P51D Videos

JimMack

I admit there is 'something' about the A2A version when you are rolling down the runway. I couldn't put my finger on it but now...will have to pay more attention to the differences.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

• 2 weeks later...

Crosswind on a horse!

Crosswind landing at Tbilisi-Lochini. Yes, I know that it's a horrible approach, but I did land on the runway with both wings staying intact, all three wheels turning and no whip-lash!

(I am no longer affiliated with the 104th. Can't change my user ID yet.)

Edited by 104th_Mac

P9x79 Deluxe, Intel Core i7 3820 OC'd 4.0 GHz stable, Corsair H80 hydro cooler, G-Skill 32 GB DDR3-2133 (4x 8GB), 2x GeForce GTX 680 SLI, Kingston 120 GB SSD, Crucial 256 GB SSD, CoolMaster 1.2 kW PSU, Samsung 27", Samsung 24", Dynex 40", APC 1200 UPS, Logitech G-15, Logitech G-13, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, Logitech Z5000, TrackIR 4, Western Digital 1TB, 2TB and 3TB ext HD, FC2, A-10c, Ka-50, and P-51d.

A climbing flat spin!

I have no idea how to get the YouTube video here so I'll just add the link to it.

It's short, but sweet, eh?

Edited by 104th_Mac

P9x79 Deluxe, Intel Core i7 3820 OC'd 4.0 GHz stable, Corsair H80 hydro cooler, G-Skill 32 GB DDR3-2133 (4x 8GB), 2x GeForce GTX 680 SLI, Kingston 120 GB SSD, Crucial 256 GB SSD, CoolMaster 1.2 kW PSU, Samsung 27", Samsung 24", Dynex 40", APC 1200 UPS, Logitech G-15, Logitech G-13, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, Logitech Z5000, TrackIR 4, Western Digital 1TB, 2TB and 3TB ext HD, FC2, A-10c, Ka-50, and P-51d.

I have no idea how to get the YouTube video here so I'll just add the link to it.

It's short, but sweet, eh?

To embed to forum

In advanced mode, click youtube and put watch=XXXXXXXXXXXX&

in between.

So in your case,

c3UX_ZCe0w0

between youtube brackets

EDIT: could you post a cockpit video of that? PLEASE?

Edited by WildBillKelsoe

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

@WildBillKelsoe,

Sorry, but I have deleted the track. However, I did fly it again and made some different views for you.

Thanks for the help with YouTube posts!

[YOUTUBE]watch=tBn0YQCDdCo&[/YOUTUBE]

I put in XXXXXXXwatch=tBn0YQCDdCo&XXXXXXX where the XXXXXX is the front and back of the YouTube brackets but it's not coming out right...

Edited by 104th_Mac

This is Mac's vid -

Mac - It's just the bit after the = sign that you paste between the bracketed youtubes, so to speak. That's a nice move by the way:)

I've been playing around editing some views together - first time I've played with making a 'movie'. Not the most exciting vid and both some dodgy flying and some dodgy editing but hey ho - it's all good fun.

I used a bombimg practise trk - it's a bit more interesting than the circuit test movie I did. I think I've worked out how to at least scare the enemy with bombs:music_whistling:

Love my landing - boomps a daisy!

I think it was a beautiful landing because it vividly shows the flight physics. As for the pylons, I thought I was going to get dizzy after the first couple of barrel rolls. Tighten your "coil" and you can get every pylon!

The thing that hit me most was the graphics of the plane. Soooooooo danged realistic!

Test post: YouTube video of a snap roll.

Did it work?

YES, I GOT IT! :doh:

Thanks, guys!

Edited by 104th_Mac
'Cause I'm classified as an ID-10t.

Thank you for the cockpit view. Keep them coming!:thumbup:

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

looks like youtubes playback is not working again seems to just hang and stop hang and stop....

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

love your vids mac, had no idea one could push the bird that far.(and expect a positive reaction) im flabergasted at the reality of it to be honest. usually these things fall apart in sim world.

so how good is it? does this go to show that some real modern aerobatic based planes could have a place in DCS with a very decent FM ? somebody, for the love of flightsims, wheres my pitts ?

Edited by Ali Fish

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

after you've flown a training mission is the track stored anywhere at all? just did my best ever landing and ran out of fuel half way through my roll out. I hope i don't need to get down to fumes every time i wanna land:)

hi pixel, i believe that single player tracks have to be manually saved, but those that are server derived, be it client of server are stored in your peronal files dcs folder.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I think it was a beautiful landing because it vividly shows the flight physics. As for the pylons, I thought I was going to get dizzy after the first couple of barrel rolls. Tighten your "coil" and you can get every pylon!

The thing that hit me most was the graphics of the plane. Soooooooo danged realistic!

Cheers Mac,

Yep it certainly showed off the physics model as I skipped down the strip.

Yeah the model is pretty awesome isn't it - I may go as far as to say beautiful - and the bombs up close have amazing texturing - gloss finish with scratches - you can't see it the my vid cos it's in the shade and I hadn't looked that closely b4.

Liking the snap roll and the flat spins - that snap roll looks evil from a ride comfort point of view:) Gotta have a light breakfast to do that one.

Will try tightening up the barrel and see if I can do a roll/pylon ratio of 1:1:)

... somebody, for the love of flightsims, wheres my pitts ?

I've seen the Pitts Special do some really powerful things. Yeah, a Pitts would be great. Where would you put the 30mm GAU 8 on it? Radar would be cool, too.

I was watching Bob Hoover's P-51 stuff as well as his beloved Aero Commander. Wouldn't the Aero be great in DCS just as a civvy? Heck, why can't we kick MSFSX off the Earth with DCS World! I sure hope ED will try it. They are the ones to do it!

Ah well.... dreams.

If you have ever watched Hoover's P-51 flights on YT, have you noticed that he never stays negative G for long? Can't do it in my P-51 either. "Motor need gas.":joystick:

It's a small dream of mine to make an Extra 330S, Edge 540 or MXS-RH someday. DCS-level competition freestyle aerobatics anyone?! With the AFM prop effects modeling like on the P-51 it would be so amazing.

i7 7700K | 32GB RAM | GTX 1080Ti | Rift CV1 | TM Warthog | Win 10

"There will always be people with a false sense of entitlement.

You can want it, you can ask for it, but you don't automatically deserve it. "

My last flight and video before a two week trip to China. Just sit back, relax, turn up the volume and ENJOY! :)

Pilots: Rob "Rock" Brindley in lead, Julian "SkyHawk" Tirazona on left wing and slot

Repaints: Sweet and Lovely by FCS_Heater, Little Ite by VH-Rock

Recording and Editing Software: FRAPS & Sony Vegas

Music: The Who - Baba O' Riley (Instrumental)

Edited by VH-SkyHawk

very nice video.

Good Job SKyHawk ;)

Simulatori: DCS A-10C II Warthog - DCS F/A-18C Hornet - DCS F-16C - VRS F/A-18E - 
HOTAS: TM Warthog - Cougar \ HP Reverb G2 \ WinWing Panels

Tally: I see the degenerate commie who wants to ruin our day.

Skyhawk, that was beautiful. Too bad you V Horsemen are just three. I'd love to fly and learn with you guys. But, since I can't I am very very happy to just watch you and try to emulate your moves!

Cheers