DCS Carrier Discussion

Airhunter

Since the announcement that the Super Carrier will be delayed, I have not opened DCS on my gaming computer. It's weird. Without the Carrier, I have no desire to play.

It is weird...I've been feeling the same way then remembered I need to set up an Open Beta install for SC so got that done yesterday. I've always flown Release but since SC is being released on OB only first it's time to take the plunge and be ready :smilewink:

Alienware Area-51M: i7-9700K, 165Hz 27" ASUS Swift PG279 IPS with G-SYNC, 32GB DDR4 Ram, 1TB M.2 PCie x4 SSD, 1TB SSHD, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 8GB GDDR6, Windows 10, CH Eclipse...

Check out my fictional F/A 18-C Hornet and Su33 Flanker skins at: https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/?CREATED_BY=WytchCrypt&set_filter=Y

Since the announcement that the Super Carrier will be delayed, I have not opened DCS on my gaming computer. It's weird. Without the Carrier, I have no desire to play.

Same here. I haven't launched DCS since Kate's post. I feel that eagle dynamics management is tearing apart, and the community won't stop fighting and insulting other people constantly here. Makes me very sad.

Edited by hein22
grammar

Stay safe

Well.... at least some updates in the Newsletter where it is, where it's going etc. would be nice.

I mean, it was supposed to be released half a month ago and the information about the new "release date" (somewhere between end of April and end of May) is "somewhere" on the forums.

I can't even find it very quickly. It was some reply to some thread, somewhere (was it in the Super Carrier, or the official News Thread?)

I don't care if I have to wait, but the least thing they could do is keep us updated on the official channels. Instead we get "Hey, we still have the free flight!" Oh really? Haven't noticed that thing that's going on for nearly 2 months (which is awesome, so thanks for that ED).

But we don't need a reminder every week about that.

What frustrates me is that Q1 was communicated. Eventually April 15 as a definitive days and the first promotion video was shared. Same day as expected release there is a message somewhere on the forum that there is a problem but as far as I know nothing official after that. At least not anything that is easy to find.

What is the status? Will it be released tomorrow, next month or in half a year? I have no clue what so ever.

What frustrates me is that Q1 was communicated. Eventually April 15 as a definitive days and the first promotion video was shared. Same day as expected release there is a message somewhere on the forum that there is a problem but as far as I know nothing official after that. At least not anything that is easy to find.

What is the status? Will it be released tomorrow, next month or in half a year? I have no clue what so ever.

In every sim I have ever played stuff gets delayed. Its the nature of the beast despite the best intentions.

If something was terminally busted and it was released even on beta the community really shows no mercy.

There was also this pesky little Covid thing in the mix, and then a massively generous offer of free trials to anyone and everyone for all the modules.

Sit back and chill bud, I also pre ordered, it will come.

Till then, blue skies and tailwinds.

Thermaltake View 91, Z390 Gigabyte Aorus Ultra, i9 9900K, Corsair H150i Pro, 32Gb Trident Z 3200, Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 2080ti, Corsair AX1200i, Warthog A-10 Hotas, MFG Crosswind pedals, TiR5 Pro, HP Reverb Pro

Next official date they are shooting for is end of May... Though with basically no patches worth mentioning for the last month its either looking very promising :) , or very troubling :(. Depending on your frame of mind.

I think they are all hands on deck trying to debugger the carrier and the rest of 2.5.6 right now, even with Covid hitting Russia pretty hard.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

In every sim I have ever played stuff gets delayed. Its the nature of the beast despite the best intentions.

If something was terminally busted and it was released even on beta the community really shows no mercy.

There was also this pesky little Covid thing in the mix, and then a massively generous offer of free trials to anyone and everyone for all the modules.

Sit back and chill bud, I also pre ordered, it will come.

Till then, blue skies and tailwinds.

While most everything you said is true, please do not use Covid as an excuse. Most of us are working from home in our professions, and still have to meet the expectations of our superiors. At the end of the week, you have to show some sort of production. Wags lives in the U.S. while most of the team is in Russia. It's worked for many years, but now with the Carrier module, it doesn't? They do not need more excuses.

Steve

PC: ASROCK Z370 Gaming K6 | Intel i7 8700K | GeForce 2080TI | 32GB GeSkill 3200 RAM | GeForce 2080TI | 500GB Samsung 850 EVO M.2 | 1TB Samsung 860 EVO M.2

FLIGHT STUFF: Rift S | Warthog Base | Virpil Base | Hornet Grip | A-10 Grip | Cougar Grip | Virpil F-14 Grip | Cougar MFD's | A-10C UFC | Saitek Flight Panels | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals

I'm inclined to give ED some slack during this time.

Productivity just isn't the same at home; A zoom video call is never the same as just walking to someone's desk or meeting room.

Then add in having to supervise children and help them with schoolwork, internet may not be as fast or reliable, anxiety of friends / family etc.

Debugging 2.5.6 is probably taking longer / more difficult then planned and that has to have an impact on the SC development.

