Aerobatics used in ww2

KonniRichter

I need help learning aerobatics and fighter tactics which were performed in ww2 by German und Allied fighter pilots. Is there a website with an overview and tutorials to learn and perform them correctly in flight sims?

Perhaps it will be possible somehow to set ai pilots in ME to perform aerobatics in order to learn and clone them. But i think it will not be possible.

Edited by KonniRichter

Checkout the multiplayer servers on 1.5.6 And 2.1.1. Many of them have training, especially if you join a group. I think there might get even be a multiplayer subforum here that has axis or allied groups or squadrons you can join.

Edited by Balzarog

When all else fails, READ THE INSTRUCTIONS!

i-7 8700K Coffee Lake 5 GHz OC CPU, 32GB Corsair 3200 RAM, GTX1080 Ti 11Gb VRAM. Controls - Thrustmaster Warthog H.O.T.A.S., Saitek Pro rudder pedals, TrackIR 5, Oculus Rift S, Rift CV1

Hey KonniRichter, there is actually that -exact- feature available in the ME!

It can be a little buggy, or at least was in the past...but if you create a simple mission with an air start following an AI plane, you'll find the option under advanced waypoint actions. In one of the submenus you'll find "perform aerobatics" and the option to select from a variety of maneuvers.

This combined with a simple one-liner MiST code could easily create a handy practice scenario.

Download this file:

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/mrSkortch/MissionScriptingTools/master/mist_4_3_74.lua

In the ME create two groups; set your starting altitude and airspeed. Name one "client" and the other "demo" for our purposes. Set the "demo" aircraft to perform the desired aerobatic maneuver.

Create a trigger zone on top of your client aircraft. Make the radius small enough that it only encompasses a few hundred meters around your aircraft.

In the trigger menu, create a new trigger:

1 ONCE (load MiST, NO EVENT); no conditions; DO SCRIPT FILE (mist_4_3_74.lua)

This will add the MiST tool to the mission.

Now create another trigger:

Type:

SWITCHED CONDITION (respawn demo, NO EVENT)

Condition:

UNIT INSIDE ZONE (client, triggerzone);

Triggered actions:

DO SCRIPT

mist.respawnGroup('demo', true)

Just copy and paste that line in to the DO SCRIPT box. This will automatically respawn the demonstrator aircraft whenever you exit and rejoin the client aircraft to avoid having to restart the mission every time you want to try again.

Hey KonniRichter, there is actually that -exact- feature available in the ME!

It can be a little buggy, or at least was in the past...but if you create a simple mission with an air start following an AI plane, you'll find the option under advanced waypoint actions. In one of the submenus you'll find "perform aerobatics" and the option to select from a variety of maneuvers.

This combined with a simple one-liner MiST code could easily create a handy practice scenario.

Download this file:

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/mrSkortch/MissionScriptingTools/master/mist_4_3_74.lua

In the ME create two groups; set your starting altitude and airspeed. Name one "client" and the other "demo" for our purposes. Set the "demo" aircraft to perform the desired aerobatic maneuver.

Create a trigger zone on top of your client aircraft. Make the radius small enough that it only encompasses a few hundred meters around your aircraft.

In the trigger menu, create a new trigger:

1 ONCE (load MiST, NO EVENT); no conditions; DO SCRIPT FILE (mist_4_3_74.lua)

This will add the MiST tool to the mission.

Now create another trigger:

Type:

SWITCHED CONDITION (respawn demo, NO EVENT)

Condition:

UNIT INSIDE ZONE (client, triggerzone);

Triggered actions:

DO SCRIPT

mist.respawnGroup('demo', true)

Just copy and paste that line in to the DO SCRIPT box. This will automatically respawn the demonstrator aircraft whenever you exit and rejoin the client aircraft to avoid having to restart the mission every time you want to try again.

Thanks! I did not know that there is a aerobatics task. I tried a simple mission and set an AI plane to follow such a task for waypoint 0 - works perfect! But when i set a waypoint 1 and add only a task for waypoint 1 f.e. an Immelmann, the ai will not perform any aerobatics task at waypoint 1. Where is my fault?

Thanks again!

PS: My timezone is UTC +2 CEST

from original lag 3 manual, some basic aerobatic training usefull in dogfight

aerobaticlagg3.thumb.PNG.947b3d982df0d12f964a1148b73bf281.PNG

i7-10700KF CPU  3.80GHz - 32 GO Ram - - nVidia RTX 2070 -  SSD Samsung EVO with LG  TV screen 40"  in 3840x2150 -  cockpit scale 1:1

- MS FFB2 Joystick  - COUGAR F16 throttle  - Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals