ILS Question

Delareon

F-16.net will have all info regarding F-16, but we are derailing this bad, sorry guys. Can help myself. Apologies.

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

This comparison is somewhat disturbing.

Both planes are designed for different purposes.

Can the F-16 be refuled hot to minimize down times if needed?

Yes it can, and is done all the time.

• Like 1

Twitch Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Z390 Aorus Xtreme, i9 9900k, G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB, 1080ti 11GB, Obutto R3Volution, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, TPR, Cougar MFDs, FSSB R3L, JetSeat, Oculus Rift S, Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC, F/A-18C UFC, Tek Creations F-16 ICP

My Theory is that this Plane is not as specialized in AG as it could be and also that its not very convenient to not have ILS bars in the HUD.

I guess I get the point. I sure wouldn't mind an IFR rated HUD, including ILS bars. But after doing some training missions in absurdly bad weather, I think there's nothing missing really.

Basically, this isn't a topic that belongs to the DCS part of the forum IMO. It would be better suited in the Military and Aviation subforum.

As for its A/G capabilities, the A-10 wasn't built as an all weather & night capable attacker. The hard work of many service members and contractors gave the aircraft these capabilities later on. With the mission requirements from OEF and OIF, finding targets on its own in bad weather simply wasn't a priority.

IIRC there was a podcast with an A-10C pilot who said a radar pod would be the best possible upgrade to the aircraft, while another A-10C pilot said in an interview that a radar wouldn't make any sense at all. It's simply a matter of perspective and expectations.

With the Air Force's continued effort to get rid of the A-10 entirely, I guess the fact that it's still in active duty speaks for itself. :smartass:

Old video by Gerry Abbott that's still good, try it out for some practice and some fun!

"Demonstrates the ILS/TCN system for use in cases of low visibility. No use of the cdu, INS or the HUD is made, and focus is soley on analog instruments."

i7-7700K OC @ 5Ghz | ASUS IX Hero MB | ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX | 32GB Corsair 3000Mhz | Corsair H100i V2 Radiator | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe 500G SSD | Samsung 850 EVO 500G SSD | Corsair HX850i Platinum 850W | Oculus Rift | ASUS PG278Q 27-inch, 2560 x 1440, G-SYNC, 144Hz, 1ms | VKB Gunfighter Pro

Chuck's DCS Tutorial Library

Download PDF Tutorial guides to help get up to speed with aircraft quickly and also great for taking a good look at the aircraft available for DCS before purchasing. Link