2.1 Axis tune: slider & negative curvature

derodo

I usually fly the 1.5.x, but every now and then I check out the 2.x to see how things are prgressing; so yesterday I tried the last update, and it seems you can't tune an axis as a slider with NEGATIVE curvature.

Is that the way it's going to be? Or is it just a bug? It seems you can only set positive curvature now.

I just recently started assigning the view zoom axis to one of my thumb sliders, and I like to set it up like that, so the neutral position applies a comfortable standard view.

I tried playing with the "custom" tuning, and kind of got it but it's...well...a bit weird.

It seems to work for me in 2.1.x

Which axis are you tuning?

Control is an illusion which usually shatters at the least expected moment.

Gazelle Mini-gun version is endorphins with rotors. See above.

Currently rolling with a Asus Z390 Prime, 9600K, 32GB RAM, SSD, 2080Ti and Windows 10Pro, Rift CV1. bu0836x and Scratch Built Pedals, Collective and Cyclic.

Ok...I checked again after restarting and guess what...it works :/

Now the curvature slider UI reads 0 at its center. But I swear last time I played it read 0 at its leftmost position, so I could only go positive to the right, but neger get below 0.

Well...case closed then. Weird! :)

That's not what I meant. I was referring to the UI slider named "Curvature", whose value normally goes from -100 (left) to +100 (right) regardless of "slider" mode.

When I assigned my HOTAS axis and went into the Axis Tune window, that UI slider only went from 0 (left) to 100 (right).

Anyway, after restarting DCS, everything went back to normal and I was able to set the Curvature to -18 on my axis in "slider" mode so...everything is OK and I'm happy again :)