PointCTRL - Finger Mounted VR Controller

anyone know where i can find the voice assist GUI at?

Hey Hammer, did your PointCTRL show up!

Firmware, GUI and updated instructions athttp://pointctrl.com

Your password is on the invoice.

Miles

Now shipping up to website Pre-Order Form date 2022/06/01

Pre-Order  Form Submission https://pointctrl.com/preorder-form/

PointCTRL Support Discord https://discord.gg/jH5FktJ

PintCTRL Website https://pointctrl.com/

PointCTRLsmall.jpg

The following started since I uploaded the new firmware for the AUX buttons.

Ok, got a minor problem, I wonder if someone else can check. In the Gazelle where you have the standby ADI caging knob, I used to be able to press button 1 on the left FCU to remove the flag, then pressing button 2 at the same time i could twist my wrist left to centre the ADI so when I let go the ADI would remain uncaged. It doesn't do that now. As soon as I press button 2 the flag comes back because it's overiding button 1. In fact I can't uncage the the standby ADI at all now this way. I've tried keeping button 1 pressed and moving the fcu up and down without luck. It still works with left mouse button/ scroll wheel but that's immersion breaking. Hope it's something easy to fix on my part. Any ideas? Cheers

Edited by mr_mojo97

MSI M5 z270 | Intel i5 7600k (OC) 4.8GHz | MSI GTX1080ti Gaming X 11Gb | 500gb Samsung 970 Evo NVME M.2 (DCS World) | 500gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD (OS and Apps) | 32Gb 2400MHz DDR4 - Crucial Ballistix | Be Quiet Silent Loop 240mm | NZXT H440 case |

Thrustmaster Warthog - 47608 with Virpil Mongoose joystick base | MFG Crosswinds - 1241 | Westland Lynx collective with Bodnar X board | Pilot's seat from ZH832 Merlin | JetSeat | Oculus Rift S | Windows 10 | VA |

Hey guys, I tried searching through this thread but couldn't find anything conclusive. So I just wanted to ask, is this compatible with trackIR/normal 2D usage? Even outside of VR I would much prefer using an interface like this than constantly having to use a mouse.

Hey Guys,

If they don't function properly, and you have a soldering iron, it's a quick fix. If you don't have a soldering iron, you can send back the HMS and I will make the fix.

Don't forget to update to the latest stable version firmware 042120 and the v4 GUI/VA.

Hi Miles, I installed my AUX buttons and updated the firmware. Am I supposed to see the button banks in DCS settings? I don't see them to assign a function to them.

I am sure it must be something I am doing, I was order 189, not sure if that is early enough.

Peter

AMD RYZEN 7 2700 / 32GB / RTX2070 / 500GB M.2 with Windows and DCS / 2 - 500GB SSD / Rift S/ TM Warthog with F18 stick and Virpil WarBRD / Foxx Mounts/ MFG Crosswind rudders + 3 MFD's | Now enjoying VR with PointCTRL controllers + Gamematrix JetSeat

They currently only put out the QWE keys on one, and RTY on the other. If your aircraft has functions on those keys you’d have to remap them.

I remove those keys from all aircraft, and use them in Joystick Gremlin to trigger vJoy buttons with a tempo action, so I get six functions out of each button bank.

I haven’t yet, but also plan on programming JG to trigger eject when I hold two of them down at the same time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DEFENSOR FORTIS

Spoiler

Systems: Falcon NW Talon: Ryzen 9 5950X @4.9GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX 3090 FE; Falcon NW Mach V: Core i7 3930K @3.2GHz, 32GB DDR3, GTX 1080 FE

Cockpit: MonsterTech MTX F, 42" 4K TV, HP Reverb G2, Oculus Rift S, PointCTRL

Controls: RS F16SGRH CE, RS F18CGRH, VPC T-50CM2, VFX, WarBRD (Grips); VPC T-50CM2, RS FSSB R3L (Bases); Winwing F/A-18C, VPC T-50CM3, VPC T-50CM, TM Warthog, Cougar (Throttles); VPC ACE2 (Rudders)

They currently only put out the QWE keys on one, and RTY on the other. If your aircraft has functions on those keys you’d have to remap them.

I remove those keys from all aircraft, and use them in Joystick Gremlin to trigger vJoy buttons with a tempo action, so I get six functions out of each button bank.

