A-10C Operation Piercing Fury Campaign

Hi Gents,

Mission 10: startup, no easy comm ever, tuning VHF to Kutaisi tower, but there is just no Kutaisi in the comms VHF ATC menu. What tha... :helpsmilie:

Spoiler here:

There are "possible" enemies in the vicinity of the airfield, ask for SAM Footprints to be posted, wait until they are posted, and continue mission.

Hi Ranger79,

question (maybe bug):

Anaconda mission

TGT 1. Going in hot with GBU-38 as requested by JTAC, ended up NOT dropping, JTAC says "Good bombs, say when ready for TGT2 coordinates!" or something similar. I for sure didn't drop anything.

TGT2. JTAC requests GBU-12 despite the overcast I'm obviously above. (By the way it said and wrote "about cloud deck" instead of "above" I think, I dunno if it is right in english) Anyway, I got confused, I tought he knows better, maybe he has his own handheld designator, so dropped GBU-12 through the clouds anyway, goes way off target, never seeking for the laser spot. I dropped GBU-38 afterwards, but JTAC got me wasting my LGB. Why didn't he ask for JDAM again?

Razor I'll check the first 9 line request and if the target explodes prematurely. The GBU12 request is accurate above the cloud deck, I'll check the spelling in the text.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Razor I'll check the first 9 line request and if the target explodes prematurely. The GBU12 request is accurate above the cloud deck, I'll check the spelling in the text.

Hi Ranger,

thanks for quick reply. Nothing wrong with the content of 1st 9-liner (don't remember spelling tough, maybe the same typo was there too), just that the target was reported to have been eliminated without me dropping anything. I actually turned around for another try, then the success msg came...

Uhm.. what do you mean GBU-12 is a good call to drop from above the deck? Operation Order says Mega 4-5 has a laser designator, but he never said in the 9-liner or remarks (ooor did he? :music_whistling:), and I never saw the bomb wobbling, looking for the laser spot. I'm not sure tough, if I followed attack heading order however, the bomb went into a steep drop on a side of a plateau. Was it a wrong attack heading, because in fact TAC-P has manually designated?

Another question after aborting Mission 12 Juggernaut. The flight killed every vehicle of every convoy on the road. Demo bridge has not been blown, dunno why, however none of the convoy made it to even halfway. Last report from MARSOC team was "Convoy nr. 5 entering border". Then no more messages. All vehicles burnt or smoldering. What did I do wrong?

Heads-up/Question: In the same mission tanker flies 180 kts, refuelling is very sluggish (even more so at 16k altitude) for both him and recipients too. Could this (and any upcoming mission's) tanker be cranked up to 220 kts maybe?

Thanks for feedback.

Edited by Razor18

• 2 weeks later...

I just had an issue with mission 12. Any fixes?

I destroyed all the convoys before they reached the demo bridge. I never got to progress from that. I tried putting a GBU-12 through the demo bridge but that didn't do anything either.

Also any tips on ensuring my wingmen don't fly into the mountains on their runs?

Thanks

Edited by nihalmurth

I just had an issue with mission 12. Any fixes?

I destroyed all the convoys before they reached the demo bridge. I never got to progress from that. I tried putting a GBU-12 through the demo bridge but that didn't do anything either.

Also any tips on ensuring my wingmen don't fly into the mountains on their runs?

Thanks

You should pay a lot more attention to the radio messages, especially what the MARSOC team says on the radio about what to do and what not to do. That's why they are in the mission, at the hilltop, for you, so listening and obeying to them will definitely help you. It helped me for sure after my blooper mentioned earlier... wink.gif

Edited by Razor18

• 2 weeks later...
Mission 14 Deep Cover bug?

SEAD F-16 do not shoot anything. They lock with their purple lines on TAD, but never shoot. Is it just me?

They should call when they are cleared to engage, and engage the AA threats unless there is a bug with them holding. They start engaging on Rodeo initiation.

They should call when they are cleared to engage, and engage the AA threats unless there is a bug with them holding. They start engaging on Rodeo initiation.

Yeah, they even locked (guess on camp AA), but they never shot... :helpsmilie:What are succes criterias? Kill every target before friendlies get eliminated? I killed every vehicle, picked off even two guys from the street, still no progress. Maybe because friedlies all died meanwhile?

Yeah, they even locked (guess on camp AA), but they never shot... :helpsmilie:What are succes criterias? Kill every target before friendlies get eliminated? I killed every vehicle, picked off even two guys from the street, still no progress. Maybe because friedlies all died meanwhile?

