VOR/DME possible?

VTJS17_Fire

Hi,

I want to set a VOR/DME in the mission editor, so that I can also read out the distance to that point/ unit, not only the bearing.

I know how to set up a NDB (VOR) in the mission editor, which can be used by the Huey, F-5E and M-2000C for example. But how can I add the DME unit or somehting, which works like that?

Thanks in advance,

Fire

Hardware: Intel i5 4670K | Zalman NPS9900MAX | GeIL 16GB @1333MHz | Asrock Z97 Pro4 | Sapphire Radeon R9 380X Nitro | Samsung SSDs 840 series 120GB & 250 GB | Samsung HD204UI 2TB | be quiet! Pure Power 530W | Aerocool RS-9 Devil Red | Samsung SyncMaster SA350 24" + ASUS VE198S 19" | Saitek X52 | TrackIR 5 | Thrustmaster MFD Cougar | Speedlink Darksky LED | Razor Diamondback | Razor X-Mat Control | SoundBlaster Tactic 3D Rage ### Software: Windows 10 Pro 64Bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

As far as I know that's simply not possible with the ME only (be sure to tell me if you find a way to do so ;) ).

What you can do is to alter the navaids file, the Beacon.lua.

See here for a great example with additional, real navaids in the Nevada area.

Of course, this way you won't have a 3D model of the station on the map and all people you want to use the navaids with need to have the changed Lua-file.

- Deutsche Tutorials und DCS Gameplay: youtube.com/Rakuzard | raku.yt/discord -

• 5 years later...
5 hours ago, Scifer said:

How do you do it?

One (of many) ways to do that is with a zone, and a trigger. You will also need a small sound file that is being played 'over the air'

We want to create an NDB at 440 kHz. Note that there is a big difference between an NDB and a VOR. I'll only discuss NDB below

1. First, create a small zone where you want to place the NDB, and name it something you can remember, e.g. 'Sim NDB 440k'
  2. Create a new trigger ONCE, NO EVENT, and name it 'Start NDB 440' or similar so you can find it
  3. Add a trigger CONDITION to "TIME MORE (1)"
  4. Add an ACTION: "RADIO TRANSMISSION" with the following parameters:
    1. File: navigate to, and select the sound file
    2. Zone: choose the one you just created, "Sim NDB 440K"
    3. Modulation: AM
    4. Loop: ON
    5. Freq (MHZ): 0.440  (remember, 440 kHz = 0.44 MHz)
    6. Power, W: 100 (that quite a lot, actually)
    7. Name: "<whatever you like>"
    8. Start Delay: 0

Now start you mission. When you tune your ADF to 440 kHz you will hear the sound file playing over your speakers (if your radio is configured accordingly), and the ADF should point to the point in the center of your zone.

You can also do this similarly with a ground vehicle and the special waypoint actions (you first need to set frequency as a command, and then follow with a second action that starts transmission with Transmit Message, and set it to loop)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1