Performance in 2.5 Cacasus map

oho

Vulkan should improve some peak performance, but don't get too big on that, the biggest difference should be where you move your camera around, the FPS shouldn't jump around.

For example you would get 30% more FPS. You need to also count in that the newer maps take some of the performance and turn it into visual fidelity. And you would hold that performance more stable, you won't dip down to 20 FPS if you turn your airplane toward a big enemy base full of ground units. That's how it is suppose to work, if it doesn't, something's wrong with the implementation, not the API.

A lot of active objects will still slow the game down because of the CPU calculations they would require, it's all about physics around here, misslies, radars, etc.

Ground vehicles probably aren't accelerated for physics, if you have a good GPU to handle all those destruction effects, I think you would be able to spam thousands of them without much of a performance difference, they would just scatter a bit, then it would be to how efficient is the scattering AI, how much thinking does the individual vehicle do on the CPU.

Modules: A-10C I/II, F/A-18C, Mig-21Bis, M-2000C, AJS-37, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, P-47, FC3, SC, CA, WW2AP, CE2. Terrains: NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf, Syria

Keeping in view the videos they shared I think it will require 1080ti or 1070 sli to run on high graphic settings. 1070 sli manages well in 2.2 on High settings. should be able to handle 2.5 also. I was able to make sli work in 2.2 and hopefully 2.5 should also work.

Would be careful with regards to SLI predictions. Unlike promised, SLI performance with EDGE is hit or miss for many of us. Right now I'm running much better with a single 980ti than SLI. And yes, I've been trying different graphic profiles for years.

I remain ever hopeful.

Edited by Chic

A Co, 229th AHB, 1st Cav Div

ASUS Prime Z370-A MB, Intel Core i7 8700K 5.0GHz OC'd, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4, 1TB SSD, Win 10

Samsung 65" 4K Curved Display (Oculus Rift occaisionally), Track IR5, VoiceAttack, Baur's BRD-N Cyclic base/Virpil T-50CM Grip, UH-1h Collective by Microhelis & OE-XAM Pedals. JetSeat & SimShaker for Aviators.

JUST CHOPPERS

First off, I'm not running a VR set of any kind here, just a single flat screen. But still...

I wonder what exactly is it that slows some setups to a crawl with just a couple of active units, since they cause no hiccups whatsoever for me - and I'm running, believe it or not, an ancient i7-2600K / GTX980 / Win7 rig here. Both the CPU and the card are overclocked so that of course helps, and I'm using a modded config file set with reduced draw distances too; but still, you'd expect a rig this old not being able to run DCS at all when even the beefiest modern computers seem to struggle. And yet, I'm seeing a constant vsynced 60FPS almost everywhere regardless of how many ground units I've got active!

I'm beginning to think this may be because of how I've configured the OS. Mine has 25 services started at boottime all told and no other background processes whatsoever so it is a slimmish setup indeed, plus all the drivers, DLLs and whatnot are up to date too. So how about looking into that first if you're experiencing problems?

Yeah, I just have a basic i5 (NOT overclocked) and I have never noticed much of a performance difference with AI, Granted thats only ground units and I have a nice GPU (specs in sig). I'm running a single 1080p monitor which may make a big difference.

"Long life It is a waste not to notice that it is not noticed that it is milk in the title." Amazon.co.jp review for milk translated from Japanese

"Amidst the blue skies, A link from past to future. The sheltering wings of the protector..." - ACE COMBAT 4

"Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight"-Psalm 144:1 KJV

i5-4430 at 3.00GHz, 8GB RAM, GTX 1060 FE, Windows 7 x64

Would be careful with regards to SLI predictions. Unlike promised, SLI performance with EDGE is hit or miss for many of us. Right now I'm running much better with a single 980ti than SLI. And yes, I've been trying different graphic profiles for years.

I remain ever hopeful.