Did you get a notification to take out the Arty? Also, ensure you take out the enemies at the base camp and the enemy vehicle reinforcements.

Edited by Ranger79

Did you get a notification to take out the Arty? Also, ensure you take out the enemies at the base camp and the enemy vehicle reinforcements.

No, I never got that far. Now tried again for the 10+th time, and definitely SEAD F-16s doesn't shoot anything, just orbiting overhead their target with a purple line of lock, never shooting. So then...

I flew over there, bombed the AAs, after the last killed Uzi radioed THEY destroyed all the AA threat, and going RTB. All wingmen shot down meantime, but this might be another story. Can you fix please SEAD not shooting? Also someone cleared me to the remaining targets, but what triggers the helo to come in and pick up the friendlies?

Edited by Razor18

No, I never got that far. Now tried again for the 10+th time, and definitely SEAD F-16s doesn't shoot anything, just orbiting overhead their target with a purple line of lock, never shooting. So then...

I flew over there, bombed the AAs, after the last killed Uzi radioed THEY destroyed all the AA threat, and going RTB. All wingmen shot down meantime, but this might be another story. Can you fix please SEAD not shooting? Also someone cleared me to the remaining targets, but what triggers the helo to come in and pick up the friendlies?

Razor,

Ok just tried the mission in latest DCS build 1.5.6.1938, the F-16's did engage the AA threats at CAMP 2. It took them alil to get setup, but they started to engage. Also a tip, have your AI flight anchor at the WP3 Hold Point until you are asked to provide CAS. Of course I got tore up, but my flight made it all the way to the Arty CAS call.

lUE4Owf.png

rOcCos5.png

Edited by Ranger79

Razor,

Also a tip, have your AI flight anchor at the WP3 Hold Point until you are asked to provide CAS. Of course I got tore up, but my flight made it all the way to the Arty CAS call.

:doh: Douh'

I was always on my toes at HOLD point and went in with whole flight blazing immediately when "Rodeo" was announced. Was this maybe why timings got messed up, or did I mess up other things too with early engagement? :huh:

:doh: Douh'

I was always on my toes at HOLD point and went in with whole flight blazing immediately when "Rodeo" was announced. Was this maybe why timings got messed up, or did I mess up other things too with early engagement? :huh:

I recommend waiting for the first CAS request, engage, and when the JTAC announces cleared for other targets call in your flight. Thst should give the F16s enough time to engage, try to keep away from Camp 2.

Hi Ranger79, since you are discussing mission 14 here, may I also ask a question? I noticed that there is a difference between weapons in the briefing, and what is actually available. As per briefing, we should have four Mavericks, but actually we have zero, so that GBU-38s are the only guided weapon. As I dropped them too early, I had an exciting time bombing that moving Shilka with Mk-82s. Is this on purpose, or is this a bug?

Hi Ranger79, since you are discussing mission 14 here, may I also ask a question? I noticed that there is a difference between weapons in the briefing, and what is actually available. As per briefing, we should have four Mavericks, but actually we have zero, so that GBU-38s are the only guided weapon. As I dropped them too early, I had an exciting time bombing that moving Shilka with Mk-82s. Is this on purpose, or is this a bug?

Abak,

Update: Checked the documentation, the 4x Mavs shown in text is incorrect, next update I will include updated briefing.

Edited by Ranger79

I recommend waiting for the first CAS request, engage, and when the JTAC announces cleared for other targets call in your flight. This should give the F16s enough time to engage, try to keep away from Camp 2.

Hi Ranger,

did exactly as you said. F-16s again cicrled around Camp 2 with purple lock lines on their AA TGTs all the time, but then never shot their Mav's till they left, manpad in Camp2 got me when tried to CCIP bomb them (as CCRP was way off) after expending all the flights bombs to armour. :(

Hi Ranger,

did exactly as you said. F-16s again cicrled around Camp 2 with purple lock lines on their AA TGTs all the time, but then never shot their Mav's till they left, manpad in Camp2 got me when tried to CCIP bomb them (as CCRP was way off) after expending all the flights bombs to armour. :(

I could not reproduce the problem, a few options, don't fly low near the camp, have your wingman target the camp if you really want the AA targets destroyed.

OK, thanks!

EDIT: BREAK! I found the problem, I had an ancient AI GND targeting behaviour mod active, this prevented the F-16s from firing. Removed the mod, F-16's did as they supposed to. Sorry for whining.

Edited by Razor18