Mi-8 Multicrew.

we have to ask this question, when they do the merge... i heard that there was limitations with the current engine.. once 2.5 comes out.. alot more features be incorporated

Multi-crew seems to work in other modules in the current engine.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

• 1 month later...
I'd love to see this feature soon.

Well Justin Case you missed it there was an announcement on this a few weeks ago I think!

------------

3080Ti, i5- 13600k 32GB  VIVE index, VKB peddals, HOTAS VPC MONGOOSE, WARTHOG throttle, BKicker,

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

With the Hind on the way, you’d think that multi-crew would be considered quite important

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

• 1 month later...

There are still some switch shared switch limitations, but especially when sling loading a human spotter would be extremely valuable. The gazelle had to basically divide the cockpit to get everything to work, and there are still some persistent bugs being stamped out.

Polychop pulled support for the gazelle's multicrew. Apparently it's broken.

That is not accurate. They removed some multicrew functionality, so aside from the M variant, in all other models the copilot cannot fly the helo, just control the radios and the nav system (and of course being another pair of eyes.

Flying the M model is fun in multicrew, with the pilot in charge of flying and the copilot in charge of the comms, navigation and missile. I really hope they give multicrew to the Hind as well.

In the Mi-8, well, it could be fun but I don't see it very important, since the copilot aside from using the nav and bombs doesn't have any other "fun thing" to do.

And don't get me started with the flight engineer :lol: Sure the REAL thing is different, but in the game the different tasks are more limited.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Gaz multi crew is sadly very bugged as I have found in MP

I pilot, spool up engine ready to take off, my friend in co-pilot seat seeing not rotors even moving :mad:

Would love multi crew in mi-8, would be epic

METAR weather for DCS World missions

Guide to help out new DCS MOOSE Users -> HERE

Havoc Company Dedicated server info Connect IP: 94.23.215.203

SRS enabled - freqs - Main = 243, A2A = 244, A2G = 245

Please contact me HERE if you have any server feedback or METAR issues/requests

• 3 weeks later...

They really do need to make this work, because it will multiply the number of people buying modules quite a bit.

Helicopters are harder to learn and master in DCS than fixed wing AC.

If you could have someone in the cockpit talking you through doing stuff, e.g. "you're about to hit VRS, start pulling some collective, NOW."

It would make learning so much easier and more realistic. This will attract more people to the experience.

Banner EDForum2020.jpg

Have fun. Don't suck. Kill bad guys. 👍

https://discord.gg/blacksharkden/

• 3 weeks later...
because it will multiply the number of people buying modules quite a bit.

Not necessarily, given that the vast majority do SP only. According to statistics, multiplayers are a small minority of the total in any gaming genre. Not saying that they shouldn't do this though and I'd certainly use it with my buddies too, but the SP contingent is the majority still and that is where the money is.

The DCS Mi-8MTV2. The best aviational BBW experience you could ever dream of.