Static Weather Clouds problems

Quetzalkoatl

This bug occurs since late 1.5.4. It basically looks like clouds formation (in static weather) cover quite small roundy area (my guess is 50-60km radius), instead of covering whole map as it used to be.

Also there is another problem related with this bug that I'll explain in following situations:

1. I spawn on Krymsk and I see nice cloud cover. I take off and fly in no matter what direction, in the end i reach mentioned earlier cloud coverage area and when I go back to the Krymsk airfield I see that majority of clouds disappeared, remaining clouds are in area shaped like common area of fields of 2 circles crossing each other in 2 points. This: https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/a/a7/Vesica_piscis_circles.svg

2. I spawn on Krymsk and I see the same cloud cover as in point 1, after clicking F2 button I switch to view of another plane that's far away from Krymsk and sky is cloudless in that location, then I go back to my plane on Krymsk and I see that cloud cover completely disappeared.

Fortunately problem doesn't occur for dynamic weather.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Made a video that shows problem in situation 2.

Video with situation 1 may appear too...

Please ED Im not asking for new wheather system... but at least fix the stuttering and disappearing & flickering clouds right? its very unrealistic and annoying

• 10 months later...

UP!!!

Any news about this problem?

Please fix!

i9 13900k 5.5Ghz; ASUS TUF RTX 3090 OC 24GB; 64GB ddr5 6400mhz cl30; 7 Tb SSD NVMe; 2Tb HDD; 20Tb NAS ZFS RAID1; LG 34GN850 3440x1440 160hz IPS; Hotas Warthog + VPC ACE Flight Rudder Pedals; TrackIR5; Quest3; DX3 Pro+ and HiFiMan Edition XS 

MacBook PRO 16' 2023 M3 Max (14cpu-30gpu), DDR5 36Gb, 1Tb + 2Tb 990PRO Ext

• ED Team

This is a long standing issue, until we see the new clouds we are unlikely to see any change.

When we have more news about the clouds we will let everyone know. It is high priority for the team.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2