Merge for the Cure - A COVID19 Relief Charity Event

M0ltar

Fp8xdRg.png

GKi07GR.png

MERGE FOR THE CURE - STARTING MAY 9, 2020

WITH SPECIAL GUEST COMMENTATOR FIGHTER PILOT PODCASTS VINCENT AIELLO, CALLSIGN "JELL-O"

qCBtGOj.png

SIGN-UP STATUS: OPEN (CLOSE MAY 6, 2020)

WHAT IS MERGE FOR THE CURE

DCS World Events and Fighter Pilot Podcast, in conjunction with our awesome sponsors, DSD Designs, Heatblur, Eagle Dynamics, Thrustmaster, Polychop, Wild Weasel Apparel, and Foxx Mount are proud to announce MERGE FOR THE CURE. MERGE FOR THE CURE is an event dedicated to the merge and BFM with a special dedication to taking it to COVID19. COVID19 has caused major strife around the world and I believe that we, the DCS World community, can help make a difference. If you would like to help make a difference, go donate to the charity of your choice and take to the skies to duke it out in the Merge for the Cure.

SPECIAL GUEST COMMENTATOR - FIGHTER PILOT PODCASTS VINCENT AIELLO

I will be joined at various times during Merge for the Cure by by the man behind Fighter Pilot Podcast, Vincent Aiello, callsign "Jell-O" and possibly other FPP hosts and guests. Vincent retired from the Navy in 2017 after serving the United States flying the F/A-18 Hornet and Super Hornet, F-16 Fighting Falcon, and the A-4 Skyhawk and will help in providing real world analysis to our virtual flying.

SCHEDULE

The schedule for matches, including times, will be finalized once signups have closed and can be found at Splash One Gaming website. Merge for the Cure is set to start May 9th, 2020 at 1700z and will be run for 2-3 consecutive weekends depending on player numbers. Therefore, please expect if you keep winning to fly a couple weekends in a row and as we get closer to finals time to also fly more matches per day of competition. To check what Zulu time is for you, see here.

TIMETABLE AND INITIALS

- APRIL 1, 2020 - MERGE FOR THE CURE signups open.

- MAY 6, 2020 - MERGE FOR THE CURE signups close.

- Brackets will depend on the number of individuals at signup.

- MAY 9, 2020 - Possible opening days. Will be dictated by number of signups. Matches kick off at 1700z.

- I will try to stream as many matches as I can. The number I stream will be greatly dependent on the number of signups and our guest commentators availability. All match results will be track-able on Splash One Gaming and ED forum thread.

- Future DCS modules will be included in the tournament automatically.

PRIZES

1st - Thrustmaster Hornet Grip, DSD FLT2 Button Box, Foxx Mount Stick Mount, Eagle Dynamics Module, Wild Weasel Apparel Shirt, and Polychop Kiowa Module

2nd - Eagle Dynamics Module, Wild Weasel Apparel Shirt, and Polychop Kiowa Module

3rd - Eagle Dynamics Module, Wild Weasel Apparel Shirt, and Polychop Kiowa Module

Stream Viewers - Viewers will have the chance to win 1 of 4 Heatblur Modules that will be given away live during streams at random times throughout the event.

Edited by M0ltar