Questions concerning RAZBAM Ships

Northstar98

Hi Guys,

I've got a couple of questions for the ships being developed by RAZBAM

First question, will applicable ships come with a modelled hangar/functioning lifts/elevators either on release or sometime post-release?

I know there will be a mixed bag if this is an important feature - I know that the hangar bay and the aircraft lifts have got nothing to do as far as pilot's perspective is concerned. I know that aircraft are always started, armed, entered and exited from the flight deck, I know the hangar is there for maintenance purposes and not necessarily for storage. However, the real vessels have hangars and elevators/lifts, they have a real use and if anything else they are quite a cool feature. Now I'm no developer but as far as lifts/elevators are concerned that's probably for ED to implement on their own carriers.

My second question is for the ships which have amphibious assault in mind, with well-decks and ramps. Will this be implemented or be planned to be at a later point post-release? What this facilitates is part of a crucial role for ships like LPDs and LSDs some of which being developed by RAZBAM - having a well deck/well dock and a stern ramp to allow for amphibious operations using landing craft. Again this is something that ED probably has to implement before ships can have this kind of feature, with the ability to deploy landing craft.

EDIT: I just watched a video of the RAZBAM Harrier showing the stern ramp of the ship open with the well deck visible so that presumably satisfies my 2nd question.

I realise that first, changes need to be made to DCS itself to implement said features before they can be added to any ship. I'm just wondering if RAZBAM has the intention to add the above features or not subject to it being possible in DCS.

Cheers,

Ollie

Edited by Northstar98

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

I like the idea of working lifts and accurate bays for the planes to be stored.

I'm late to this whole RAZBAM ship thing, and I don't know if it has already been answered:

Will there be a slingshot for some of the carriers? I don't know which aircraft can use it, or which ships have it, or if it's planned, either by ED or RAZBAM.

Hardware: T-50 Mongoose, VKB STECS, Saitek 3 Throttle Quadrant, Homemade 32-function Leo Bodnar Button Box, MFG Crosswind Pedals Oculus Rift S

System Specs: MSI MPG X570 GAMING PLUS, RTX 3090, Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 32GB DDR4-3200, Samsung 860 EVO, Samsung 970 EVO 250GB

Modules: AH-64D, Ka-50, Mi-8MTV2, F-16C, F-15E, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-5E, P-51D, Spitfire Mk LF Mk. IXc, Bf-109K-4, Fw-190A-8

Maps: Normandy, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria

I like the idea of working lifts and accurate bays for the planes to be stored.

I'm late to this whole RAZBAM ship thing, and I don't know if it has already been answered:

Will there be a slingshot for some of the carriers? I don't know which aircraft can use it, or which ships have it, or if it's planned, either by ED or RAZBAM.

AFAIK it's also been requested in places of this thread: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=175733 but I couldn't see a definite answer from RAZBAM, either no we don't ever plan to implement such a feature or yes we plan to implement the feature at some point. That is why I made this one so hopefully RAZBAM can provide a clear answer of what they intend to implement.

As for the catapult the only carriers in current development with aircraft catapults will be the Nimitz class (developed by ED) and the Forestall Class (Heatblur) AFAIK all ships with catapults that are currently in development will have catapult functionality.

And for the working lifts/hangar bays they aren't typically used for storage in fact, aircraft are usually stored on the flight deck for readiness purposes and the hangar used for maintenance. AFAIK aircraft are only stored in the hangar bay if flight deck space is restricted and needs to be freed up (which may be the case with the ships RAZBAM are procuring) or under special conditions.

Edited by Northstar98

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.