DCS: F-5E Tiger II Teaser - Being released July 2016

LevelPulse

Q: Is the F-5E we'll get capable of aerial refueling?

Hardware: Intel i5 4670K | Zalman NPS9900MAX | GeIL 16GB @1333MHz | Asrock Z97 Pro4 | Sapphire Radeon R9 380X Nitro | Samsung SSDs 840 series 120GB & 250 GB | Samsung HD204UI 2TB | be quiet! Pure Power 530W | Aerocool RS-9 Devil Red | Samsung SyncMaster SA350 24" + ASUS VE198S 19" | Saitek X52 | TrackIR 5 | Thrustmaster MFD Cougar | Speedlink Darksky LED | Razor Diamondback | Razor X-Mat Control | SoundBlaster Tactic 3D Rage ### Software: Windows 10 Pro 64Bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Does the sale last until it releases?

Yes, I believe so. Until early access starts atleast.

Good to know I have a lot more time to decide whether to use some bonus money for this purchase or just save it and and use the discount at hand already and hope for a major purchase later in the year and us the bonus money for that. Ahhhh decisions decisions... :)

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

Just an FYI, it didn't give me the option of using my bonus $ for this purchase.

Good to know I have a lot more time to decide whether to use some bonus money for this purchase or just save it and and use the discount at hand already and hope for a major purchase later in the year and us the bonus money for that. Ahhhh decisions decisions... :)

Q: Is the F-5E we'll get capable of aerial refueling?

Nope, the version that we are getting is not capable of aerial refueling.

Some upgraded versions of the F-5 are capable of aerial refueling, like the Brazilian version(F-5EM/FM).

ax6ErBv.jpg

Mission: "To intercept and destroy aircraft and airborne missiles in all weather conditions in order to establish and maintain air superiority in a designated area. To deliver air-to-ground ordnance on time in any weather condition. And to provide tactical reconaissance imagery" - F-14 Tomcat Roll Call

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Just an FYI, it didn't give me the option of using my bonus $ for this purchase.

You will be able to use the bonus money after the sale ends, that's how it always worked.

And you can cover 30% of the purchase with that, so if you have enough bonus points, it's cheaper to wait.

• Like 1

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

Some upgraded versions of the F-5 are capable of aerial refueling, like the Brazilian version(F-5EM/FM).

ax6ErBv.jpg

Thanks! :thumbup:

Hardware: Intel i5 4670K | Zalman NPS9900MAX | GeIL 16GB @1333MHz | Asrock Z97 Pro4 | Sapphire Radeon R9 380X Nitro | Samsung SSDs 840 series 120GB & 250 GB | Samsung HD204UI 2TB | be quiet! Pure Power 530W | Aerocool RS-9 Devil Red | Samsung SyncMaster SA350 24" + ASUS VE198S 19" | Saitek X52 | TrackIR 5 | Thrustmaster MFD Cougar | Speedlink Darksky LED | Razor Diamondback | Razor X-Mat Control | SoundBlaster Tactic 3D Rage ### Software: Windows 10 Pro 64Bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Congratulations! A dream machine!

Two things:

1. Does F-5E feature any automation measures in the control system which is active in normal flight operations, even without the use of AP? Any kind of stabilization, SAS or limiters? Anything along the lines of Su-27 for example?

2. There's a typo in the product descrption:

"Given its mission flexibility, ease of operation, and low cost, the Tiger II has, and continues to server, air forces across the globe."

It appears that F-5E has at least...

DCS World Live Play - F-5E First Look - YouTube

ax6ErBv.jpg

no regular F5Es had the option to be installed to have refueling probes too.

heres a quote from matt.

There were Un-Upgraded F-5Es with Refuling Probes.

It was an Option from the start.

As an example.

Here is a Moroccan F-5E on its way to be Delivered in 1981.

ws08.jpg

And as you can see it has a Refuling Probe.

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

no regular F5Es had the option to be installed to have refueling probes too.

heres a quote from matt.

Maybe they're not actually regular F-5E's, as Matt said, it is an optional when ordering the aircraft.

The version that we are getting(at least for now), is not capable of aerial refueling, just because it doesn't have the refueling probe.

Marroccan F-5E without the refueling probe:

F5_tiger_ll_morocco.jpg

Hopefully in the future, BST will make the refueling probe. :thumbup:

Mission: "To intercept and destroy aircraft and airborne missiles in all weather conditions in order to establish and maintain air superiority in a designated area. To deliver air-to-ground ordnance on time in any weather condition. And to provide tactical reconaissance imagery" - F-14 Tomcat Roll Call

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Maybe they're not actually regular F-5E's, as Matt said, it is an optional when ordering the aircraft.

The version that we are getting(at least for now), is not capable of aerial refueling, just because it doesn't have the refueling probe.

Marroccan F-5E without the refueling probe:

Hopefully in the future, BST will make the refueling probe. :thumbup:

I dontk think you understand what i was saying in the post, or what matt was saying.

i fully understand what model of the F5 we are getting only educating people by y pointing out that F5Es existed with the sort of older gen avoinics like in the E-3 block that we are getting could be optionally ordered with the capability to have aa refeuling prob.e

only wanted to point out, that it is a myth that only modernized F5E like the Brazilian EM had them.

essentially what Matt said.

so realistically only difference would be external refueling probe, and a couple extra switches to operate them.

Edited by Kev2go
  • Like 1

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

I dontk think you understand what i was saying in the post, or what matt was saying.

i fully understand what model of the F5 we are getting only educating people by y pointing out that F5Es existed with the sort of older gen avoinics like in the E-3 block that we are getting could be optionally ordered with the capability to have aa refeuling prob.e

only wanted to point out, that it is a myth that only modernized F5E like the Brazilian EM had them.

essentially what Matt said.

so realistically only difference would be external refueling probe, and a couple extra switches to operate them.

I understand and I agree:), but I never said that only modernized versions have the refueling probe.

BTW, thanks for correcting me!:thumbup::thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 1 month later...

I'd certainly like to see it have the capanility at some point. It adds a great deal to playability as well as making more flexible missions possible.

I like the loadout option to add it as well. Failing that, then an option in the special tab of options would work, or maybe restrict it by nationality - that way we can keep it real for the purists, and still have the probe available?

I'd certainly like to see it have the capanility at some point. It adds a great deal to playability as well as making more flexible missions possible.

I like the loadout option to add it as well. Failing that, then an option in the special tab of options would work, or maybe restrict it by nationality - that way we can keep it real for the purists, and still have the probe available?

You're potentially asking a lot though. It's not just having tickbox for a probe on the external model, it's potentially a second cockpit for the control mechanisms (if it's not already in and just inop), plus programming to support it.

I'm not for or against it, just pointing out it's more than just adding a tick box.

Edited by Buzzles

No denying that Buzzles, but adding the extra switches, and the probe, plus the hidden code for AAR would be well worth the effort.

Naturally, this wouldn't be as big a priority as achieving a full release of the basic module, but in the longer term, I'd say it would definitely enhance the F-5E experience sufficiently to warrant it.

It may generate more sales after all, and that's one of the drivers for module designers I think.