Ka 50 DCS world install issue

AltFire

I installed DCS world and upgraded to the latest ver 1.5.7. I then installed my CD version of Black Shark 1 and tried to run the BS2 upgrade patch and I get a fail msg saying that this version 1.5.6 upgrade cannot be installed in DCS world 1.5.7 and that I should download the most recent version and try again. I was using the most recent version that I just downloaded from the ED web site.

Any Ideas?

I've seen a number of people here state that they just went ahead and bought the full BS2. But between purchasing BS1 and then the BS2 upgrade I've got over $60 in this game and don't want to push it to 100 by having to buy BS2 again.

Thanks

Edited by AltFire
Issue Resolved

Did you try to install the upgrade on a 1.5.6 version?

Try to install in the following order: BS1 -> DCS World 1.5.6 -> BS2 uograde

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Looking forward to it, Belsimtek!:thumbup:

Did you try to install the upgrade on a 1.5.6 version?
No. When I fired up 1.5.6 for the first time it said "there is an update available do you want to install it?". I hit yes and it installed 1.5.7. I wasn't aware of the conflict or I would have waited.

Try to install in the following order: BS1 -> DCS World 1.5.6 -> BS2 uograde
I was hoping to not have to reinstall the whole thing all over again is there a way to roll DCSW back to 1.5.6 or do I have to wipe it all and start over again?

is there a way to roll DCSW back to 1.5.6 or do I have to wipe it all and start over again?

Yes, you can use the command "DCS_Updater.exe update 1.5.6@release"

here is more info: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=114030

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Well that worked for rolling DCSW back but once I was back to 1.5.6 I discovered that it really wasn't the problem. I was trying to install an older version of the upgrade manually from a link when I should have been using the mod manager. Once I went through the proper steps in the mod manager it went off smoothly without a hitch.

Thanks for the help. Sorry to have wasted your time with my failure to read and follow the directons.

No problem, glad to hear that your Shark is now OK :)

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB