MiG-21 1.5.4 Major Upgrade & Changelog

Cobra847

Dear All,

With 1.5.4, we will be launching two major improvements to the MiG-21.

We have more improvements lined up for the MiG-21, including bugfixes and visual improvements.

These will be detailed at a later time.

Flight Model

In order to ensure accurate and realistic flight performance, we've spent a lot of time and focus on tweaking the MiG-21s' flight model in all flight regimes.

With the unique position of our lead FM programmer being an active duty MiG-21bis pilot; we were able to take more real-time telemetry and video data from several recent training flights.

Such data is invaluable to us, and serves to further help with verifying subjective pilot/programmer feeling.

More overt changes will likely be most easily recognized in the critical and supercritical flight regimes,

where the aircraft now performs more to what you'd expect (and also more reminiscent of one of our earlier revisions).

There are, however, significant changes across all performance and flight parameters.

We look forward to you flying the MiG-21 and providing feedback where applicable!

Cockpit Night Lighting

While we have several more, significant, visual improvements pending implementation (and backporting) to the MiG-21bis; we will begin by re-implementing the night flood lighting.

These lights will have a performance impact pending upgrades to the core engine.

The lights will not be available in 1.5.4 Open BETA. They will be made available in 1.5.4 Release.

CockpitLighting1_thumb.jpgCockpitLighting2_thumb.jpg

CockpitLighting3_thumb.jpgCockpitLighting4_thumb.jpg

Full changelog:

MiG-21 Changelog 1.5.4

• Added red cockpit lighting*

• Added right side white panel spotlight*

• Corrected several Z-Fighting issues in cockpit artwork*

• Added missing glow on several switches and levers*

• New major Flight Model update & revision

Adjusted critical & supercritical flight envelope

Adjusted acceleration

FM now more closely matches performance data

• Corrected several SAU stabilization issues

• Tweaked SAU for FM changes

• Fixed intermittent cockpit shake (2.0.X & 1.5.4 bug)

• Completely overhauled RP-22 Sapphire radar logic and raycasting

• Corrected several issues with radar indication and targeting

• Corrected erroneously wide IR missile FoV

*Will be available in 1.5.4 Release

Thanks for your support!

LS

Nicholas Dackard

Founder & Lead Artist

Heatblur Simulations

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thx Cobra !

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

lol every time i start to get used to how things are with the mig-21, they change again, keeps me on my toes...

but if the choice is between knowing how the plane is currently modled, and having the plane modled more accurately, I'll choose more accuracy every time.

My youtube channel Remember: the fun is in the fight, not the kill, so say NO! to the AIM-120.

System specs:ROG Maximus XI Hero, Intel I9 9900K, 32GB 3200MHz ram, EVGA 1080ti FTW3, Samsung 970 EVO 1TB NVME, 27" Samsung SA350 1080p, 27" BenQ GW2765HT 1440p, ASUS ROG PG278Q 1440p G-SYNC

Controls: Saitekt rudder pedals,Virpil MongoosT50 throttle, warBRD base, CM2 stick, TrackIR 5+pro clip, WMR VR headset.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Awesome, looking forward to this.

i5/9600K wc, Z390XP, 32Gb/DDR4, 1080ti wc, 850 Evo SSD, TMWH, DSD FLT1, ORs.

A10C, UH1, MI8, BF109K4, SA342M, L39C, M2000C, Mig21BIS, Mig15, F86, C101, Hawk, F-14, F-5E, Spitfire MkIX, AV8B N/A, FA-18C, P51-D, Yak 52, Mig19p, F-16C, JF-17 OPF, Red Flag2, MusRel, BnboB, Tbs, TEW 3.0, TTQ, MI8 OFC, SC.

That's great news! Thank you very much LNS! :thumbup:

To me, it is as important that you keep working on "old" modules (as far as necessary) as the development of new ones. So I'm really happy about these news :)

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Nice! Thanks alot!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"Your eyes only see what your mind is ready to comprehend"

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Asus Z170 Pro Gaming - Intel I7-6700K - 16GB DDR4 @ 2400MHz HyperX Savage - Strix GTX 960 DC II 2GB OC Edition - Seagate 1TB

High quality stuff by LN!! Looking forward to fly this baby!

Intel i7 12700k / Corsair H150i Elite Capellix / Asus TUF Z690 Wifi D4 / Corsair Dominator 32GB 3200Mhz / Corsair HW1000W / 1x Samsung SSD 970 Evo Plus 500Gb + 1 Corsair MP600 1TB / ASUS ROG Strix RTX 3080 OC V2 / Fractal Design Meshify 2 / HOTAS Warthog / TFRP Rudder / TrackIR 5 / Dell U2515h 25" Monitor 1440p

after three weeks without updates 1.5.4 will be packed with fixes and stuff all over... so much to try, so little time! looking forward to spending more time with the mig21 again, i wonder if the random aso-2 problems were finally sorted out (the bug report was reopenend on the tracker).

Great news and great job! I've just recently got the Mig-21 but it's quickly becoming one of my favorite modules. I don't want to sound like a noob but thanks to the fact that it doesn't have the it HUD the "side effect" is learning to fly by instruments.

F/A-18, F-16, F-14, M-2000C, A-10C, AV-8B, AJS-37 Viggen, F-5E-3, F-86F, MiG-21bis, MiG-15bis, L-39 Albatros, C-101 Aviojet, P-51D, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Bf 109 4-K, UH-1H, Mi-8, Ka-50, NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf... and not enough time to fully enjoy it all