Speed Brake & Flap Switch - TM Warthog

This version adds a 3-position (OUT/OFF/IN) HOTAS switch for speed brakes.

Hello Sir,

Do you know if there is a way to set dual commands for a single position of a switch. For example:

Run command 1 when switch is flipped on

Run command 2 when switch is turned off

-Woog

Hello Sir,

Do you know if there is a way to set dual commands for a single position of a switch. For example:

-Woog

Yes it is.

Asus ROG Strix X570-E Gaming

AMD Ryzen™ 5 5600X

AMD Radeon™ RX 6800 XT 

G.Skill 32GB (2 x 16GB) Trident Z Neo DDR4 3600MHz

Hello Sir,

-Woog

Yes you can, provided that the two commands are in the same "category".

Here is an example for the F-5E Beacon lights. In my case this is in the file "Throttle - HOTAS Warthog.lua". If there is no specific file for your HOTAS/Throttle, it would be in "default.lua".:

{    down = extlights_commands.Beacon,                                                cockpit_device_id = devices.EXTLIGHTS_SYSTEM,    value_down = 1.0,                    name = _('Exterior Lights Beacon Switch - ON'),                category = {_('Right Panels'), _('Lighting Control Panel')}},
{    down = extlights_commands.Beacon,                                                cockpit_device_id = devices.EXTLIGHTS_SYSTEM,    value_down = 0.0,                    name = _('Exterior Lights Beacon Switch - OFF'),            category = {_('Right Panels'), _('Lighting Control Panel')}},
-- HWF added 1 line below
{    down = extlights_commands.Beacon, up = extlights_commands.Beacon, cockpit_device_id = devices.EXTLIGHTS_SYSTEM,    value_down = 1.0, value_up = 0.0, name = _('Exterior Lights Beacon Switch 2-Pos ON/OFF'),    category = {_('Right Panels'), _('Lighting Control Panel')}},

When you open the subject file with Notepad++, you can see line numbers. The first 2 lines are the "out-of-the-box" code in the file, in lines 470 and 471. They define how the beacon lights are switched on and off with 2 separate switches. The keyword "down" stands for "Switch ON", the keyword "up" stands for "Switch OFF". The 3rd line is just a comment. It's good practice to mark customizations so they can be easily found.

The 4th and last line is the added functionality. It defines how the beacon lights are turned ON and OFF with one switch. It's important that you give the added functionality a different (and unique!) name. After saving the file, starting DCS World and going to Options / Controls you will see a new line with this name (in my example "Exterior Lights Beacon Switch 2-Pos ON/OFF". To this line now you will assign the switch you want to use for the beacon light.

PS:

1. the original file for the F-5E uses large spaces between statements which can make the line terribly long. These spaces have no function. The files for other modules use no spaces at all which makes them a bit more difficult to read.

2. Any line starting with "--" is considered a comment and has no effect on functionality

Edited by LeCuvier

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

Here's 3pos switch code for Dogfight mode, not really flap related but I think it could fit here.

Can this post be sticky and name changed?

{	down = asg31_commands.DgMode,				up = asg31_commands.ResumeSearch,				cockpit_device_id = devices.AN_ASG31,			value_down = -1, value_up = 1,	name = _('Dogfight Missile/Resume Search'),					category = {_('Alternate Controls')}},
{	down = asg31_commands.DgMode,				up = asg31_commands.ResumeSearch,				cockpit_device_id = devices.AN_ASG31,			value_down =  1, value_up = 1,	name = _('Dogfight Gun/Resume Search'),						category = {_('Alternate Controls')}},

Hi, I've added a few more bindings to those already posted here.

3 position switches: Speedbrake, Flap Switch, Flap Lever, Selective Jettison Switch. 2 position switches: Nose Strut Extended/Retracted, Yaw damper, Pitch damper and Beacon light.

Place in DCS World\Mods\aircraft\F-5E\Input\F-5E\joystick. All bindings should be in the "HOTAS" category.

EDIT: Updated file with more 2 position bindings. Ext Fuel CL Switch, Ext Fuel Pylons Switch, Crossfeed switch, Left Boost Pump, Right Boost Pump, Battery Switch, Pitot Anti Ice Switch and Engine Anti-Ice Switch

Throttle - HOTAS Warthog.lua

Edited by Sverre

How would I go about making the following for the Sight Mode Selector?

