Would you buy a paid upgrade for Huey?

ebabil

Would you buy a paid upgrade for Huey?  

147 members have voted

1. 1. Would you buy a paid upgrade for Huey?

• Yes
    • No

I would like know how many of us are willing to pay for a paid upgrade for our 7 years old huey.

* Cockpit textures

* 3D Model textures

* Other variants like B or D or maybe even Y!

* Other capabilities like bambi bucket, rescue vinch etc

* New weapons

I can surely pay for any upgrades above all.

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

For a Twin Huey or Venom? Absolutely.

For a reskin/refresh only? That would not be in line with the pattern we're seeing from ED for the Ka-50 and A-10C

So i'm posting this instead of replying to the poll...

i7 9700k | GTX 1080 | 32 gb | X55 + ProFlight pedals | TrackIR | Win10

Caucasus | Nevada | Persian Gulf | Normandy | Channel | Syria

A-10C | AV-8B | F/A-18C | F-16C | UH-1H | SA342 | Mi8 | Ka50 | FC3 | CA | SC | Kiowa

I guess if it’s along the lines of what ED are doing a the moment - free upgraded model and textures (which are really showing their age (especially the cockpit textures and those awful external light reflections) and then paid airframe upgrade, then yes I would.

Love my Huey.

MSI M5 z270 | Intel i5 7600k (OC) 4.8GHz | MSI GTX1080ti Gaming X 11Gb | 500gb Samsung 970 Evo NVME M.2 (DCS World) | 500gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD (OS and Apps) | 32Gb 2400MHz DDR4 - Crucial Ballistix | Be Quiet Silent Loop 240mm | NZXT H440 case |

Thrustmaster Warthog - 47608 with Virpil Mongoose joystick base | MFG Crosswinds - 1241 | Westland Lynx collective with Bodnar X board | Pilot's seat from ZH832 Merlin | JetSeat | Oculus Rift S | Windows 10 | VA |

Not until what was promised for the huey is released for it. I want what I paid for first

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

Acer predator laptop/ i7 7720, 2.4ghz, 32 gb ddr4 ram, 500gb ssd,1tb hdd,nvidia 1080 8gb vram

New FlightSim Blog at https://blackeysblog.wordpress.com. Go visit it and leave me feedback and or comments so I can make it better. A new post every Friday.

I didin't add multicrew becasue it is coming for free and they say it is now in testing.

I just want more stuff because huey is one of the most popular helicopter in the world and i think it is also very popular in dcs

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

Question...Would you buy a paid upgrade for Huey?

My answer to this,strangely enough is no.....how many times do we have to pay to get a module corrected to a standard of perfection,to where it should be anyway?......As I was lead to believe,certain promises were made regarding this module,these have not been addressed and need to be addressed asap.Many of us purchased this module after reading and believing these promises would be forthcoming.....they have not.

So,I would say,devs.....you've had our money,now sort the blessed thing out.

Many of us are fed up with these half baked WIP modules,or as I refer to them as...WIP experiments.They are nothing more than money spinners,they get released far too early,come with all manner of bugs,glitches,fantastic promises,and then,when the dust has settled,and the novelty has worn off,the updates suddenly dry up completely,to make more time available for the next fashionable module,that's taken the devs fancy.

If the price of these incomplete WIP modules/WIP experiments reflected their poor standard,this argument wouldn't arise....but they're not,they are expensive,and we,the customers expect a little more respect.

I appreciate not all the WIP modules fall into this catergory of poor standard,but there are many that do,just read the bug reports.

I would also go further,those customers that purchased that thing,called the Hawk,I'm not going to refer to it as a module should have received a refund,no question.The way those Hawk customers was treated was an outrage.

I'm sorry if my words might upset the snowflakes amongst us,but honestly,the said question just beggars belief.

Edited by Basco1

Chillblast Fusion Cirrus 2 FS Pc/Intel Core i7-7700K Kaby Lake CPU/Gigabyte Nvidia GTX 1070 G1 8GB/Seagate 2TB FireCuda SSHD/16GB DDR4 2133MHz Memory/Asus STRIX Z270F Gaming Motherboard/Corsair Hydro Series H80i GT Liquid Cooler/TM Warthog with MFG 10cm Extension/WINWING Orion Rudder Pedals (With Damper Edition)/TrackiR5/Windows 11 Home

Non o not to pick on you but it isn’t complete we haven’t received multicrew yet iirc it’s the only two pilot aircraft that doesn’t have it. I’m sure if we look at the list of features released when it was we will find other features lacking. Why am I so ardently opposedto a new pay version because imo I haven’t received what I paid for the first time. A different model huey especially a modern one would be nice but I’d prefer the original huey complete before a second one is released for more money and I’m not sure if I would go the early release route again on the huey so it would have to be complete before I would think about it. Also I’d prefer a h-60 over a second huey.

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

Acer predator laptop/ i7 7720, 2.4ghz, 32 gb ddr4 ram, 500gb ssd,1tb hdd,nvidia 1080 8gb vram

New FlightSim Blog at https://blackeysblog.wordpress.com. Go visit it and leave me feedback and or comments so I can make it better. A new post every Friday.

Ka-29 to build the complete Russian helicopter force, KA-50, Mi-8, Mi-24 and KA-29.

But for blufor the UH-1 is mainly for cold war Vietnam era, when there are more others to complete their force.

The UH-1H is already excellent in features, if it just would get the multicrew for machine guns, but even more important is actually infantry simulation!

