disappearing gun sights

Harley Davidson

I'm not sure if its just me but my aiming reticle is right on the top edge of my gunsight glass and usually disappears as I get close to the target. Is there a seat height adjustment or do I need to set up the sights some how. If I maneuver into a climb they usually come back... frustrating. :helpsmilie:

Thanks in advance!

It can disappear due to g force. This is one of the most significant things about the Sabre vs Mig balance. The Sabre's radar gun sight should give a distinct advantage over the Mig especially in heavier g turns. The muzzle velocity however lets it down. It may be that we just lack the clear data to get a good simulation of the muzzle velocity in the sim engine, or it is just difficult to hold the gs enough with a Mig at higher speed in order to reach that sweet spot.

I gave up on speed fighting since the Ai goes vertical pretty much always. So what you want to do is map your camera up and down buttons to your stick so you can adjust it on the fly. Then go ahead and click it up a couple notches so you can see down over the nose better. this will cause the pipper to go up and halfway off the glass if not all the way. Then say forget it, and watch your tracers. Follow the Mig up through a loop and close. Keep him above your nose so you are bleeding speed less quickly than him. As you reach the top, pull a little more g, you can even pump and dump if you have too much energy. Then hose him near the top. Or stall with him, easy on the throttle up/down and dive with him. If you have space to the next bandit, you should be able to get a kill this way. back off the throttle in dives and use your speed brakes. Scissor and follow them in the loop. with my edited M2 50 cals (M3) and API, APIT ammo, barrel heat, you can hose them pretty well this way. I had it set too high believe it or not. Like 920 mps, but 870 to 899 is better. I was blasting them with instant kills through the cockpit armor. It was lame so I knew it was wrong. ;) The damage modeling has improved as well. You will see bigger holes from your 50s and more fire, but that may be due to my super ammo. ;)

Also use hard control checks to recover after/near wing stalls and such. Once you get used to that your touch will improve. Dead zoning the rudder is good too. I was all over the place before that. Rudder authority is good, aileron not so much at low speed ;)

Edited by Squiffy

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It's perfectly ordinary banter Squiffy, "Bally Jerry, pranged his kite, right in the 'how's your father.'" - Monty Python, RAF Banter Sketch.

Squiffy, a. slang. 1. Intoxicated; drunk. 2. Askew, skew-whiff. - OED

"Put that sucker in a 4G turn and keep it there!!" - Maj. Gen. "Boots" Blesse