I haven’t yet, but also plan on programming JG to trigger eject when I hold two of them down at the same time.

Even still, all you have to do is delete the keyboard command. The only thing that stops this key from being activated is if its bound to a 3rd party profile like TARGET or SST.

Intel 13900k @ 5.8ghz | 64gb GSkill Trident Z | MSI z790 Meg ACE| Zotac RTX4090 | Asus 1000w psu | Slaw RX Viper 2 pedals | VKB Gunfighter Mk3 MCE Ultimate + STECS/ Virpil MongoosT50+ MongoosT50CM |Virpil TCS+ AH64D grip + custom AH64D TEDAC | HP Reverb G2 | Windows 11 Pro | |Samsung Odyssey G9 | Next Level Racing Flight Seat Pro

My wallpaper and skins

True. I was just explaining a way to get more out of them

DEFENSOR FORTIS

Spoiler

Systems: Falcon NW Talon: Ryzen 9 5950X @4.9GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX 3090 FE; Falcon NW Mach V: Core i7 3930K @3.2GHz, 32GB DDR3, GTX 1080 FE

Controls: RS F16SGRH CE, RS F18CGRH, VPC T-50CM2, VFX, WarBRD (Grips); VPC T-50CM2, RS FSSB R3L (Bases); Winwing F/A-18C, VPC T-50CM3, VPC T-50CM, TM Warthog, Cougar (Throttles); VPC ACE2 (Rudders)

The following started since I uploaded the new firmware for the AUX buttons.

Ok, got a minor problem, I wonder if someone else can check. In the Gazelle where you have the standby ADI caging knob, I used to be able to press button 1 on the left FCU to remove the flag, then pressing button 2 at the same time i could twist my wrist left to centre the ADI so when I let go the ADI would remain uncaged. It doesn't do that now. As soon as I press button 2 the flag comes back because it's overiding button 1. In fact I can't uncage the the standby ADI at all now this way. I've tried keeping button 1 pressed and moving the fcu up and down without luck. It still works with left mouse button/ scroll wheel but that's immersion breaking. Hope it's something easy to fix on my part. Any ideas? Cheers

Hey Mojo,

Interesting, Pressing buttons 1 and 2 together should just hold left and right mouse buttons down. Just so I understand, on the standard mouse you left click and then scroll the mouse wheel for the function you want? And just a note: Most knob rotations in DCS are mapped to left click and hold followed by, mouse move up and down, rotating your wrist is usually not as reliable. If we changed the mouse wheel to left and right mouse movement in the DCS LUAs (if possible) the wrist rotation method would be very accurate.

I know its not much of an answer, but I am not sure of the standard mouse interaction required for this specific ADI function in the Gazelle.

Hey guys, I tried searching through this thread but couldn't find anything conclusive. So I just wanted to ask, is this compatible with trackIR/normal 2D usage? Even outside of VR I would much prefer using an interface like this than constantly having to use a mouse.

Hi Mustang,

In the discord Chic is using a 65" 4k with TrackIR and PointCTRL. He mounted the camera to a fixed position right above his head. I am working on a 2d specific version for the USAF and comercial sales.

True. I was just explaining a way to get more out of them

Whats up Rouge,

I am looking forward to how you, yet again! reconfigure you cockpit this week. Another simple way to increase the functions is with any joystick modifiers you have. I flew for the first time in a long time on Sunday. I also mapped and used the Aux Buttons while playing for the first time. I have my joystick paddle as a modifier so I put all of my admin functions on there.

Admin with Paddle Switch

Left button bank, chat window toggle - Huey control indicator off, gunners AI panel toggle,

Right button bank, center VR - "escape key" through voice attack macro, I could not get esc mapped to another keyboard key in DCS.

In Game

Left button bank NVGs, Right button bank, Front doors - Rear doors - Voice attack macro to unload troops in CTLD

Miles

PointCTRLsmall.jpg

I won’t be reconfiguring anything THIS week.

That’ll come when the order comes from MonsterTech.

DEFENSOR FORTIS

Spoiler

Hey Mojo,

Interesting, Pressing buttons 1 and 2 together should just hold left and right mouse buttons down. Just so I understand, on the standard mouse you left click and then scroll the mouse wheel for the function you want? And just a note: Most knob rotations in DCS are mapped to left click and hold followed by, mouse move up and down, rotating your wrist is usually not as reliable. If we changed the mouse wheel to left and right mouse movement in the DCS LUAs (if possible) the wrist rotation method would be very accurate.

