Upgrade advice

I'm at the point where i'm 4 sure going to need an upgrade. i think the only thing i'm not going to change is nvidia gtx1080 founders. beleive it or not my 2nd gen i-5 2320 has done a pretty good job until now. it started suffering about two or three updates ago but b4 then i was getting a steady 60 frames in single player. also i wanted to see how some of you guy's felt about used parts. theres a bunch of that out there.

Me personally I dont like used parts for the simple fact that you don't know how hard they were put through the ringer, if they have been cleaned or how they were cleaned, the power supplies used to them etc.

Not saying there arent good used parts out there, just the unknown bugs me. But of course, a brand new part can break just as fast due to any weird reasons. If the costs are close, I buy new, and I havent seen any used parts that are a significant price drop from new.

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X#D

64 GB Ram

MSI RTX 4090

Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS

I'm at the point where i'm 4 sure going to need an upgrade. i think the only thing i'm not going to change is nvidia gtx1080 founders. beleive it or not my 2nd gen i-5 2320 has done a pretty good job until now. it started suffering about two or three updates ago but b4 then i was getting a steady 60 frames in single player. also i wanted to see how some of you guy's felt about used parts. theres a bunch of that out there.

Both EBay and Paypal have policies that favor the buyer. If someone sends you a fake CPU or bad power supply it will probably show in the first 30 days and you can file a claim and get your money back. Sounds like a hassle but so is RMAing a new part. Right now used components are in really high demand in the States on Ebay so you might not get as good a deal as under normal circumstances. But there is a big market for used components and people like myself are always selling their old stuff for upgrades or changes in circumstances.

EBay does have to charge sales tax now which is a bummer.

If you can get used with a return policy I don’t see any harm in it.

Personally I would look for parts that are not easily/typically abused.

For example Ryzen 2600x owners upgraded to the 3000 series not long after the 2000 series came out. Also all the Ryzen chips bin/overclock roughly the same under air or water coolers. People are not abusing them or burning them up.

You can find crazy good deals. Toss in 32Gb of 3200-3600 RAM (make sure it is certified to run those speeds on Ryzen) on a good B450 motherboard, you will have a hell of an upgrade to go with your 1080.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk