Look what our Russian friends found

Vintovka

Long time fan of ED and the products they are putting out (I've got an original boxed version of Lock On). I've finally decided to register and give my thanks to the developers for the simulations they have created and many many thanks to Belsimtek for creating this masterpiece. I am very excited as I check for the Huey to be released every day. Going through EvilBivol-1's posts I found this one on the Russian board.

http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/products/huey/

Now where is that buy button at...

Someone over there discovered it and if you are anything like me this brought a lot of excitement. I think we are awaiting 1.2.4 and not necessarily completion of the Huey but I feel with this page up we are very very close.

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmm, that price is going to surprise a lot of people.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

I think it will be very much worth it. This will be THE highest fidelity helicopter simulation on the market I believe. IIRC I paid 70 dollars for a-10C on release day.

It was $60 for A-10 according to my receipt. ;) I have no issue with the price at all, it will be easily worth it, but I know that is not what was originally announced last year.

EDIT: Btw, Welcome to the forum. :)

EDIT2: See VVVV

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Dang $49 for a single aircraft seems a little too high.

I was going to get this to have a little fun but that price to too high for me based on what I've seen so far.

VCAW-99_sig_ED_BD-3.png

Alienware New Aurora R15 | Windows® 11 Home Premium | 64bit, 13thGen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9 13900KF(24-Core, 68MB|  NVIDIA(R) GeForce RTX(TM) 4090, 24GB GDDR6X | 1 X 2TB SSD, 1X 1TB SSD | 64GB, 2x32GB, DDR5, 4800MHz | 1350W PSU, Alienware Cryo-tech (TM) Edition CPU Liquid Cooling  power supply | G2 Rverb VR

Dang $49 for a single aircraft seems a little too high.

You can even consider the A-10C a single aircraft when it came out (as beta) because everything else already +/- existed in previous LockOn versions (map, menu etc...).

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswind combat pedals, TrackIR4, Rift-S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!

It was $60 for A-10 according to my receipt. ;) I have no issue with the price at all, it will be easily worth it, but I know that is not what was originally announced last year.

EDIT: Btw, Welcome to the forum. :)

EDIT2: See VVVV

Thanks for the welcoming :D

You are definitely right it was 60

Either way I feel if this is the price there is ample reasoning for it although they announced 39.99. Perhaps they know the real hardcores like myself are willing to pay this amount or perhaps delays/setbacks increased the cost of development. I myself am much more of a rotary aircraft fan and ever since the KA-50 I have been waiting for a tail rotor helicopter simulation at the same level of fidelity.

With purchase of the Huey we are introduced with a higher fidelity cockpit damage model (glass breaking and hopefully more), new multiple seat positions within one aircraft, new sling loading physics, and possibly new ground troop AI and modelling.

I'll take that over your nevada map and graphics :D

Yeah I realize I sound like a huge fanboy. I suppose we will see with time just how the Huey really is.

I myself am much more of a rotary aircraft fan and ever since the KA-50 I have been waiting for a tail rotor helicopter simulation at the same level of fidelity.

I like helicopters but I fear that they have it in for me. However, I will be crashing and burning on day one!! ;)

I'm okay with that price. Helicopter simulation is a niche within a niche market. If we are to sustain further developement, we have to invest in our hobby. Also, these are hard times financially for everyone, belsimtek included. I sure hope the huey isn't the last we'll see from them. If 10 bucks extra betters the odds on keeping the busines going, i'm all for it.

And on a final note: Belsimtek is indeed developing great milestones for dcs: world, that other developers and of course us end-users benefit from.

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I shall not quibble over 10$, I just need a Buy and Download button :)

Thermaltake View 91, Z390 Gigabyte Aorus Ultra, i9 9900K, Corsair H150i Pro, 32Gb Trident Z 3200, Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 2080ti, Corsair AX1200i, Warthog A-10 Hotas, MFG Crosswind pedals, TiR5 Pro, HP Reverb Pro

I'm okay with that price. Helicopter simulation is a niche within a niche market. If we are to sustain further developement, we have to invest in our hobby. Also, these are hard times financially for everyone, belsimtek included. I sure hope the huey isn't the last we'll see from them. If 10 bucks extra betters the odds on keeping the busines going, i'm all for it.

