TPOD unexpected update.

Zeus67

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So after testing with NVGs this is what I see.

When clicking Fire on the MFD to fire the laser a green dot is created on the designated spot. Slewing the TPOD seems to have no effect on this green dot position at all. When I unclick Fire and click Fire again a new green dot is created at the new TDC position. The old green dot remains.

So obviously a bug and I am sure this will be addressed.

Millenix | 68th Virtual Fighter Squadron

AV8B | AJS-37 | F-5E | Mig-21bis | P-51D | Spitfire Mk IX | Bf-109 | M-2000C | A-10C | U1-H1 | Ka-50 | FC3

So after testing with NVGs this is what I see.

When clicking Fire on the MFD to fire the laser a green dot is created on the designated spot. Slewing the TPOD seems to have no effect on this green dot position at all. When I unclick Fire and click Fire again a new green dot is created at the new TDC position. The old green dot remains.

So obviously a bug and I am sure this will be addressed.

Yup perma laser spot lol

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Youtube

Reddit

So I've been trying to practice with the TGP and I think I must be doing something wrong given everyone else's success. So, DMT is at starter position following the flight path marker. I select TPOD on the MFCD, select AR/PT, select TDC. I place the TPOD initial marker near the target and press the TDC in any direction (NOT In), it locks to the ground. Now, when I press the TDC in a direction, as if slewing the DMT, most of the time the MPCD immediatly switches over to the DMT, and the TPOD starts swaying looking around wildly. Going back to the TPOD page on the MFCD, the view is slewing seemingly at random all over the place.

On the times when I manage to get the TPOD to slew properly, I line it up on a target, unsafe the laser, confirm laser code 1688, select FIRE, then SSS Aft to try an select LST. However, it does not show the compass with LST in the corner, it shows the camera view of the DMT with LST in the corner. When switching back to the TPOD screen on the MFCD, it has set itself to Stand By mode. Turning it back on has everything back to where it was when I tried to set the DMT in LST mode.

So I've been trying to practice with the TGP and I think I must be doing something wrong given everyone else's success. So, DMT is at starter position following the flight path marker. I select TPOD on the MFCD, select AR/PT, select TDC. I place the TPOD initial marker near the target and press the TDC in any direction (NOT In), it locks to the ground. Now, when I press the TDC in a direction, as if slewing the DMT, most of the time the MPCD immediatly switches over to the DMT, and the TPOD starts swaying looking around wildly. Going back to the TPOD page on the MFCD, the view is slewing seemingly at random all over the place.

On the times when I manage to get the TPOD to slew properly, I line it up on a target, unsafe the laser, confirm laser code 1688, select FIRE, then SSS Aft to try an select LST. However, it does not show the compass with LST in the corner, it shows the camera view of the DMT with LST in the corner. When switching back to the TPOD screen on the MFCD, it has set itself to Stand By mode. Turning it back on has everything back to where it was when I tried to set the DMT in LST mode.

Keep the TGP on the left screen, if the TGP screen leaves the MPCD, it will automatically switch to stand by mode. Leave the right MPCD for the DMT (LST/TV). Try to follow what I posted earlier and see if it helps

- I have been acquiring the target with the Tpod in HTS mode. Then turning back to TDC (not TDC ). Pressing the AG Target Undesignate/NWS/FOV. The TGP should stay on the target. Then using the DMT, TV mode to lock the target. Once bombs are release in auto, switch back to HTS mode, activate the laser and ensure crosshairs where on the target. Also used a left hand turn to try to maintain TGP line of sight open.

- Also remember, where not having that many successes, it is still WIP.

- Give yourself plenty of distance to lock the target and you might need several tries/runs just to get the hang of just locking the target.

- Remember, if you slew the TGP at all, the aim point will switch to just below the aircraft.

- Another thing is the TGP automatically locks right now when you stop slewing, you can tell by the small box/square on the center. If you press TDC down/action (attempt to lock) the box disappears because you are locking what ever is under the VVS (aka Flight path marker).

Edited by mvsgas
  • Like 1

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

Here is another video collection of the USMC AV8B using the TGP. Looks like most time (almost all) the HTS mode is use for lasing targets

5hPUSUGEEgs

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

Flick DMT switch behind the Stick swithc to ON when turning on the aircraft.

