Bell UH-1H rotor mast orientation

Hueyman

Hello People ... you know, I never expected such an answer ... FROM BELL TEXTRON THEMSELVES !!!!

They finally answered my request of searching good proof for Huey rotor mast orientation ... they provided this, the latest word in this affair ...

Their answer :

Nice work man!

I've just been doing my own little research (remembering all the fuss in this topic) and came to the same conclusion.

All photo's of the UH-1H Huey prove your point. I hope the devs will quickly look into it!

'Frett'

Outstanding work Hueyman!

I don't know who Valentin is but I hope he's part of the development team and things will move quickly from this point.

Correcting the rotor tilt may however put a cramp in my habitual backward flight at pick-up :joystick:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

3rd Mar Div

RVN '66-'67

Lol, I am Valentin, I just copied their answer, which I asked them from my mail address ... so they replied with my name ;-)

Finger crossed too ... but last update didn't show anything positive ...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

CPL(A)IR ME/SEP/MEP/SET - CPL(H)

• 2 weeks later...

Yes yes ... just wanted to make sure myself with the latest official document available, up to date, directly from Bell ... so there is no doubt about the truth of this info

Now that it's proven every ways it could be, you're true, we have to wait ..

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 3 years later...
Still a joy to re-read this whole topic, 4 years later !

latest?cb=20100102171045

On another note - I was a mechanic on the Huey and I can't believe it took 6 pages and a reply from Bell to convince ppl the mast was tilted FWD 5 degrees - I thought this was common knowledge?? (I could have also posted a PDF from the MM in like 5 seconds lol)

Asus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha| i7-6700K @ 4.60GHz | nVidia GTX 1080ti Strix OC 11GB @ 2075MHz| 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz DDR4 CL14 |

Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 SSD | Corsair Force LE 480GB SSD | Windows 10 64-Bit | TM Warthog with FSSB R3 Lighting Base | VKB Gunfighter Pro + MCG | TM MFD's | Oculus Rift S | Jetseat FSE

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I'm reading through the first few pages and scratching my head lol.....I can't for the life of me understand how someone can get that into the weeds on how a sim looks compared to the real A/C. I mean, it's a great mod, well modeled, looks amazing....and then someone has to go and nitpick the bejesus out of it?

I can't see what it all looks like from the pilot's seat anyways, so I just enjoy the stuff, especially since I spent real money on it......just my two cents.

~S

Oh be careful, I don't mind the nit picking too much.

The Hind has the engines (?) and rotor mast leaning a couple of degrees to starboard. Belsimtek need to get that right from the get go or she just wont have that leaning to her right look when sitting there parked.

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.

latest?cb=20100102171045

On another note - I was a mechanic on the Huey and I can't believe it took 6 pages and a reply from Bell to convince ppl the mast was tilted FWD 5 degrees - I thought this was common knowledge?? (I could have also posted a PDF from the MM in like 5 seconds lol)

Ahah me too dude, me too ..

But you know, sometimes, because people don't understand or notice things, they assume the whole world is wrong if thinking the contrary.

And Giaco, glad to have you there ;-) It's a true privilege to have such experienced crewmen and pilots among the community. That said, it's not perfect no, but one of the best module so far, and a very advanced simulation.

Rogue Trooper, too bad, but the Hind isn't there yet, you probably meant the Hip(ster) ;-) !

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Forgive me, I haven't read the entire thread, but is this something that is purely a visual issue, or does it have a negative impact on flight dynamics as well?

DCS modules are built up to a spec, not down to a schedule.

In order to utilize a system to your advantage, you must know how it works.