What happen to game minihud

SickenedMaggot
Go to solution Solved by Art-J,

• ED Team

Strange, just tested mine seems ok.

Game avionics and mini hud ticked.

can you attach your dcs log so we can look for clues.

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• ED Team

Does it happen on all missions?

Mission designers can force game modes off in missions if they wish to.

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Does it happen on all missions?

Mission designers can force game modes off in missions if they wish to.

thanks

Yes all missions, Ive never D/led a mission before, i make my own or use ones that came with sim, or mission gen. Ive forced it on in mission settings and still no luck.

• 2 months later...

I got DCS World on Steam along with all the F-15 Dlc's, Su-33, Nevada map, FC3 and the Ultimate Argument. I also have the 2.5.6 version from this site and brought everything over from Steam, but none of them show Game Avionics Hud, none of the Missions, Campaign Missions or Free Flight. I couldn't find a 2.5.5 version on this sight, I found everything worked fine on that version. There are a lot of problems with the aircraft too, they don't fly as stable in the new version, plus the Mig-29 has no tint on the Hud filter lens which makes it impossible to see the hud when flying into the sun which occurs in a few missions, the air-brake doesn't work and the Drag-chute doesn't deploy. I'm going to wait before I buy anymore until these issues are corrected. Don't get me wrong I like the Sim, I was in the AirForce I like flying around a Blowing shit up LOL

I got DCS World on Steam along with all the F-15 Dlc's, Su-33, Nevada map, FC3 and the Ultimate Argument. I also have the 2.5.6 version from this site and brought everything over from Steam, but none of them show Game Avionics Hud, none of the Missions, Campaign Missions or Free Flight. I couldn't find a 2.5.5 version on this sight, I found everything worked fine on that version. There are a lot of problems with the aircraft too, they don't fly as stable in the new version, plus the Mig-29 has no tint on the Hud filter lens which makes it impossible to see the hud when flying into the sun which occurs in a few missions, the air-brake doesn't work and the Drag-chute doesn't deploy. I'm going to wait before I buy anymore until these issues are corrected. Don't get me wrong I like the Sim, I was in the AirForce I like flying around a Blowing shit up LOL

I wish they would put the last 2.5.5 back up. The more I play 2.5.6 the more i get frustrated. On the other hand 2.5.6 graphics looks outstanding, but allot of the game mechanics are broke. At the least can we get a dev to acknowledge if the mini hud has been done away with or whats going on. I my self own FC3,F-18,f16, Nevada and the gulf. when 2.5.6 went official it seems it was not ready. it just ruffles my feathers, ive put allot of money in this sim and controls.

Edited by SickenedMaggot

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

And it's back with latest beta version, works with stable version, but this time i notice in the cofig file "easyradar" is no longer an option, like it is in stable release. I fly mainly  f16 and f18 so i dont need it for those  of coarse, but when i want just relaxing fun, the mini hud is very useful for FC3.

• Solution
On 4/13/2023 at 8:59 PM, SickenedMaggot said:

bump

Isn't it intended, though? Game flight mode was removed from DCS in January 27th OB update (check the patch notes), so that "easyradar" should be gone for good.

• Like 1

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

1 hour ago, Art-J said:

Isn't it intended, though? Game flight mode was removed from DCS in January 27th OB update (check the patch notes), so that "easyradar" should be gone for good.

Yes, the game mode was intentionally removed in that update, as the very low number of people that actually used it didn't justify the high maintainance that this mode caused.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

On 4/17/2023 at 3:04 AM, QuiGon said:

Yes, the game mode was intentionally removed in that update, as the very low number of people that actually used it didn't justify the high maintainance that this mode caused.

Didn't know that, no big deal really. The OB just looks to good to go back anyway, just dig deep and I will get to learn more😄