Free face tracking - No lamps, reflexes or anything - that WORKS!

What do you have to do to get this working in A10? Trackirfixer doesn't work. Is PPjoy still the only way? because that way is a pain since they don't have a signed driver for win7 64.

Sorry if this was allready covered but 13 pages is alot to go through.

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Petition?

Hello Fly-boys and girls!

I've been receiving some questions about using FaceTrackNoIR with A-10C.

The problems you all experience are caused by the fact that NaturalPoint has somehow persuaded the developers of DCS to not implement the TrackIR 4 protocol?!

I think that smells like monopoly :(.

I have not read the entire thread so I don't know, but: has anyone of you ever tried to do what the ArmA-users did? They raised a petition, to convince the developers of Bohemia to implement the FreeTrack protocol in their software. Guess that if you all join forces, the DCS devs might do the same?

Good Luck! :pilotfly:

I hope to create the trackir fixer for 64 bit. http://naturalpointofview.blogspot.com/p/trackirfixer.html

How can contact them?

There is a lot of interesting stuff on the website you linked. Thanks for that!

I still think positive action towards the game-developers is 'the way to go' in the end. It's very easy for them to implement a second interface, next to the 'monopolized' one...

:joystick:

I hope to try a good solution for DCS A10C. In the link the trackirfixer fix only in 32 bit. I hope for 64 bit version fixer. I use your program in 32 bit and works very good. But the DCS A10C run in 64 bit for problem in 32.

Good job for facetracknoir. It's the future.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

If you guys could tell me how you got IPP to work becuse no matter what i do i just cant get IPP to install correctley i am using Win 7 x64 and CPU's i5

i tried using the cmd line to install didnt do much and installing the faceAPI had no effect either.

Hi Speedhack,

The old version of faceAPI in FaceTrackNoIR 1.5 does not support new CPU's like the i5 or i7. The next version of FaceTrackNoIR will have the latest version (some alpha-testers have already confirmed that it works). Check out the news-page.

Hi,

I have tried setting everything you have suggested...however, in DCS A-10, when I try to assign axis and move my head nothing happens. Facetracknoir shows that my camera is tracking my head in the built in display of the program.

Can someone suggest how to fix this?

thanks,

v

Instructions for 64Bit version of Windows 7 Home Premium

1-Install PPjoy 0.8.4.6 as shown at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ScuYfagMixU but do not deactivate Windows Test Mode or you won't be able to run and configure PPJoy.

2-In PPJoy create a virtual joystick and set it like this:

ppjoy1.jpg ppjoy2.jpg ppjoy3.jpg

3-Close PPJoy and deactivate Windows Test Mode. Reboot and you shouldn't see the Test Mode watermark anymore.

dseo.jpg

4-Install the faceAPI

5-Install FaceTrackNoIR v130 and Update4. Ste "Face API" as Tracker Source and "Virtual Joystick" as Game protocol.

Check the "Invert" fields as shown, don't pay attention to the numeric values now.

ftnoir.jpg

6-Start DCS A-10C and you should see the new joystick.

CLEAR every field in PPjoy column and set the axis as shown here:

a10ce.jpg

At this point you can use your head. :)

Tip: to tweak your settings, run A-10C in a window, not full screen.

This way it is easier to change the settings in FaceTrackNoIR while you fly.

I hope this can help! :joystick:

WHISPR | Intel I7 5930K | Nvidia GTX980 4GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR4 | Intel 730 series 512GB SSD | Thrustmaster WARTHOG | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR4 pro |

|A-10C|BS2 |CA|P-51 MUSTANG|UH-1H HUEY|MI-8 MTV2 |FC3|F5E|M2000C|AJS-37|FW190|BF 109K|Mig21|A-10:SSC,EWC|L-39|NEVADA|

Hello. I have the Facetrack program. I have the webcam, and I have downloaded a lot of different software to help, with no joy. Can someone please point me in the right direction?

1. I'm trying to get Facetrack to work with Flaming Cliffs 2.

2. I am using Windows 7 64bit

3. The options screen that Daniel posted up on FC2 is different than mine. I only have System/Controls/Gameplay tabs at the top, and the absolute views look to be only usable with TrackIr.

gallery_8_48_28305.jpg

492nd Squadron CO (F-15E): JTF-111 -  Discord Link

OK i bought ps3eye,installed it yesterday and........OMG its working, smooth no problem!!!!!

Thanks for this thread, i am owner of trackir4 with trackclip but now i dont need it anymore!!!!

trackir for sale here :-)

thanks again.

P.S. ps3eye works on 50hz and eats 9% of my cpu (4GHz i7 930)

[sigpic][/sigpic]

MB MSI x570 Prestige Creation, RYzen 9 3900X, 32 Gb Ram 3333MHz, cooler Dark rock PRO 4, eVGA 1080Ti, 32 inch BenQ 32011pt, saitek X52Pro, HP Reverb, win 10 64bit

Quick guide fo those who want to try it:

1.buy ps3eye camera(can do 60hz at 640*480) its very cheap

2.install ps3eye drivers: CL-Eye-Driver-4.0.2.1017 and then plug camera in usb

3.install FaceTrackingAPI_NC-V3.2.6(you need to register at their website to be able to download)

4.install FaceTrackNoIR_Release_V130 and then v150 update (you have to overwrite update v150 into installed v130 directory, it has no installer!!!)