And on a final note: Belsimtek is indeed developing great milestones for dcs: world, that other developers and of course us end-users benefit from.

Amen brother. Show me any other helicopter sim with this level of fidelity. I've tried them all from take on: Helicopters to Dodo sim in FSX. Complete garbage compared to what this is looking to be.

Don't get me wrong though DCS Blackshark is amazing but the coaxial rotor makes flying it feel so easy. It is a very stable helicopter within the simulation. I'm looking forward to the challenge of fighting the Huey to keep it in the air.

Edited by Vintovka

Don't get me wrong though DCS Blackshark is amazing but the coaxial rotor makes flying it feel so easy. It is a very stable helicopter within the simulation. I'm looking forward to the challenge of fighting the Huey to keep it in the air.

Same here!

Regarding the link in post 1, look at the date at the top introduction paragraph, seems like this page was already built and/or written in 2012 :) Which probably means the most recent announcement, with the 39,99 price tag, is correct. Still a nice find and gets excitement pumping even more!

Edited by manne

I find that quite expensive. It's 50 bucks for an aircraft with VERY limited gameplay.

I will buy it, but i will wait for first feedback to make sure it really worth it, and mainly because i'm a DCS addicted. I may not have much use of that helo. When more mods and studio will start working on DCS, i may stop buying everything that get released if it stays at the same price-point, my wallet won't survive otherwise.

I know devellopers need to eat, but i do too :)

I think what might have changed (from initial announced $39.99 price point) is that they have to pay some sort of licensing fee to Bell? Anyway, the extra $10 doesn't really change that much for me, although I wish it was better communicated with the community earlier.

That page leaked already in February 25th. That price is outdated. AFAIK the release price will be at standard 40 bucks.

For those that missed the excitement, there was a "leak" of a WIP DCS: Huey official announcement page, which had a product introduciton and a few screenshots. However the page was not yet intended to go public and was "uncovered" by one of the forum members.

As we've said before, ED is currently finalizing version 1.2.3 update for DCS and the Huey is not going to be included in this release. The current plan is to move on to 1.2.4 quickly and package the Huey for that update.

We are still recording voiceovers for the third party campaign to be included with DCS: Huey. Hopefully that will be completed in time to be included with the release.

EDIT:

That page is not definitely at its final version, it is for internal purpose only. It looks more like a concept. Look at the screens :D

1080924549_DCSUH-1HHuey-WindowsInternetExplorer_2013-04-12_10-37-36.jpg.a6915734fd57c43d5489aa9c8e467673.jpg

1371672052_DCSUH-1HHuey-WindowsInternetExplorer_2013-04-12_10-38-06.jpg.ea1d7e7a7f20c25cf81249addd93ff76.jpg

1415234909_DCSUH-1HHuey-WindowsInternetExplorer_2013-04-12_10-45-35.jpg.69ecfe94abf53858b675261e4ec35ca2.jpg

Edited by Suchacz

Let's not argue over who can afford what. Although that product page is outdated now, as far as I know the price listed is correct. For those who feel it may be too high, I'm sure it will be reduced eventually.

No problem EB, thanks for letting us know. While yes people will say its higher than previous modules, I for one have no problem with paying that for such a fantastic official sponsored module.

All I need is that buy now button to become live, and I have $150 here with your name on it. ( don't panic peps, I'm getting 3 modules for my Sqn ;) )

Cowboy10uk

Oh P.S. whe you say it is very close to release, ummm. What time frame we looking at. ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fighter pilots make movies, Attack pilots make history, Helicopter pilots make heros.

:pilotfly: Corsair 570x Crystal Case, Intel 8700K O/clocked to 4.8ghz, 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 MHZ Ram, 2 x 1TB M2 drives, 2 x 4TB Hard Drives, Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW, Maximus x Hero MB, H150i Cooler, 6 x Corsair LL120 RGB Fans And a bloody awful Pilot :doh: