Still in beta?

Bufo

Well the Mig-21 is one of the most flawed/unfinished modules in DCS, so I would say its atleast in an unofficial Beta.

Still love it though.

OS: Win10 | Hardware: Z97 Mainboard, i7 4790k @4Ghz, GTX980, 4x4GB DDR3-1600 Dual Channel Ram, TM Warthog (w/ Extension) + Throttle, CH Pro Pedals, TIR5 with Custom Clip

The recent ctd bug is a pain, but the module itself is excellent and among the very best in DCS.

P-51D | Fw 190D-9 | Bf 109K-4 | Spitfire Mk IX | P-47D | WW2 assets pack | F-86 | Mig-15 | Mig-21 | Mirage 2000C | A-10C II | F-5E | F-16 | F/A-18 | Ka-50 | Combined Arms | FC3 | Nevada | Normandy | Straight of Hormuz | Syria

Well the Mig-21 is one of the most flawed/unfinished modules in DCS, so I would say its atleast in an unofficial Beta.

Still love it though.

To me this module looks quite finished. I didn't have any bugs until the recent CTD one, and everything worked.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Guys, this is a simple yes and no question and doesn't depend on personal opinions.

Yes, it is still in beta (or Early Access as it is called nowadays). The webshop clearly states that.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Guys, this is a simple yes and no question and doesn't depend on personal opinions.

Yes, it is still in beta (or Early Access as it is called nowadays). The webshop clearly states that.

It is not as simple like that, hence my original question. The webshop displays that, yes, but in game it appears as not in beta:

nUVSdiS.jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It is not as simple like that, hence my original question. The webshop displays that, yes, but in game it appears as not in beta:

nUVSdiS.jpg

Hmm, that's indeed pretty weird. But I can't remember any anouncement that the MiG-21 has been out of beta and fully released.

It doesn't really matter anyways since there is no real difference between "beta" (or "early access") and "final" products in DCS, because they're getting fixes and updates as well.

Edited by QuiGon

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

Tornado3 small.jpg

Getting fixes and updates should be taken granted for software products. Especially in case like DCS when the underlying platform is developing as well.

But with early access or beta products I expect that there can be minor things still unfinished, some of the things are subject to a major change or there can be nasty bugs.

We consider the MiG-21 out of Early Access or Beta, as the aircraft is feature complete. (barring some very minor points)

That said-- updates will continue, obviously.

Thanks for clarification. So, the webshop page needs to be updated I guess? :D

Tornado3 small.jpg

We consider the MiG-21 out of Early Access or Beta, as the aircraft is feature complete. (barring some very minor points)

That said-- updates will continue, obviously.

I have no problem with that. I think the Mig-21 is a great module. I still keep jumping in it time after time. Absolutely love rocket attacks in the mig it's devastating:)

harrier landing GIFRYZEN 7 3700X Running at 4.35 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

TM Warthog Stick & Throttle plus 11" extension. VKB T-Rudder MKIV

• 2 months later...

Really....? Not beta?.

Uhmmm i think there are BIG issues yet. The way it flies is worse than ever... I hope a good fix is coming because many people is "nervous" about the issues it has and probably wont get the Viggen... Lack of trustness i would say. I loved this aircraft but i dont like the feeling being abandoned. I am still in the positive side... But as ED says, it is not the final position and is susceptible to be changed

But as ED says, it is not the final position and is susceptible to be changed

When is it ever in a final state? Its always changing and its not just the MiG-21, its DCS as a whole. I really hope it all settles down at some stage.

• 2 years later...
Still labeled as early access in the shop. But the developer said It Is released back in 2016. Is It possible to have an explanation? Released for the developer but early access for ED??
I hope it's status is early access as it has so many things to be fixed for a final version...

I Hope to see it one day with removed unrealistic features and armament, fixed ASP etc..

Sent from my Redmi 4 using Tapatalk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

To me this module looks quite finished. I didn't have any bugs until the recent CTD one, and everything worked.

Good luck hitting some ground targets with the cannon.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=183154

(barring some very minor points)

As minor as an elephant in the room. One that refuses to leave for several years.

Edited by Ghoul

When you take it for a spin and you notice the IAS indicator, altimeter, radio, DA-200 and stopwatch being broken, the chute bugged and the manual being outdated and incomplete, you really wonder what the hell they've been doing for the past 5 years.

It's like VEAO all over again...

When you take it for a spin and you notice the IAS indicator, altimeter, radio, DA-200 and stopwatch being broken, the chute bugged and the manual being outdated and incomplete, you really wonder what the hell they've been doing for the past 5 years.

It's like VEAO all over again...

The Fishbed is actively being worked on as you can see here: https://leatherneck-sim.mantishub.io/view_all_bug_page.php?filter=5c3b9f54dcc39

Tornado3 small.jpg

I wish ED or someone else would care about the Mig, it is a shame to see those bugs. Can't drop weapons with mouse click, landing lights shine through cockpit bottom, etc.

Why does it take so long to give us a clearer cockpit option ?

Why does it take so long to give us a clearer cockpit option ?

Because they're doing a much larger cockpit upgrade...

Tornado3 small.jpg