what are you doing to kill time for UH-1H huey and patch 1.2.4 release

hannibal

Are you supposed to?

I hope not, otherwise I'm playing it wrong. ;)

Cowboy10uk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fighter pilots make movies, Attack pilots make history, Helicopter pilots make heros.

:pilotfly: Corsair 570x Crystal Case, Intel 8700K O/clocked to 4.8ghz, 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 MHZ Ram, 2 x 1TB M2 drives, 2 x 4TB Hard Drives, Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW, Maximus x Hero MB, H150i Cooler, 6 x Corsair LL120 RGB Fans And a bloody awful Pilot :doh:

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well played it for about 3 hours yesterday. In the little I played Arma 2 at least it had a tutorial of how do things. Arma 3 Alpha seems to have showcase missions which throw you into the mix of things to showcase their new technology. So there is a soldier mission, scuba mission, vehicle mission, and helicopter mission.

So I've been trying the scuba mission and vehicle mission. Scuba mission starts out simple. Scuba to mines and disable them...no problem. Then you go to enemy camp and suppose to find a anti air missile launcher. This involves killing a lot of people and taking theirs. But the rifle they give you is zero'd to 30m which is really no better then a gun. Most targets I'm engaging are around 120-160m away so it's been tough trying to kill them. I usually get shot for my efforts.

The vehicle mission you need to sneak into this enemy camp and steak a vehicle. The camp has some bad guys in it. They give you a rifle with a red dot and scope. Using the scope it's zerod in at 300m, but most of my engagements are at 100-150m. So taking out targets at distance is hard. So I usually get to the camp and take out the pistol and kill enough people to steal the vehicle. Then I either crash it trying to escape or get shot by the people who are still alive.

So I'm learning to use their editor to try to recreate these missions so I can train a bit. Being the lite version it doesn't let you save any mission you create - which leads to more frustration.

Overall though, I would say it's as realistic as the A-10C and the Ka-50 is on our side.

Coder - Oculus Rift Guy - Court Jester

Ok, well good news is, I think I've sorted the FPS issue out, now everything is running at the locked Frame rate of 30 FPS. :)

Now what can I do today to pass the time, stuck at work again so no simming :(

Only so much you can search for on Google, before you get arrested. ;)

Cowboy10uk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fighter pilots make movies, Attack pilots make history, Helicopter pilots make heros.

:pilotfly: Corsair 570x Crystal Case, Intel 8700K O/clocked to 4.8ghz, 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 MHZ Ram, 2 x 1TB M2 drives, 2 x 4TB Hard Drives, Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW, Maximus x Hero MB, H150i Cooler, 6 x Corsair LL120 RGB Fans And a bloody awful Pilot :doh:

Ok, well good news is, I think I've sorted the FPS issue out, now everything is running at the locked Frame rate of 30 FPS. :)

Now what can I do today to pass the time, stuck at work again so no simming :(

Only so much you can search for on Google, before you get arrested. ;)

Cowboy10uk

Arrested? You must be searching the goooood stuff:megalol:

Now what can I do today to pass the time

Well, i tried to change my curves settings of the Ka-50, setting it to 45°, wich was a real challenge when it cames out with my Saitek X52, and you know what ?

I re-discovered the Ka-50 !! :megalol:

I also installed DTAC Terrain and a ground textures for DCS world (witch i don't find the source anymore on this forum :( but i have a copy here )

And look the details of trees and ground !

sol1.jpg

sol2.jpg

And no FPS lost !

...can't wait the Huey...

Edited by Lib

Well, i tried to change my curves settings of the Ka-50, setting it to 45°, wich was a real challenge when it cames out with my Saitek X52, and you know what ?

I re-discovered the Ka-50 !! :megalol:

I also installed DTAC Terrain and a ground textures for DCS world (witch i don't find the source anymore on this forum :( but i have a copy here )

And look the details of trees and ground !

sol1.jpg

sol2.jpg

And no FPS lost !

...can't wait the Huey...

Really, no FPS loss. Mmmmmm could be tempted :)

Cowboy10uk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

...i have a copy here...

Hi Lib. The link seems broken, right?

It says "ERREUR 404 - Document non trouvé". Or it's me?

Thank you.

Intel i7-14700@5.6GHz | MSI RTX4080 Super SuprimX | Corsair V. 32GB@6400MHz. | Samsung 1TB 990 PRO SSD (Win10Homex64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

i am playing arma 3 alpha, but it is just an alpha and limited stuff in it.

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

Flying the Ka-50. Tried to fly for as long as possible at very low level without touching the collective and just the cyclic and rudder. I did that for 25km before overcooking a turn and ending up with torn off rotor blades with the nose sticking onto some train tracks. :D

Always remember. I don't have a clue what I'm doing

Killing the time irl

So like everyone around here I am pining away in my room over a belayed helicopter release, and to distract myself from my hearts bitter pain and torment of unrequited love I can do only one thing to be satisfied.

Helicopters, more specifically this:

I call it the latest in homeoapathetic medicine, where in this case, it means to cure "helicopter waiting time heartbreak" you need helicopters! Fight fire with fire, fight water with water and fight Helicopter with Helicopter

http://forums.eagle.ru/attachment.php?attachmentid=79968&stc=1&d=1366651851

Enjoy and sorry to those that hate this type of melodrama, even if it was fabricated :)

20130422_102212.jpg.d6250aee7e7ed50d1ad560dd44b1a1e6.jpg

i5 4690K, GTX1070, 24GB 1800mhz, HP WMR, Custom FFB helicopter controls.

i just wanted to fly togheter with my ka50 and some uh1, so i builded a fast mission,... but looks like my pc doesn't handel this well :(

i setted 12 uh 1's and 1 ka 50

when not looking to the huey's i get 35 fps, once i look at them i get 5 fps :mad::helpsmilie:

was just a fast mission to test, but could you guys see if you have the same problem?

could offcourse be my old computer (new is comming) but haven't had that fps in any other mission untill now,...

uh1.miz

I've been flying this model of the B734 I have - the FM is quite realistic IMHO, and the graphics are pretty decent all round:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/y9vh3kg4t5zlaah/20130422_084717.jpg

These kind of jokes aren`t getting old.:thumbup:

Deutsche DCS-Flughandbücher

SYSSpecs: i7-4790K @4GHz|GA-Z97X-SLI|16GB RAM|ASUS GTX1070|Win10 64bit|TrackIR5|TM Warthog/Saitek Pro Pedals