I'm sure everyone is doing the best they can under the current circumstances.

Honestly, nobody has an issue with the fact that there is a delay.

The issue is, that it's communicated in the worst possible way there is.

The information is simply "somewhere around here, I guess".

And not: "This is the current state: Information!"

We get an "update" on the free flight promo event every week.

We DON'T get any information about the Super Carrier.

Is it delayed? Yes. How long? Nobody knows. End of May? Maybe. It was mentioned "somewhere".

How is it coming along? Good progression? Bad progression? Is it FUBAR, because something went terribly wrong?

Yes, the current Situation is bad. For everyone of us. We feel the impact in our daily lives.

That is not the problem, if you communicate well and on time and somewhere where we can find it easily.

Almost every DCS Session there is someone that asks "Wasn't there supposed to be a Supercarrier around? What happened?"

If they would just do a new YT Video, or a clear Forum Post AND regular updates in the Newsletter, nobody would be angry.

But it went from: "It's almost done!" to basically: "It vanished. Don't ask, won't tell. Shush. Go away!"

And that is the thing I've got a huge problem with.

While most everything you said is true, please do not use Covid as an excuse. Most of us are working from home in our professions, and still have to meet the expectations of our superiors. At the end of the week, you have to show some sort of production. Wags lives in the U.S. while most of the team is in Russia. It's worked for many years, but now with the Carrier module, it doesn't? They do not need more excuses.

Steve

Who knows man. Maybe their single rockstar programer is sick or has to take care of his/her kids.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Is it delayed? Yes. How long? Nobody knows. End of May? Maybe. It was mentioned "somewhere".

How is it coming along? Good progression? Bad progression? Is it FUBAR, because something went terribly wrong?

Yes, the current Situation is bad. For everyone of us. We feel the impact in our daily lives.

That is not the problem, if you communicate well and on time and somewhere where we can find it easily.

Almost every DCS Session there is someone that asks "Wasn't there supposed to be a Supercarrier around? What happened?"

If they would just do a new YT Video, or a clear Forum Post AND regular updates in the Newsletter, nobody would be angry.

But it went from: "It's almost done!" to basically: "It vanished. Don't ask, won't tell. Shush. Go away!"

Honestly ED probably doesnt know the current state. Something like a sale is very easy to update on. Mr. marketoid says its on sale till day x. Debuggering the entire MP system, or whatever other issues, probably a wee bit harder to "predict". Whenever vasily finds that loose noodle of spagetti code and makes sweet sweet coder love to it and fixes is "when" the SC will be ready.

How is it coming along? Good progression? Bad progression? Is it FUBAR, because something went terribly wrong?.

I phoned the sellers of the house we were in the process of buying to ask if we could arrange a visit to measure up for curtains. I was told “didn’t your solicitor tell you? We pulled out of the sale last week!”

That is the worst possible communication! So I can’t get too hung up on a delay in an early access computer game, it happens, I worked in IT for 30 odd years so yeh it happens. Sometimes you just don’t know how long something will take as it isn’t repeating a previous task, experience gives you a gut feel but it isn’t like laying bricks where a bricklayer does so many an hour. So giving estimates on gut feel soon gets ripped apart when they first don’t get met. Better to wait until you do know and the only message is “working on it” until there is a clear indication of dates to report in my view.

AMD 5800X3D · MSI 4080 · Asus ROG Strix B550 Gaming  · HP Reverb Pro · 1Tb M.2 NVMe, 32Gb Corsair Vengence 3600MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · VIRPIL T-50CM3 Base, Alpha Prime R. VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Base. JetSeat

Yep and now they have everyone's pre-order money so where's the incentive to deliver? They got paid already.

AMD Ryzen 5 3600, ASUS X570-PLUS, NVidia RTX 2080, 32GB DDR4 @2400MHz, Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, Corsair H100i cooler, Oculus Rift S.

I guess ED learned their lesson that anything you show to the community can and WILL be used against them. So now they probably will sit quiet until they can deliver.

Yep and now they have everyone's pre-order money so where's the incentive to deliver? They got paid already.

If that was how ED worked, DCS would've been dead years ago. I'm more than sure they are hard at work, but debugging/rewriting MP code is probably not something you would show in a video.

Besides, I'd rather have the devs working on code than wasting their time on the forums explaing what exactly the problem is and how they are going to solve it.

i5-8600k @4.9Ghz, 2080ti , 32GB@2666Mhz, 512GB SSD

• ED Team

We hope to have some more news soon for everyone.

For now we are working hard on testing the fixes the team have been doing, as soon as we have more information we will share it with everyone.

As it stands we are still planning for May sometime as long as testing goes to plan.

Thank you for your patience.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

The reason why they don’t give more progress updates is YOU! (Us??)

Every time they say something, one small group thanks them then the next wants more and more. Another contingent seems the need to exponentially exaggerate every word of whats said to the point of absurdity. Another group carries on about being ripped off....

