VAICOM PRO plugin for VoiceAttack

Hollywood_315

ok now Im getting it. Vaicom is basically an app that runs inside of Voice attack. If you use that directory that ob check box connects it to the beta........DoHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Thanks all now I have to figure out how to use this.

Correct!

We'll be here, so just ask!

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

hi everyone, so many people still seem to have problems getting VAICOMPRO to run correctly...

if i updated DCS from 2.5.5x to 2.5.6x today, updated VAICOMPRO to the latest, and followed the manual by the letter, would it work, or are there some additional special steps to follow?

thanks.

Like @Lt_Jaeger says. READ the manual. It's easier to get it then.

Also track back this thread 2-4 weeks. That will also help.

And really, you're not to worry.

It will NOT break DCS, it's never a VAICOM, probel, it's changed in DCS.

IF DCS won't start. Just do not start Voice Attack, or choose another VA profile than VAICOM.

I bought vaicom,but it stopped dcs at 10% loading. Please fix it. I notice that some guys have same problem with me.
Read the manual, and track back the posts here for 2-3 weeks.

But you can try to manually set the path to Open Beta first. See @gunterlund21's screen shot a couple of posts back.

Hi Guys,

I'm still confused about this, if i want to add an extra voice command like "Show Map" do i add this command in Vaicom Control Panel with Keyword Editor or in the Voiceattack Vaicom profile? The interaction between Vaicom and Voiceattack still confuses me :doh:

Thanks!

As someone mentioned before, if you want to add extra voice commands in addition to VAICOM, make a new profile and add the commands to that. In addition, in the VAICOM profile, you need to enable an option to use commands from other profiles, and then select that other profile. That way, VAICOM will use the commands from your other profile even when it's running.

Not at my computer now, so I can't remember the name of the option, but I believe from the VAICOM modify profile window, you press the "Options" button and need to enable it in that window.

Also, you all know that Bailey has one of the more extensive sets of Voice Attack profiles that are pretty sophisticated, right?

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=242416

Hi There,

Previously I used Voice Attack using one single profile for everything. Now I installed Vaicom, and it will apparently use his new .vap profile all the time by default. If I also want to use the commands from my old profile, what should I do? That old profile was always listening, I didn't have to use any PTT button to say VA commands...

Thanks

Little headsup guys!

Updated today, and of course blinking F menus were back.

Closed DCS, manually selected OB path in the VAICOM control panel again, restarted VA, started DCS.

No more "blinking" menus.

This is a step I've been doing for the past 6 months. Works every time!

Cheers!

Hey all, been a while since I have used my VoiceAttack, had to build a whole new PC. So here I am. No aircraft seems to popup in the plugin (L+Alt,Ctrl), C. I don't have the F16 or the F18 showing on the PTT screen, and Easy Communications is showing OFF despite everything being turned to easy.

Now for the stable version I blew out my motherboard on my previous rig, I had the stable version on a seperate gaming drive so just migrated it and it worked. So haven't done anything with that, I may need a reg key I guess but I did that off the VoiceAttack site already.

ASUS ROG Strix Helios Case - ASUS AM4 ROG Strix X-570E MB - AMD Ryzen 5 3600 - 64 GB DDR4 3200 G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series - ASUS DualGeForce GTX 1070 - SSD 2x 1TB - HDD 10 TB - Windows 10 Home -

Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS - Thrustmaster TPR Pedels - TrackIR

Will Viacom be updated with and for the new carrier module?
Hey man! You came!

Only @Hollywood_315 can answer that. But like I said, it's a check box, currently unavailable, in the control panel.

My guess is a big YEAH!!

Hey all, been a while since I have used my VoiceAttack, had to build a whole new PC. So here I am. No aircraft seems to popup in the plugin (L+Alt,Ctrl), C. I don't have the F16 or the F18 showing on the PTT screen, and Easy Communications is showing OFF despite everything being turned to easy.

Now for the stable version I blew out my motherboard on my previous rig, I had the stable version on a seperate gaming drive so just migrated it and it worked. So haven't done anything with that, I may need a reg key I guess but I did that off the VoiceAttack site already.

We'll work this out. You on stable or OB now?

Im on OB now. No modules show up on the PTT screen. The config currently is using my PB path and the box is checked/verified. I have tried the FAQ, removed the export lua and restarted VA and still nothing in both OB and stable versions. Easy Comms seem to go on and off at its own will. I have been through the manual with no luck yet. I am also having the blinking menu. I have followed the video and made sure my custom path was correct and it is, albeit I do not have a 2.5 folder for OB as the video stated. I'm at a loss now, been trying to get this for hours now. :(

Oh, also I have the ever favorite "Nahimic app detected. This may cause conflicts with VA" message. I have disabled the option as I read in a steam area, I don't use steam though. I have no idea what software I have that would be using this.

