How to make contact to other planes

Kiptanoi

Example:

Mission editor

New

- I put out one USA a10c as player.

- I put out one USA F16 as ai with waypoints, just a basic go from a to b, back to a and so on...

- I put out one Russian SAM SA-8.

Save and start mission.....

Can I now communicate with the F16?

If yes, how?

If no, what do I need to do to be able to communicate with the F16 and tell that plane to go destroy that SA-8?

I would do something along the lines of adding a MENU option. So in F10 Other menu make an option to have them engage. When that menu is called have the f16 group use MOOSEs CONTROLLABLE.TaskAttackGroup or CONTROLLABLE.TaskAttackUnit

Oh, so I do need external script for it to work?

Thanks for answer :)

Can I now communicate with the F16?

If yes, how?

If no, what do I need to do to be able to communicate with the F16 and tell that plane to go destroy that SA-8?

It's a little unclear which type of environment you're thinking of.

From a player perspective, players with Combined Arms can assign targets to AI units. That also works in the Multiplayer environment.

In a more static context, you could use the so called "Triggered Actions" to assign some of the "Search and engage" family of actions. And then there needs to be a trigger to trigger this action. The trigger could be bound to a flag, and the flag, in turn, could be set via the F10 menu.

That would leave you with:

Group F-16 -> Triggered action -> Engage unit SAM

Trigger Once -> Condition Flag is true, flag 1 -> Action: Trigger above action

Trigger Once -> Condition: none -> Action: Add Radio Option "Engage SAM", flag: 1