5.create cleye.config file and put it in facetracknoir directory (C:\Program Files (x86)\Abbequerque Inc\FaceTrackNoIR) ( this will enable 50hz on ps3eye camera)

6.execute facetracknoir and in game protocol choose faketrackir (for rise of flight, cliifs of dover, BS) and in tracker source press start(now the camera will detect your face)

7.run the game you wish to play

[sigpic][/sigpic]

MB MSI x570 Prestige Creation, RYzen 9 3900X, 32 Gb Ram 3333MHz, cooler Dark rock PRO 4, eVGA 1080Ti, 32 inch BenQ 32011pt, saitek X52Pro, HP Reverb, win 10 64bit

OK i bought ps3eye,installed it yesterday and........OMG its working, smooth no problem!!!!!

Thanks for this thread, i am owner of trackir4 with trackclip but now i dont need it anymore!!!!

trackir for sale here :-)

thanks again.

P.S. ps3eye works on 50hz and eats 9% of my cpu (4GHz i7 930)

You own also Track IR and can compare the two:

You would say the quality is the same (smoothness)?

Can you also use 6 DOF?

It would be nice if there was a video on PS3EYE face tracking, to see the quality.

Thanks

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, MSI MEG X570 UNIFY (AM4, AMD X570, ATX), Noctua NH-DH14, EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti XC3 ULTRA, Seasonic Focus PX (850W), Kingston HyperX 240GB, Samsung 970 EVO Plus (1000GB, M.2 2280), 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo DDR4-3600 DIMM CL16, Cooler Master 932 HAF, Samsung Odyssey G5; 34", Win 10 X64 Pro, Track IR, TM Warthog, TM MFDs, Saitek Pro Flight Rudders

I own trackir4 with clip and i must say that i like facetrack much more, no need to have anything on my head.

Smoothnes is really good , you just have to adjust settings that suit you perfectly.

6dof, only problem is with zooming this doesnt work that great, everything other works fine.

here are sample videos with facetrack

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTcQEhppeZI

cleye.config is easy to create here is the way:

Create a file called cleye.config in the program-folder of FaceTrackNoIR (the one with with the .EXE in it);

Enter this text in the file and save it:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<cleye>

<item name="mode" value="advanced" />

</cleye>

Edited by jctrnacty

[sigpic][/sigpic]

cleye.config is easy to create here is the way:

Create a file called cleye.config in the program-folder of FaceTrackNoIR (the one with with the .EXE in it);

Enter this text in the file and save it:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<cleye>

<item name="mode" value="advanced" />

</cleye>

Thanks, that worked great. Now if I can only get this thing to work in FC2 in Win7 64x lol.

492nd Squadron CO (F-15E): JTF-111 -  Discord Link

Hi,

I have tried setting everything you have suggested...however, in DCS A-10, when I try to assign axis and move my head nothing happens. Facetracknoir shows that my camera is tracking my head in the built in display of the program.

Can someone suggest how to fix this?

thanks,

v

Hi Witchking,

you have to check if Windows can see your movements.

First of all, start FaceTrackNoIR, set "Smoothing" to 1, disable "Use EWMA filtering" and check if everything is working within the following window. Move your head and see what happens to the cross and bars. Then calibrate the virtual joystick (yes, your head... :lol:) and try again with the simulator.

pp1x.jpg 52578016.jpg

Let me know, bye.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

OS: Windows 10 Pro 64Bit - CPU: Intel Core i7-9700K - MB: Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero - RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB DDR4 3200 - GPU: Nvidia GeForce RTX2080ti

Controllers: Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals

Head tracking: FaceTrackNOIR+FreeTrack 3 Points Cap

VR headset: VALVE Index

Quick guide fo those who want to try it:

1.buy ps3eye camera(can do 60hz at 640*480) its very cheap

2.install ps3eye drivers: CL-Eye-Driver-4.0.2.1017 and then plug camera in usb

3.install FaceTrackingAPI_NC-V3.2.6(you need to register at their website to be able to download)

4.install FaceTrackNoIR_Release_V130 and then v150 update (you have to overwrite update v150 into installed v130 directory, it has no installer!!!)

5.create cleye.config file and put it in facetracknoir directory (C:\Program Files (x86)\Abbequerque Inc\FaceTrackNoIR) ( this will enable 50hz on ps3eye camera)

6.execute facetracknoir and in game protocol choose faketrackir (for rise of flight, cliifs of dover, BS) and in tracker source press start(now the camera will detect your face)

7.run the game you wish to play

Quick dumb question: I did all the above, but in DCS A10C my head movements is not moving my view at all. Is there a "step 8" that is assumed? Maybe this PPJoy deal? I am running Win7 64bit and I have read that causes some issues as well. Any help is appreciated.

~Thump.

Computer Specs:

i7-6700K@4.00GHz, 32GB, 850 EVO 1TB, GTX 1080 Ti, Samsung Odyssey VR

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Quick dumb question: I did all the above, but in DCS A10C my head movements is not moving my view at all. Is there a "step 8" that is assumed? Maybe this PPJoy deal? I am running Win7 64bit and I have read that causes some issues as well. Any help is appreciated.

Yes, youre right, in dcs a-10 you have to use ppjoy it doesnt work with faketrack. here is the compatibility list. At least i anticipate you are using 64 bit version.

http://facetracknoir.sourceforge.net/compatibility/games.htm

Edited by jctrnacty

[sigpic][/sigpic]

Hi

Ive recently bought a webcam logitech Pro 9000 and attempted to get FaceTrackNoIR set up. I am running the 64 bit version of the game so installed ppjoy as per the youtube video. When i disable test mode after installing it I can no longer run PPJoy up again and get the error

"cannot open the ppjoy device driver. please install ppjoybus.sys first"

Also I have installed FaceTrackNOIR, and the head tracking demo 6.2 to get the right IPP pack, however when i select start Face API in FaceTraceNoIR it crashes with "failed to initialize APIScope: Unspecified error"

Im unsure if there problems are related but any insight into how to get ppjoy to work properly and how to finalize FaceTrack for my system would be hugely appreciated.

Thanks