The future of F-5E in DCS?

ThorBrasil

Nope, never been near an F-16. I worked on F-4s for four years. The F-4 had four Bullpup bays on the belly of the fuselage. The Bullpup was loaded into the bay so that one-half the missile diameter protruded. After the Bullpup was fired, hydraulically operated doors closed down to fair in the fuselage. The F-4 was designed to carry both A2A and A2G. As I said in my post, I wasn't in Ordanance, so I didn't know how they were used.

When all else fails, READ THE INSTRUCTIONS!

i-7 8700K Coffee Lake 5 GHz OC CPU, 32GB Corsair 3200 RAM, GTX1080 Ti 11Gb VRAM. Controls - Thrustmaster Warthog H.O.T.A.S., Saitek Pro rudder pedals, TrackIR 5, Oculus Rift S, Rift CV1

Then I stand corrected. As I said, I was a bubble-chaser, and it was almost half a century ago.

When all else fails, READ THE INSTRUCTIONS!

i-7 8700K Coffee Lake 5 GHz OC CPU, 32GB Corsair 3200 RAM, GTX1080 Ti 11Gb VRAM. Controls - Thrustmaster Warthog H.O.T.A.S., Saitek Pro rudder pedals, TrackIR 5, Oculus Rift S, Rift CV1

• 1 month later...
actually they said had considered to the maverick feature, and would implement it, if they could find the enough documentation of the An/Apq 159 radar v2 ( current V3 is a standard Radar display) with the TV display screen.

post-300-0-78941000-1356641216.jpg

another image found of the TV screen F5E

14d5806906efd377d1dd94173859ecf5.jpg

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

While Maverick would be funny, i think ILS would be far more usefull than anything else.

Because no matter how precisely your Missiles will hit, if you cant find the Runway again you are in trouble.

So a big +1 for adding ILS support.

havent done much research so far but i think ILS is mandatory.

Well, we still have the TACAN to find our home plate don’t we ?

Yes you can find the Runway if the visibility is good enough to land when you ar close.

If theres fog and you see the runway only if you, lets say, 1000 feet away. You are in trouble.

A typical tacan (non-precision) approach will get you down to about a 500ft ceiling and maybe a mile of vis. Those are some pretty crummy conditions. You can pretty easily find published tacan approaches for Nellis and other NTTR airfields online. Black Sea is a different story, but it wouldn't be too hard to design your own approaches to the TACAN equipped fields. Incidentally, the navy's current legacy hornet fleet is not equipped with ILS either. Not necessarily a big priority for a fighter that was designed to be effective in primarily visual conditions.