Edited by CHSStarKiller

ASUS ROG Strix Helios Case - ASUS AM4 ROG Strix X-570E MB - AMD Ryzen 5 3600 - 64 GB DDR4 3200 G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series - ASUS DualGeForce GTX 1070 - SSD 2x 1TB - HDD 10 TB - Windows 10 Home -

Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS - Thrustmaster TPR Pedels - TrackIR

Hey guys. Just updated to latest viacom. Now, when I press the PTT button, this horrible chime sounds. How do I get rrid of that? Hate it.
Apart from the annoying sounds. Does it work?

There's oprions to disable confirmation cues in the VAICOM control panel.

Cheers!

Edited by MAXsenna

Im on OB now. No modules show up on the PTT screen. The config currently is using my PB path and the box is checked/verified. I have tried the FAQ, removed the export lua and restarted VA and still nothing in both OB and stable versions. Easy Comms seem to go on and off at its own will. I have been through the manual with no luck yet. I am also having the blinking menu. I have followed the video and made sure my custom path was correct and it is, albeit I do not have a 2.5 folder for OB as the video stated. I'm at a loss now, been trying to get this for hours now. :(

Oh, also I have the ever favorite "Nahimic app detected. This may cause conflicts with VA" message. I have disabled the option as I read in a steam area, I don't use steam though. I have no idea what software I have that would be using this.

Hmmm that's seems bad.

Did you close DCS, then choose the manual path to OB, and then restart VA before starting DCS again?

I have to do this after EVERY DCS update.

You've got SRS installed?

Yes MAX, works great. I like having the cues but just want to get rid of the new chime when you first press the PTT. Very annoying. Thanks.
I'm being silly.

You don't mean the squelch sound, right?

That one is VAICOM.

The other sounds are Voice Attack. Turn off "notification sounds" under VA settings.

Hello Gents,

in the VAICOM manual commands list I did not find any A-10C Navigation commands (Anchor here, Go to my Waypoint, Go to my SPI, Return to Base and so on). Are those really not in?

Break, Break

After installing VAICOM, my Warthog Throttle MIC button "Push Center" press is assigned to the VAICOM Chatter on/off function. I will want to activate Chatter later, but I will not want to switch it on ar off with the MIC "center" push, because I want to keep the VR zoom function assigned to that.

How can I free up my MIC button's "center push" from the Chatter on/off VAICOM function?

With VAICOM on, I hear TX clicks when pressing the top row numeric keys. Can I take that off those keys?

Sorry for the rookie questions.

The "chime" is supposed to tell you that SRS/VC can now hear you when you are using VOIP integration. However it seems to play as soon as you press PTT if VOIP integration is disabled. I would characterize this as a bug.

To work around, make sure you have "Sound Notification" unchecked in the VOIP integration section of the MP tab of the configuration window. The sound will play if the box is checked even if VOIP integration is disabled. But you have to enable VOIP integration to uncheck the box. (You can disable it again afterwards.) That solved the problem for me after I decided to stop using VOIP integration.

Hey guys. Just updated to latest viacom. Now, when I press the PTT button, this horrible chime sounds. How do I get rrid of that? Hate it.

I'm Softball on Multiplayer. NZXT Player Three Prime, i9-13900K@3.00GHz, 64GB DDR5, Win 11 Home, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4090 24GB, TrackIR 5, VKB Gunfighter III with MCG Ultimate grip, VKB STECS Standard Throttle, CH Pro pedals

Hello Gents,

in the VAICOM manual commands list I did not find any A-10C Navigation commands (Anchor here, Go to my Waypoint, Go to my SPI, Return to Base and so on). Are those really not in?

Break, Break

After installing VAICOM, my Warthog Throttle MIC button "Push Center" press is assigned to the VAICOM Chatter on/off function. I will want to activate Chatter later, but I will not want to switch it on ar off with the MIC "center" push, because I want to keep the VR zoom function assigned to that.

How can I free up my MIC button's "center push" from the Chatter on/off VAICOM function?

With VAICOM on, I hear TX clicks when pressing the top row numeric keys. Can I take that off those keys?

Sorry for the rookie questions.

It's easy. Just say "chatter" to turn on/off.

Config Menu Won't Open

I can't get the configuration menu to open. I use the leftCntrl + leftAlt +C and it doesn't work anymore. I have scripts enable in VA. I checked the key commands and it is correct. It used to work but doesn't know for some reason. I deleted the export.lua file but it had no effect. I have the pro version of vaicom and the chatter and AIO packs.