I agree but sli is the only hope for many of us. Not everyone can afford 1080 ti. With single 1070 in dcs 2.2, the performance is not acceptable untill graphic settings are turned down. But then whats the use of 2000+ $ machine if it cannot run at high settings. I was one of the few lucky people able to run 1070 sli in DCS which gave me good performance on high settings. lets just hope the same for 2.5. Or may be they will improve the engine to improve perfromance. I have heard the speed tree thing improves performance. lets hope for the best

1st computer was a Radio Shack bought Tandy 20 mz for $3000 iirc to fly Microprose F-19. The game had one graphics option that added a few triangles and lines which brought the computer to a crawl. Took it back and wanted the fastest thing they had, a mighty 25 mz!! The salesmen ask "What the hell do you need all that speed for?"

35 yrs later I can simply look back and we Vet simmers don't need to speculate on what this new version will entail. Yes you can use more speed,more memory and no you will not be able to max it all out and check every box. If a option is added say, squirrels, glass haze shimmer refraction speculative enhancing scratch detail.. You will want to enable it. If that requires a 2080 TI with blue dot 32 g ram, you will get it.

Edited by JIMJAM

• 2 weeks later...
I hope it'll be at least as good as v2.2 NTTR since it runs absolutely great on my oldish rig ;)

I’m keeping everything crossed it’s significantly better. 2.0 is a slideshow with anything more than a few units for me at the mo. Current.y stuck in 1.5.8 as that stills plays nicely with my machine.

Part of me is excited for 2.5, but quite a bit of me is petrified that I might end up grounded until I find the money for a new rig, and that certainly won’t be this year.

Cowboy10uk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fighter pilots make movies, Attack pilots make history, Helicopter pilots make heros.

:pilotfly: Corsair 570x Crystal Case, Intel 8700K O/clocked to 4.8ghz, 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 MHZ Ram, 2 x 1TB M2 drives, 2 x 4TB Hard Drives, Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW, Maximus x Hero MB, H150i Cooler, 6 x Corsair LL120 RGB Fans And a bloody awful Pilot :doh:

1st computer was a Radio Shack bought Tandy 20 mz for $3000 iirc to fly Microprose F-19. The game had one graphics option that added a few triangles and lines which brought the computer to a crawl. Took it back and wanted the fastest thing they had, a mighty 25 mz!! The salesmen ask "What the hell do you need all that speed for?"

35 yrs later I can simply look back and we Vet simmers don't need to speculate on what this new version will entail. Yes you can use more speed,more memory and no you will not be able to max it all out and check every box. If a option is added say, squirrels, glass haze shimmer refraction speculative enhancing scratch detail.. You will want to enable it. If that requires a 2080 TI with blue dot 32 g ram, you will get it.

Ahhh... Memories how a 166Mhz was better than 133Mhz. P3 500Mhz instead p3 450Mhz while 30% more expensive....

33Mhz over 25Mhz...

Now today it is great to play ARMA 2 or Crysis with all maxed out in 4K... fps over 200...

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

Maybe have a look at their website. Seems they've put some work into it.

https://store.speedtree.com/

As Far I Know, Speed Tree name comes that you can quickly fill a scene with random generated trees that look realistic, nothing to do with the rendering speed itself, but randomization and realistic look.

Compare that to old method where every tree was modeled separately, using little different random generation for the branches or angle and then mainly using different size and rotation to generate a "random forest". It was very much time consuming task.

But if you look the current 4-season video that just got released, all trees still look fairly much the same in wide perspective. You get coniferous trees mixed with deciduous trees and all about same height, same color (expect autumn but there as well orange or green) or so.

Would have been nice to see how a different altitude trees grows differently by height and has different season colors as well based the terrain type. In spring all should be that bright green mixture that almost hurts eyes, but later on summer you should see far more variation in the green shades and autum should be more variation in the location.

BUT.... This all still might very well be based to the month chosen for the mission, instead just one of the four seasons, right? Ain't that the idea of the "SpeedTree" technology that you can automatically change the variation, like is the summer time a fifth or seventh month and you can get more yellow than green?

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.