I just want to assign it to two buttons. One turns the knob clockwise, the other counterclockwise.

Want to do the same for the Radar mode, but would make that myself, when I have seen how it would be done for the Sigh Mode Selector. Want to learn this stuff, but just start small :)

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

How would I go about making the following for the Sight Mode Selector?

I just want to assign it to two buttons. One turns the knob clockwise, the other counterclockwise.

Want to do the same for the Radar mode, but would make that myself, when I have seen how it would be done for the Sigh Mode Selector. Want to learn this stuff, but just start small :)

Luckily enough those are already default key commands. Look for the CW or CCW key binds for the various knob commands.

Luckily enough those are already default key commands. Look for the CW or CCW key binds for the various knob commands.

Shit! I knew I shouldnt have been looking for it, so late in the evening, and maybe tried again this morning to be sure. But thank you for switching on my lights :)

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

Hi guys, I'm a noob at changing positions on my Warthog HOTAS. I like to have my APU start switch set the Nose Strut Switch - EXTEND/RETRACT to on AND off.

Can anyone ELI5?

Currently there's no default 2-position bindings for the F-5, so you need to add the Nose Strut Switch yourself. you can use the lua file i've modified to include a number of 3 and 2 position switches icluding nose strut. http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2864336&postcount=56. (just follow my instructions in that post)

If you want to add it yourself, this post helped me to understand how to do it:http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2860852&postcount=54

Currently there's no default 2-position bindings for the F-5, so you need to add the Nose Strut Switch yourself. you can use the lua file i've modified to include a number of 3 and 2 position switches icluding nose strut. http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2864336&postcount=56. (just follow my instructions in that post)

If you want to add it yourself, this post helped me to understand how to do it:http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2860852&postcount=54

You're a blessing, thanks you very much!

There goes my free afternoon, I have a lot of planes to config ;).

• 11 months later...
This version adds a 3-position (OUT/OFF/IN) HOTAS switch for speed brakes.

why not just do this in the TARGET software, Id really like to get a group together and have one location for TARGET profiles. THey work much better than the lua:music_whistling:

why not just do this in the TARGET software, Id really like to get a group together and have one location for TARGET profiles. THey work much better than the lua:music_whistling:

If you are looking for a TARGET profile, here is mine. I find Joystick configuration very personal and that is why I always make my own profiles.

You need to map the definitions in the second page of the PDF for it to work, and of course the axes in DCS. Modify the profile to your own liking. Note that italics design secondary functions using the paddle as shift.

I also made a couple of oh-shit macros for those times when you don't know why your air-to-air or air-to-ground weapons are not releasing.

Edit: note that my TrackIR bindings are not standard so they will not work out of the box.

dcs-f5e-warthog.zip

Edited by escaner

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks so much! Ill take a look at it..

Do you have other target profiles? we can share ;)

Is there a place to post them or grab profiles?

In this forum: https://forums.eagle.ru/forumdisplay.php?f=96

Take a look at " DCS Warthog HOTAS Profiles by Polaris & Schnix" thread. F5 isn't there, but you'll see a wealth of profiles.

Also check out " DCS World TARGET profile for TM Cougar (HOTAS+MFDs) " thread. Very advanced, but it has F5 and just about every other module.

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

@hansangb what kinda frames do you get on DCS/ ARma3 with your setup? Im at a 4770k and need to upgrade soon

Maestro, I only play with VR these days and only DCS. So it's 90 or 45 depending on whether Async Space Warp kicks in or not. So Either way, very smooth for me.

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

+1

Win 10 pro 64 bit. Intel i7 4790 4 Ghz running at 4.6. Asus z97 pro wifi main board, 32 gig 2400 ddr3 gold ram, 50 inch 4K UHD and HDR TV for monitor. H80 cpu cooler. 8 other cooling fans in full tower server case. Soundblaster ZX sound card. EVGA 1080 TI FTW3. TM Hotas Wartog. TM T.16000M MFG Crosswinds Pedals. Trackir 5.

"Everyone should fly a Spitfire at least once" John S. Blyth