Launch and recovery cycle

speed-of-heat

Hi Guys,

how long will it take to get the carrier from Launch to recovery cycle in game? Will this be scriptable...

TIA

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

With the amazing and fantastic deck crew it makes much more fun staying on the boat and just watching and taxiing

For real. That was amazing to watch. I can't lie. it was better than I expected.

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | Reverb G1  | HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Flight Pedals

The video shows a launch configuration.
Indeed, although the ships do not appear to be moving at all *cough* decksliding *cough*. Hoping to be wrong, but doesnt look like launch/recovery cycles (if there is such a thing implemented) include automated driving into the wind or speeding up... Again i would love to be wrong, but this video certainly doesnt allay my fears for this DLC. The animated cat shot looks great, dont get me wrong. But the rest of it to be looks like well placed statics, giving the sense of a launch cycle, with ships no moving and a calm sea state.
Edited by Shadow.D.

Same question. The video shows a launch configuration. How does the carrier get into recovery mode and clear the little men out the way?

I think when LSO script start they trigger the crew if Cat 3/4 to get out of the way. Or pilots need to ask for landing clearence to trigger that.

Wags replied the following to someone in the commentsection on the YT Carrier Launch Ops vid.

f the mission starts with static deck crew or aircraft in the landing area, a simple trigger can be created to de-spawn them. The "live" deck crew around the waist cats automatically moves off the box and behind the foul lines. Thanks
Also confirmed by Wags is that you would have yellow shirts directing the plane the entire way to the catapult and off the arresting gear to the parking area.

Glowsticks at night for marshalling at night confirmed as well.

Last two after EA.

we'll include a key command cheat to get you on the correct cat location if needed.
Nice. :music_whistling:
Edited by dawgie79

Wags replied the following to someone in the commentsection on the YT Carrier Launch Ops vid.

Also confirmed by Wags is that you would have yellow shirts directing the plane the entire way to the catapult and off the arresting gear to the parking area.

Last two after EA.

hopefully it will despawn the airplanes as well...

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

Last two after EA.

Great. Now people can stop taxing on deck with taxi/nav lights on! lol

DO it or Don't, but don't cry about it. Real men don't cry!