I know its not much of an answer, but I am not sure of the standard mouse interaction required for this specific ADI function in the Gazelle.

Miles

Yeah, it seems to act differently from the last firmware. I haven't re-calibrated it as it usually works fine with a new firmware update.

The twisting of the wrist is only maybe 25-30 degrees so is fine for what I need in this situation - in most other situations I do as you say and click and move up or down to turn a knob. Unfortunately it seems that pressing button 2 while holding down button 1 seems to deselect button 1 is if both can't be selected at the same time.

To operate the standby ADI you need to keep the button pressed while simultaneously scrolling the mouse wheel. I've been doing this using the FCU's since buying PointCTRL in the gazelle without issue until installing the button banks so maybe something has changed (maybe even in DCS itself) or maybe i need to re-install the firmware.

It would be interesting to find out if anyone else who flies the the gazelle finds this problem just rule out me being a div! Unfortunately I don't know of another module that uses this procedure so I can't try it elsewhere.

MSI M5 z270 | Intel i5 7600k (OC) 4.8GHz | MSI GTX1080ti Gaming X 11Gb | 500gb Samsung 970 Evo NVME M.2 (DCS World) | 500gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD (OS and Apps) | 32Gb 2400MHz DDR4 - Crucial Ballistix | Be Quiet Silent Loop 240mm | NZXT H440 case |

Thrustmaster Warthog - 47608 with Virpil Mongoose joystick base | MFG Crosswinds - 1241 | Westland Lynx collective with Bodnar X board | Pilot's seat from ZH832 Merlin | JetSeat | Oculus Rift S | Windows 10 | VA |

Yeah, it seems to act differently from the last firmware. I haven't re-calibrated it as it usually works fine with a new firmware update.

The twisting of the wrist is only maybe 25-30 degrees so is fine for what I need in this situation - in most other situations I do as you say and click and move up or down to turn a knob. Unfortunately it seems that pressing button 2 while holding down button 1 seems to deselect button 1 is if both can't be selected at the same time.

To operate the standby ADI you need to keep the button pressed while simultaneously scrolling the mouse wheel. I've been doing this using the FCU's since buying PointCTRL in the gazelle without issue until installing the button banks so maybe something has changed (maybe even in DCS itself) or maybe i need to re-install the firmware.

It would be interesting to find out if anyone else who flies the the gazelle finds this problem just rule out me being a div! Unfortunately I don't know of another module that uses this procedure so I can't try it elsewhere.

Okay, thanks Mr Mojo,

I am clear now. I thought you were using button 3 as the mouse.

Confirming, with the standard mouse, you hold left and right click and then roll the mouse wheel.

With PointCTRL you hold FCU buttons 1 and 2, then scroll with moving FCU.

I did an interim change to the code to allow holding multiple FCU buttons to be recognized as a key-press. I thought I just did in in the alfa code. I will check it out, it sounds like I may have made some changes to the stable version when getting rid of that feature.

Thanks for pointing it out.

Miles

PointCTRLsmall.jpg

Hi Mustang,

In the discord Chic is using a 65" 4k with TrackIR and PointCTRL. He mounted the camera to a fixed position right above his head. I am working on a 2d specific version for the USAF and comercial sales.

Hey Miles,

That's awesome, I'm thankfully already on the list so I can't wait for my number to get called! Does the camera have to be mounted in a stationary position or can it be mounted on my head like the trackIR clip?

Okay, thanks Mr Mojo,

I am clear now. I thought you were using button 3 as the mouse.

Confirming, with the standard mouse, you hold left and right click and then roll the mouse wheel.

With PointCTRL you hold FCU buttons 1 and 2, then scroll with moving FCU.

I did an interim change to the code to allow holding multiple FCU buttons to be recognized as a key-press. I thought I just did in in the alfa code. I will check it out, it sounds like I may have made some changes to the stable version when getting rid of that feature.

Thanks for pointing it out.

Miles

Not quite right on the first part, Miles. On the standard mouse I can press and hold the left button only and use the scroll wheel to centre the standby ADI.

Your second part is correct though - I used to be able to press button 1 on the left FCU (to remove the flag) while at the same time pressing button 2 to allow a rotate the FCU (or move the FCU up and down to centre the standby ADI.

