the non existent communication is getting rather annoying

I would hope that anybody with a level head does not paint everyone with the same brush.

One crowdfunding campaign has absolutely nothing to do with another.

Leatherneck Simulations is now in the fortunate position of having their own crowd funding history that people can refer to when deciding whether or not to contribute, so you don't need to worry about that. With the failure of the Kinney Interactive campaign and the apparent general displeasure with this one, cichlidfan is probably more concerned about the other developers who have not attempted crowd funding yet. I generally agree with your statement though.
Edited by VincentLaw

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ED Team

I leave you guys alone for a couple days and you tear the place up, I dont mind a little heat in the discussion but please try and be respectful of others opinions, and dont make it personal. At the end of the day we all want to see the same thing, how we get there is always going to be perceived differently by certain people.

Dont make me shut this thread down, and dont make me look bad for keeping it open.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

• ED Team

Some good news:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/508681281/dcs-wwii-europe-1944/posts/787617?at=BAh7CDoMcG9zdF9pZGkDoQQMSSIIdWlkBjoGRVRpA0HAbEkiC2V4cGlyeQY7BlRJIhgyMDE0LTA0LTI0IDE2OjQ4OjE3BjsGVA%3D%3D--35b8ed02ac4ca8a26f8fec74a3a2df1a655d2097&ref=backer_project_update

The Backer Rewards Section is Finally Here – in Beta

Comment Like

Well, it took way, way more blood and guts than anyone could ever imagine, but we finally have it.

If you’re a project backer, you can manage your rewards here:

http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/personal/backer/

We also have a closed Backers forum here:

http://forums.eagle.ru/forumdisplay.php?f=326

This is currently in beta – feel free to play around with this as much as you like.

Please note that this only shows the rewards from the rewards matrix.

Anticipated problems:

Log-in and email mix-ups;

Wrong reward selection;

Wrong tier selection;

Bad logic when selecting eclectic reward combinations.

Missing features:

Not currently showing Completed Rewards for those of you who have already received your product keys;

Not showing non-matrix rewards for higher tier backers, such as custom aircraft paintschemes.

Here’s how this works.

Whether you backed on kickstarter or via paypal, you should be able to use this system.

Please note that the DCS site requires two separate logins, one for the site, and the other for the forums.

The Backer section is linked to the email address you used for your pledge.

If you already have a digitalcombatsimulator.com account linked to that email, you should be able to log in and immediately use the Backer Rewards page.

If you do not have a digitalcombatsimulator.com account linked to that email, please create one. It will give you access to all features on the site, including the Backer Rewards page.

If you already have a digitalcombatsimulator.com account linked to a different email address, unfortunately we do not have an automated way to deal with that. Please email dcswwii@eagle.ru from the email address currently on your DCS profile (not the kickstarter backer email address) and let us know which email address you used to back the project. We’ll be changing the backer email address to your DCS account email address (not the other way around).

Same goes for the forums.

If you already have a forums.eagle.ru account, and it uses the same email you used to back the project, you should be able to log in and get access to the backer forum automatically.

If you do not have a forums.eagle.ru account, create one with the same email you used to back the project, and you should get access to the backer forum.

If you already have a forums.eagle.ru account, but it uses a different email address than the one you used to back the project, unfortunately we do not have an automated way to deal with that. Please email dcswwii@eagle.ru from the email address currently on your forum profile (not the kickstarter backer email address) and let us know which email address you used to back the project. We’ll be changing the backer email address to your forum account email address (not the other way around).

Now, if you are using one email for the digitalcombatsimulator.com account and a different email for forums.eagle.ru, then unfortunately we won’t be able to link them. You’ll have to create a new account with a matching email address in one place or the other.

We'll be adding the missing features in the next couple of days. Hopefully no serious issues will be found in beta, in which case we'll be going live ASAP.

For any issues, please post in the Backer Forum, or email dcswwii@eagle.ru.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

Some good news:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/508681281/dcs-wwii-europe-1944/posts/787617?at=BAh7CDoMcG9zdF9pZGkDoQQMSSIIdWlkBjoGRVRpA0HAbEkiC2V4cGlyeQY7BlRJIhgyMDE0LTA0LTI0IDE2OjQ4OjE3BjsGVA%3D%3D--35b8ed02ac4ca8a26f8fec74a3a2df1a655d2097&ref=backer_project_update

The Backer Rewards Section is Finally Here – in Beta

Comment Like

Well, it took way, way more blood and guts than anyone could ever imagine, but we finally have it.

If you’re a project backer, you can manage your rewards here:

http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/personal/backer/

We also have a closed Backers forum here:

http://forums.eagle.ru/forumdisplay.php?f=326

This is currently in beta – feel free to play around with this as much as you like.

Please note that this only shows the rewards from the rewards matrix.

Anticipated problems:

Log-in and email mix-ups;

Wrong reward selection;

Wrong tier selection;

Bad logic when selecting eclectic reward combinations.

Missing features:

Not currently showing Completed Rewards for those of you who have already received your product keys;

Not showing non-matrix rewards for higher tier backers, such as custom aircraft paintschemes.

Here’s how this works.

Whether you backed on kickstarter or via paypal, you should be able to use this system.

Please note that the DCS site requires two separate logins, one for the site, and the other for the forums.

The Backer section is linked to the email address you used for your pledge.

If you already have a digitalcombatsimulator.com account linked to that email, you should be able to log in and immediately use the Backer Rewards page.

If you do not have a digitalcombatsimulator.com account linked to that email, please create one. It will give you access to all features on the site, including the Backer Rewards page.

If you already have a digitalcombatsimulator.com account linked to a different email address, unfortunately we do not have an automated way to deal with that. Please email dcswwii@eagle.ru from the email address currently on your DCS profile (not the kickstarter backer email address) and let us know which email address you used to back the project. We’ll be changing the backer email address to your DCS account email address (not the other way around).

Same goes for the forums.

If you already have a forums.eagle.ru account, and it uses the same email you used to back the project, you should be able to log in and get access to the backer forum automatically.

If you do not have a forums.eagle.ru account, create one with the same email you used to back the project, and you should get access to the backer forum.

If you already have a forums.eagle.ru account, but it uses a different email address than the one you used to back the project, unfortunately we do not have an automated way to deal with that. Please email dcswwii@eagle.ru from the email address currently on your forum profile (not the kickstarter backer email address) and let us know which email address you used to back the project. We’ll be changing the backer email address to your forum account email address (not the other way around).

Now, if you are using one email for the digitalcombatsimulator.com account and a different email for forums.eagle.ru, then unfortunately we won’t be able to link them. You’ll have to create a new account with a matching email address in one place or the other.

We'll be adding the missing features in the next couple of days. Hopefully no serious issues will be found in beta, in which case we'll be going live ASAP.

For any issues, please post in the Backer Forum, or email dcswwii@eagle.ru.

does anyone know how this works for the paypal backers?

Well I am a backer and it does not work for me, try to login and it says I am not a backer - just great....

Can't get into the backers forum either.

Maybe since they don't consider me a backer I can get my money back...

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

I emailed them yesterday evening with my issue ( had used a different email address on Kickstarter), had a reply when I got home this evening that all should be fixed, and it is I can now access both the Rewards site and the Backer forum. Kudos to them for their prompt response!

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|