Hello - New to DCS

KorovaMB

I thought I'd take a minute to say hello to the community. I'm new to DCS and just getting used to everything. Other than some World of Warplanes arcade fun, I haven't played a flightsim since back in the CFS/CFS2/CFS3 days. I prefer WWII to modern jets, so that's what I'm focusing on. I bought the four planes, Normandy, and the assets pack during the bundle sale, and I've decided to start with the 109K. I've gotten takeoffs down, getting better with landings, and am working on gunnery. Once I've gotten used to flying this thing, I look forward to seeing some peeps online and shooting them down. :D

Anyways, been learning a lot perusing the forums, so thanks to everyone for their contributions. It's helped me get going with this complicated sim.

• Like 1

Hi KorovaMB and welcome to DCS. Looking forward to meet you in the virtual skies :)

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Welcome to the Farm:clown_2::prop::animals_bunny::rotflmao::puke:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] SMOKE'M:smoke: IF YA GOT'M!:gun_rifle:

H2o Cooler I7 9700k GA 390x MB Win 10 pro

Evga RTX 2070 8Gig DD5

32 Gig Corsair Vengence, 2T SSD.

TM.Warthog:joystick: :punk:, CV-1:matrix:,3x23" monitors, Tm MFD's, Saitek pro rudders wrapped up in 2 sheets of plywood:megalol:

Thanks for the well welcome. I'm definitely looking forward to getting used to playing this. Thus far my biggest hurdle has been me. After playing a lot of games with more "forgiving" flight models, I am now working on avoiding the instinct of yanking hard on the stick. Way too much energy bleed whenever I do.

Hi KorovaMB, Welcome!

Hey, If you need a good guide for almost any aircraft in DCS, be sure to checkout all of Chuck's DCS Tutorial Library PDF downloads. These manuals I highly recommend for getting up to speed quickly or just checking out the other aircraft in DCS, plus YouTube of course.:thumbup:

i7-7700K OC @ 5Ghz | ASUS IX Hero MB | ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX | 32GB Corsair 3000Mhz | Corsair H100i V2 Radiator | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe 500G SSD | Samsung 850 EVO 500G SSD | Corsair HX850i Platinum 850W | Oculus Rift | ASUS PG278Q 27-inch, 2560 x 1440, G-SYNC, 144Hz, 1ms | VKB Gunfighter Pro

Chuck's DCS Tutorial Library

Download PDF Tutorial guides to help get up to speed with aircraft quickly and also great for taking a good look at the aircraft available for DCS before purchasing. Link