Beginner problems

Noobicum4Ever

1: Yesterday and today I learned to take off and I managed a landing that I am very proud of. I'm starting to make progress, but I have a small problem: I can't launch missiles. If I use the cannon, it works. I have a Thrustmaster T16000M joystick. I noticed the same problem on the Su-27 and the A-10A and I don't know what to do. On Su-27 I press 2, then i to activate the radar, I select the target, I see LA but it doesn't work.

2: I noticed on the Su-27 that sometimes the nose tends to rise, or after certain maneuvers the plane goes to one side and I don't know how to fly normally again. I must always hold the joystick in the opposite direction to fly normally. From what I noticed F-15 although it is said to be less maneuverable is much more stable in flight. Any idea?

PS

I want to say a few words:

- this game is very well done: the mechanics, graphics, realism and complexity are perfect. The prices are very good and the discounts are consistent, being accessible to anyone;

- video tutorials and textbooks are very, very good for a beginner;

- on youtube you can find enough tutorials to learn this game, my favorite is Grim Reapers;

- from what I notice and the community is at the highest level.

you should watch some of the basic youtube videos for the aircraft you are trying to use. the planes and their systems are very complex. then a whole other level is the config of the flight controls. the questions you ask will only be answered here with specific questions and learning by experience.

for question two... that is controlled by trimming. the control surfaces can be adjusted so to stay level. later on this is important when you fire a missile and the plane seems to lean away from the empty pylon.

good luck and enjoy your journey.

AKA_SilverDevil AKA Forums My YouTube

“It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.” — Mark Twain

you should watch some of the basic youtube videos for the aircraft you are trying to use. the planes and their systems are very complex. then a whole other level is the config of the flight controls. the questions you ask will only be answered here with specific questions and learning by experience.

for question two... that is controlled by trimming. the control surfaces can be adjusted so to stay level. later on this is important when you fire a missile and the plane seems to lean away from the empty pylon.

good luck and enjoy your journey.

I solved the first problem: when I was playing LOMAC I launch missiles by pressing the button, now I have to press and hold to launch the missile...

As for the second problem, it seems that I have to experiment more to understand ... but it seems complicated to me. Is that what pilots do in reality?

Hopefully you have a 4 way hat on your stick that you can assign trim to. If not you can use keyboard keys. Either the arrow only keys or the number pad keys 8, 4, 6, 2.

If I remember correctly I have on the keyboard: r ctrl +; (up). (down), (left) / (right)

I'll try again and I'll learn. Thank you for the answer!

i have the same stick as you. the idea is make a button (or two) as modifier. then when pressing the modifier, and pressing another button or hat direction, it will do something else. for instance the thumb hat on the joystick without modifier is for zoom in and out. pressing modifier on the throttle and the hat on the joystick does the trim.

have a look at this image. i tried to find the original file on the Internet and could not find it. so whoever did this, thanks!

t16000fcs_Generic_Mapping_Diagram.png

button 3 is button 4 and button 4 is button 3.

i print it and make the notes of what button does what per aircraft.

“It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.” — Mark Twain

i have the same stick as you. ...

i print it and make the notes of what button does what per aircraft.

Thank you I will try tomorrow. After a few tries, it seems to me that the F-15 is much easier to pilot for a beginner ... The Su-27 sometimes gets out of hand. I did a few more takeoffs, landings, I shot down my first plane, the F-5E Tiger.

Just a quick thought. If the fighting of the controls seems a bit extreme, it may be worth just double checking in the axis menu, and making sure there are no double entries. DCS seems to automatically assign duplicate commands to whatever flight gear you’ve got plugged in. I’ve had my rudder controlling the throttle and all sorts, lol.

another idea. especially for all the flaming cliff modules is to go look for a config profile that someone has made for the aircraft.

here are three for F15

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3305839/

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3305117/

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3150178/

i am watching this thread and will help with any questions you have. good luck and have fun. :)

Just a quick thought. If the fighting of the controls seems a bit extreme, it may be worth just double checking in the axis menu, and making sure there are no double entries. DCS seems to automatically assign duplicate commands to whatever flight gear you’ve got plugged in. I’ve had my rudder controlling the throttle and all sorts, lol.

I checked, thanks.

I found on youtube, on Grim Reapers channel a video about what it is and how to use the trim function:

Flying Basics: Aircraft Trimming | DCS WORLD

another idea. especially for all the flaming cliff modules is to go look for a config profile that someone has made for the aircraft.

here are three for F15

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3305839/

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3305117/

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3150178/

i am watching this thread and will help with any questions you have. good luck and have fun. :)

I did not know. It's very amazing, thank you