We do not even use workers at this moment correctly as we do not have infantry! There DCS needs to get now the infantry modeled, pairs, teams, squads, platoons and companies.

Have the vehicles to support those, transport those and supply them. That is reason to have rockets and bombs and all other in battlefield. It means AT pairs with RPG and ATGM. It means sniper teams, AA teams, recon teams etc. All kind infantry that does all the heavy work in advancements and defence.

And that is where UH-1H shines, transport troops across battlefield, rescue downed pilots, supply troops, cover colonnas, transport recon and sniper teams. And suddenly all the needs for more advanced helicopters go almost completely away.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

Much, much rather get more helos. Huey is ina pretty good state, rather than a (in my opinion fairly unneeded) paid upgrade, I'd like to see few remaining kinks ironed out.

Besides, UH-1Y wouldn't be paid upgrade to UH-1H module, it'd be whole another full price module by itself.

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script

The UH-1H is already excellent in features, if it just would get the multicrew for machine guns, but even more important is actually infantry simulation!

We do not even use workers at this moment correctly as we do not have infantry! There DCS needs to get now the infantry modeled, pairs, teams, squads, platoons and companies.

Have the vehicles to support those, transport those and supply them. That is reason to have rockets and bombs and all other in battlefield. It means AT pairs with RPG and ATGM. It means sniper teams, AA teams, recon teams etc. All kind infantry that does all the heavy work in advancements and defence.

And that is where UH-1H shines, transport troops across battlefield, rescue downed pilots, supply troops, cover colonnas, transport recon and sniper teams. And suddenly all the needs for more advanced helicopters go almost completely away.

+1

Besides, UH-1Y wouldn't be paid upgrade to UH-1H module, it'd be whole another full price module by itself.

Yep, and at that point there's reams of other helos to do instead. Not sure if they can do Sikorsky helis ( someone mentioned licensing issues ) but there's other Bell, at least half a dozen European heli builders with a mountain of product and more Russian ones that all have unique places in the game.

Upgrading old modules still makes money - it's not like people aren't buying modules still, just because we have them doesn't mean everyone does. If there's a little polishing work done & it looks modern & shiny, it can pull in more sales. Someone will have done the maths for the Ka-50 & the A-10 & decided it's worth it, I've no doubt it'll be ongoing for other older modules too.

Most Wanted: the angry Naval Lynx | Seafire | Buccaneer | Hawker Hunter | Hawker Tempest/Sea Fury | Su-17/22 | rough strip rearming / construction

The problem with this poll in my opinion is that the original post asks in a simple yes/no anything from changing the dashboard textures to introducing a significantly different Huey variant.

I agree with the point made earlier in the thread of not paying any money for features that have been long promised or fixes to bugs just because these bugs have been around for so long.

The right question would have been: do you prefer from "none" to "only cockpit textures" upgrade for free or a more complete rework (whatever it means - from a new 3d model and a few systems to a completely new suite) for some sort of fee? I would have answered "take my money".

Don't pay for something you already own!

For a Twin Huey or Venom? Absolutely.

For a reskin/refresh only? That would not be in line with the pattern we're seeing from ED for the Ka-50 and A-10C

So i'm posting this instead of replying to the poll...

I'm wondering how many of the "YES" votes are actually for just simple skin and texture upgrades?

@Wakeshift, I Couldn't have said it better! But still, vote in the Poll so your vote is counted...and to all, whether you post comments or not, please vote.

Continued development and improvements of existing platforms should be included with the original price of the module...unless we have the option at the beginning to purchase the "Extended Warranty Program" which is usually not needed with most purchases. Once we own a module, further superficial advancement of that product should be included.

Huey Venom would be great, but also all the H-60 variants would be awesome too!

Here's my favorite helicopter:

https://defpost.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/HH-60-Pave-Hawk-in-Afghanistan-e1521697733812.jpg

Edited by =JUICE=

"There are only two types of aircraft, Fighters and Targets." Doyle "Wahoo" Nicholson

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I'd pay for an upgrade at any time. For Huey and most other modules I got.

The Huey was completed like years ago, and kept up to date and working in all versions of DCS since then. Yeah, it never got multicrew, but it seems that this was more difficult to code than ED had thought. And maybe the demand for multicrew (and multiplayer as a whole) was lower than they had expected.

Look how AAA publishers handle stuff. They release a 'new' version every year or two, and just stop supporting the old ones and all the DLC ppl bought for 100 bucks+.

They gotta make some money to keep the company running. For me, it would be fine if they released less new EA modules and instead put more focus on improving old stuff, even if they charged us for that.

So the UH-1H Variant of the Huey that I own in DCS wasn't complete? I'm still waiting for the updates to the Hornet and Viper so I hope in a few years, they don't want to sell me upgrades for those when they will still be the same variant and block models...and say they upgrade the F-16C from the block 50 to the block 52...I wouldn't expect to pay for that either.

"There are only two types of aircraft, Fighters and Targets." Doyle "Wahoo" Nicholson

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Huey Release Date

I’m still waiting for multi-crew.....this is why I bought it.....so no.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Be sure to Vote!

DCS: UH-1H Huey Aircraft Utility helicopter 1967 Belsimtek 19 April 2013 Released Professional Advanced

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Back in July 96 I got to ride on a h-60 from holloman afb Nm to sd and back the next day. On the trip up we stopped for fuel at great falls iirc then by my Rushmore at sunset the the af base there then next morning out by my Rushmore and crazy horse monument then to the usaf academy for a display before heading home to nm.

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB