun. :)

Someone reported in another thread that once you install the module into a standalone DCS World installation, you can just copy the Mi-8 folder from there into your Steam DCS World installation, and use it normally. That way you can avoid having to keep two DCS Worlds on your PC.

You would still need the standalone DCS World to update each nonSteam modules (like FC3) when a new version comes out, and copy/paste again.

Best way is to use a tool like "Winmerge" it can compare 2 folders and update only files which have been modified/added/removed. ;)

HW : 4790K @4.6 / GTX 1080ti 11GB / 16 GB / Asus ROG Formula VI / Acer Predator 32" 4K Gsync / X-55 Rhino / Oculus Rift-S / TrackIR

• Combined Arms/Supercarrier/Nevada TTR/Persian Gulf/Normandy
  • F-16C/FA-18C/AV-8B Harrier/F5-TigerII/SA342-Gazelle/M2000-C/L-39 Albatros/C-101/MiG-21/F-86F Sabre/Mi-8MTV2/UH-1H Huey/A-10C Warthog/Black Shark 2/Flaming Cliff 3/Hawk T1A(RIP)
  • WWII : Spitfire/Bf-109 Kurfurst/Fw-190 Dora/P-51D Mustang