Somehow the DMT is enabled even tho the switch is in off position and it can bug out with LST

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Youtube

Reddit

Yep, permanent laser spot, the TGP is great for scouting out targets though, much better than the DMT tv so I am glad to be able to do that with the TDC instead of the osb buttons. Was a little excited to be able to use GBU 12's, but because the laser stay permanent will have to wait till that gets fixed so I am not putting 1688 laser spots everywhere. Thanks for the surprise though! Hope that laser thing is easy to fix!

i7 7800x @ 4.2Ghz I MSI M7ACK X299 I 32GB G Skill Ripjaws DDR4 2400 I ASUS STRIX GTX 1080Ti I Samsung EVO 960 500GB M.2 PCIe SSD I TM 16000M STICK / HOTAS / TM Pedals I Oculus Rift VR CV1

VF-111 Sun Downers

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Carrier Strike Group 1 | Discord

Keep the TGP on the left screen, if the TGP screen leaves the MPCD, it will automatically switch to stand by mode. Leave the right MPCD for the DMT (LST/TV). Try to follow what I posted earlier and see if it helps

- Also remember, where not having that many successes, it is still WIP.

- Give yourself plenty of distance to lock the target and you might need several tries/runs just to get the hang of just locking the target.

- Remember, if you slew the TGP at all, the aim point will switch to just below the aircraft.

- Another thing is the TGP automatically locks right now when you stop slewing, you can tell by the small box/square on the center. If you press TDC down/action (attempt to lock) the box disappears because you are locking what ever is under the VVS (aka Flight path marker).

Flick DMT switch behind the Stick swithc to ON when turning on the aircraft.

Somehow the DMT is enabled even tho the switch is in off position and it can bug out with LST

Using the TGP on the left MCPD seems to have done the trick with it reliably slewing, and I had been forgetting the DMT switch behind the stick, all is working as well as to be expected now. Thanks for the help guys.

• Like 1

I tried with a friend buddy lasing. He acquired successfully the target with DMT LSS and killed it with GBU12. When we tried for a second target, the LSS was always acquiring the old destroyed target. I have tried several times by undesignating TPOD. It seems that the laser cannot unlock the first spotted target, even if the TPOD can change targets. Moreover, I noticed the same thing that Nero.ger noticed: if you fly night mission you see small bright dots with your NVG of all the previous laser spots(some midair). this MIGHT cause a lot of issues in Multiplayer when 10 people pepper the target area with thier laser (chrismaslights)

Merry Christmas

My Hardware: ROG Strix X570-F Gaming - AMD 5600X @ 4.7 ghz - G.SKILL TRIDENT 32GB DDR4 3200 (14-14-14-34 CL) - GigaByte 3080ti OC 12gb - Corsair MP600 Force 1TB - 2 x EVO Nvme 500GB - Virpil Warbird Base T-50CM2 and TM Throttle + Trackhat + G25 + AOC AG271QG 27"

My Modules: JF-17, F-16C, AV-8N/A, F-18C, ASJ37, MiG-15Bis, MiG-21Bis, Fw-190D, Bf-109K, P-51D, F-86F, Ka-50 III, UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2, NS430, FC3, A-10C, Mirage 2000C, L-39, F-5E-3, SA342, Spitfire, AH-64, Mirage F-1CE.

My Maps: Nevada, Normandy, Persian Gulf, Syria, South Atlantic.

Here is another video collection of the USMC AV8B using the TGP. Looks like most time (almost all) the HTS mode is use for lasing targets

5hPUSUGEEgs

HTS mode is, as I read it in the Manual, for buddy lasing.

You can slew the TPOD directly, but Your own sensors are not slaved to the TPOD designated target.

In TDC mode it works like in HTS mode and additionally Your own sensors are slewed to the TPOD designated target and thus can be used for an attack run by Yourself.

In TDC (Not underlined) mode the TPOD will be slaved to Your selected sensor (DMT, INS).

F.eks if You want to attack a target near a waypoint, it might ve beneficial to start out with INS as sensor and with TDC slave the TPOD to that waypoint. Then select TDC and fine tune Your TPOD designation and then use the DMT LTS for the attack run.

But currently a few bugs means that we still can use it fully, but it seems we are near :)

i7-10700K 3.8-5.1Ghz, 32GB RAM, RTX 4070 12GB, 1 x 1 TB SSD, 2 x 2TB SSD2 TB,  1 x 2 TBHDD 7200 RPM, Win10 Home 64bit, Meta Quest 3.

