What block number is FC3's F-15C modeled after?

Vampyr

• 3 months later...

I believe the current F15 is a bastard, hope someone can prove the block. I hope ED produces a full version of the F-15C block 86. First day buy. Anyway I would buy all models produced for DCS of the F15, I love this aircraft :joystick: :pilotfly: :)

The current f15 doesn't represent any block. It has tws ('87-'89), 120C5 (2000+) and it's missing basic features from 88 or earlier. So certainly post MSIP II but missing a huge slew of stuff so I wouldn't say it represents any specific block.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

I would like a full DCS F-15 module. I would take any block of any variant A/B/C/D/E. As it stands, I am pretty happy with the FC3 F-15C ever since the flight model was updated. PFMs put the "flight" back in "flight simulator".

But if I could have my way, I would love the early F-15A and early F-15C with turkey feathers. My favorite paint schemes are the original air superiority blue, "Streak Eagle" world record aircraft, and the original compass ghost grey scheme that replaced the air superiority blue with full color national insignia.

Years of reading books and scouring the internet reveal the fact that the F-15A wasn't exactly the wonderplane it was made out to be. Besides the well-known F100 engine problems, the ECM system wasn't ready at delivery, so the F-15A was deployed without RWR. A pilot that flew the F-15A and much preferred the F-16C complained about the original APG-63 not working very well either. But I would balance out the negative press with very well documented performance of the F-15A in Israeli service. They weren't exactly thrilled with AIM-7F performance, but did very well in combat.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]