Sounds like you know what the issue is and can hopefully rectify it.

Thanks for checking, Miles

Edited by mr_mojo97

Hey Miles, Just to let you know my aux butttons landed today! :thumbup:

Techlabs Chameleon Watercooled Gaming PC - Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.7GHz : Samsung 950 Pro 256GB SSD, Samsung 500 gig SSD, Seagate 1TB 7200RPM Drive : MSI GeForce GTX 1080 "Founders Edition" 8192MB : 800W '80 Plus Gold' Modular Power Supply : 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 PC4-25600C16 3200MHz : Occulus Rift S : TM Warthog : MFG Crosswind V2 : Win 10 64. PointCTRL.

Hey Miles, Just to let you know my aux butttons landed today! :thumbup:

Awesome! let me know how you like them. We need to catch up on Discord voice, it's been a while.

Miles

PointCTRLsmall.jpg

UPDATE: Production is rolling again on PointCTRLv1, I am sending out the final invoices for this group.

If you get a invoice and want to wait for version 2, just let us know and I will cancel the invoice and move to the "waiting for v2" Group.

I should be announcing the "Now Shipping v1" for up to 375 in a few days. If you want to wait for Version 2, just don't respond until I post "Now Shipping v2".

Thanks for your patience, I had a few issues with v2 that I have to sort, so we are still probably 30 days out at least.

Miles

PointCTRLsmall.jpg

C'mon Windows... seriously??

picture.php?albumid=1313&pictureid=12213

I sure hope they are going to fix this at some point :doh:

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

Hi Miles, may I get on your list please?

Hi aero550, you have been added to the list link below.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3862014&postcount=690

Also, check out MilesD post for the PointCTRL Discord link,

if you haven't already, pop over there and introduce yourself

to the PointCTRL community.

Now just wait for your (Now Serving) number to be announced by MileD then follow the "Now Serving Section" link below and the instructions on "How to Order" Step (4)

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3607054&postcount=1

If you want to wait for Version 2, don't respond until you see MilesD post "Now Shipping v2".

Regards and stay safe

FireCat.

Hey guys, just wanted to chime in after a long hiatus. My PointCTRL was shipped to me exactly one year ago this month. Where the heck is it???

Haha, just kidding. It actually arrived within a few days.

However, due to life changing events and a very hectic work schedule, I just never got around to setting it up. I also had a Pimax 5k+ sitting in it's box, never used. I eventually sold it (in anticipation for the 8kx) and got Rift-S in the interim.

Also, I could only manage brief sessions on DCS from time to time. Now with things settling down, I managed to finally setup my HMS/FCUs and I must say........I'm totally impressed with them!

Miles, as an early adopter (#4 on the list), I knew that what you were creating for our community would be a game-changer! I am so glad that I took a leap of faith when I saw the prototype and what you were doing. Well worth the money for what it adds to the immersion in VR. Now I need to get a couple of the button units. I sent you an email. I know you're a busy man, so whenever you can, please send me an invoice.

Thank you.

~Redtail

Edited by redtail

~Redtail~

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hey guys, just wanted to chime in after a long hiatus. My PointCTRL was shipped to me exactly one year ago this month. Where the heck is it???

l

you TRYING to get shot?

Intel 13900k @ 5.8ghz | 64gb GSkill Trident Z | MSI z790 Meg ACE| Zotac RTX4090 | Asus 1000w psu | Slaw RX Viper 2 pedals | VKB Gunfighter Mk3 MCE Ultimate + STECS/ Virpil MongoosT50+ MongoosT50CM |Virpil TCS+ AH64D grip + custom AH64D TEDAC | HP Reverb G2 | Windows 11 Pro | |Samsung Odyssey G9 | Next Level Racing Flight Seat Pro

My wallpaper and skins

Melted cable

Hi, Miles, I’ve got a problem - my PointCTRL charging cable has melted!! Not sure how it’s happened, I keep it plugged in to a StarTech.com hub and never had any problems with it. It’s the only cable to have melted, so strange one.

Now, the light doesn’t come on and the hub doesn’t recognise it. Have you heard of this happening before? Hope you can see in the attached photo

38320388-FEB7-4C4B-ABAA-19028D1D5690.thumb.jpeg.35745a17e9effc33e66e812e1b93f7d0.jpeg