A youtube tutorial, explaining at least what it can be done by TPOD up to now it would be very usefull. Otherwise I am very confused,

My Hardware: ROG Strix X570-F Gaming - AMD 5600X @ 4.7 ghz - G.SKILL TRIDENT 32GB DDR4 3200 (14-14-14-34 CL) - GigaByte 3080ti OC 12gb - Corsair MP600 Force 1TB - 2 x EVO Nvme 500GB - Virpil Warbird Base T-50CM2 and TM Throttle + Trackhat + G25 + AOC AG271QG 27"

My Modules: JF-17, F-16C, AV-8N/A, F-18C, ASJ37, MiG-15Bis, MiG-21Bis, Fw-190D, Bf-109K, P-51D, F-86F, Ka-50 III, UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2, NS430, FC3, A-10C, Mirage 2000C, L-39, F-5E-3, SA342, Spitfire, AH-64, Mirage F-1CE.

HTS mode is, as I read it in the Manual, for buddy lasing.

You can slew the TPOD directly, but Your own sensors are not slaved to the TPOD designated target.

In TDC mode it works like in HTS mode and additionally Your own sensors are slewed to the TPOD designated target and thus can be used for an attack run by Yourself.

In TDC (Not underlined) mode the TPOD will be slaved to Your selected sensor (DMT, INS).

F.eks if You want to attack a target near a waypoint, it might ve beneficial to start out with INS as sensor and with TDC slave the TPOD to that waypoint. Then select TDC and fine tune Your TPOD designation and then use the DMT LTS for the attack run.

But currently a few bugs means that we still can use it fully, but it seems we are near :)

To add to it. in HTS mode, not only can you slew the pod like in TDC, but now you can use the SSS switch to control other options as well.

[ATTACH]174854[/ATTACH]

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3334459&postcount=18

To whom it may concern,

A youtube tutorial, explaining at least what it can be done by TPOD up to now it would be very usefull. Otherwise I am very confused,

Right now, it can be use to spot targets. Everything else is buggy so you get mix results.

To whom it may concern,

Go look for a guy named "RedKite" on YouTube.

He has produced some great Harrier instructionals.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

http://www.476vfightergroup.com/content.php

High Quality Aviation Photography For Personal Enjoyment And Editorial Use.

www.crosswindimages.com

Go look for a guy named "RedKite" on YouTube.

He has produced some great Harrier instructionals.

He basically said is not ready. Also it seem he is not using it properly in the since that the TGP must be in the MPCD in order to be use. If you change the page the TGP will automatically switch to standby.

To whom it may concern,

Many Thanks Guys!!!!

This video explains everything!!!

Merry Xmas

I used it to just find my target and didn't realize that sss aft would turn off the tgp. If you are just using gbu 12 you can have much better results using the dmt and a jtac lasing because the tgp acquired a laser lock but it stays stuck there. Still cool to have an mess around with.

I will use it much more when autopilot alt hold is implemented. Right now it becomes very hard to manage the screens when firing weapons because of how light the airframe is.

Asus ROG Strix Z790-E | Core i9 13900K-NZXT Kraken X73 AIO | 32GB DDR5 G Skill Neo 6600mhz | 2TB Sk Hynix P41 Platinum nvme |1TB Evo 970 Plus nvme | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Gigabyte OC 4090  | Phanteks P600S | 1000W MSI  MPG A1000G | LG C2 42 Evo 3840x2160 @ 120hz

• 2 weeks later...

Surprisenly, when you have the slave osb selected the DMT is slaved to TPOD. Consequently, when a target is detected, If you uncage MAV or call DMT you will find that both are located to the target.

still not working, no lasing designate, working only for watch the targets

you can lase (it´s buggy because the laser stay there and you can´t move the laser- works when targets aren´t to close to each other) and in this build you can work with tgp and mavericks.- you don´t have to use the dmt... so the tgp is going to be usefull thumbup.gif

Yes :thumbup: TPOD with mavericks work well !

:pilotfly:

Edited by laumaya

Current specs: Windows 10 64bit, i7-7700K @ 4.8 Ghz, 32 GB RAM, 1 To SSD, RTX2070-Super, TrackIR 5, TM Warthog, TM T.Flight Rudder Pedals