At least the way it is currently all they have to say is “standby “.

There are many unknowns as yet but there are several certainties:

1. The super carrier will come

2. It will come when they think its ready

3. When it comes some people will bitch that it came too early and is filled with bugs

4. When it comes some will bitch that it came too late and has an incorrect eye hook measurement thingy

5. Some will complain they can’t put on shorts and jog around the deck before flight to help immersion....

6. Some will complain about frame rates

7. Some will brag about frame rates

8. The 4k vs VR war continues

8. The index,occulus,Vive war continues

I seriously could do this all day but you get the picture.

They can’t win with y’all so why try??

I9 (5Ghz turbo)2080ti 64Gb 3200 ram. 3 drives. A sata 2tb storage and 2 M.2 drives. 1 is 1tb, 1 is 500gb.

Valve Index, Virpil t50 cm2 stick, t50 base and v3 throttle w mini stick. MFG crosswind pedals.

To the contrary...

3. When it comes some people will bitch that it came too early and is filled with bugs

Isn't the "closed beta testing in progress" thing supposed to catch major bugs then?

I don't expect bug-free module in EA but "filled with bugs"?

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

The reason why they don’t give more progress updates is YOU!

People paid for it when it was a projected product with an estimated release date.

No-one minds it being delayed...but to go from "it'll be released on April 15th" to "we don't know when it will be relased" is a massive step.

If there was an approximate ETA I think everyone would be happy - as it is now, many have paid...but have no idea when they'll be able to realise that investment.

Airbag_signatur.png

"I guess ED learned their lesson that anything you show to the community can and WILL be used against them. So now they probably will sit quiet until they can deliver."

I would like to know when that happened? When did they ever get picked apart when they were open and honest about something? I believe the opposite is true.

Glad that they are doing "closed beta" with no updates. This must mean that they are not going to rely on the community to heavily de-bug the "open-beta". Just, ya know, "reading between the lines" which is all we do around here. Almost every question that someone asks is answered by a community member who knows just as much as the person who asked the original question. How about an update to the FAQ? Nah. Why change now? It seems like they are heading in a positive direction.

Steve

Edited by Bloodhound57

PC: ASROCK Z370 Gaming K6 | Intel i7 8700K | GeForce 2080TI | 32GB GeSkill 3200 RAM | GeForce 2080TI | 500GB Samsung 850 EVO M.2 | 1TB Samsung 860 EVO M.2

FLIGHT STUFF: Rift S | Warthog Base | Virpil Base | Hornet Grip | A-10 Grip | Cougar Grip | Virpil F-14 Grip | Cougar MFD's | A-10C UFC | Saitek Flight Panels | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals

This whole subforum? Whenever they showed/posted something people (not all of course) started jumping to conclusions about paywalls, missing features, SP only release and how FUBAR DCS is as a whole. But the best thing was their COO starting a thread about an updated DCS roadmap. Something meant to be an honest communication attempt with the community ended up being an orgy of "when are you going to fix this?", "why is this not included?", "why is your code so bad?", "can we get module XY?" and of course the whole blaming ED for not having released SC back in April. Some guy was even furious that the SC preview video "clearly showed the module in a finished stated" and accused ED of fraud. We get it, you are frustrated and so am I to a certain degree. But ED are working on it and no new preview content will speed that up (possibly quite the oppisite).

i5-8600k @4.9Ghz, 2080ti , 32GB@2666Mhz, 512GB SSD

Isn't the "closed beta testing in progress" thing supposed to catch major bugs then?

I don't expect bug-free module in EA but "filled with bugs"?

That reminds me. I guess props are in order that there hasn’t yet been a massive 100 page

Thread on “how unfair it is that I can’t get into closed beta”.

There is hope after all!!

Seriously (just injecting a bit of introspective humor to this endless thread)

I am excited it is coming, patient about arrival and hesitant about frame-rate hit.

As I said earlier, MY hope is that they have the carrier about dialed in but the unknown is because they have to solve the underlying frame rate problem before they feel comfortable releasing. Maybe they backed themselves into a corner and are now forced to fix underlying problems with code

The delays could be a good thing for the whole sandbox!

Edited by Mr. Big.”Biggs”

I9 (5Ghz turbo)2080ti 64Gb 3200 ram. 3 drives. A sata 2tb storage and 2 M.2 drives. 1 is 1tb, 1 is 500gb.

Valve Index, Virpil t50 cm2 stick, t50 base and v3 throttle w mini stick. MFG crosswind pedals.

But the best thing was their COO starting a thread about an updated DCS roadmap. Something meant to be an honest communication attempt with the community ended up being an orgy of "when are you going to fix this?", "why is this not included?

I guess it probably because there's thousands of people that paid $x.xx for a Product (the F/A18C) when they were told it was going to include all these features...and their COO came and annoumced it wasn't...

It'd be like me having paid my deposit on my new car and while waiting for delivery have Audi come back an announce...its their Policy not to include Brakes in the car in future...

Airbag_signatur.png