My feelings about this mod...

Alfredson007

I must say, i love DCS. Not one module has dissapointed me and L-39 is yet again a great one. I have Mig-21 that is crazy fun, extreme, ballsy, I have the spitfire, that is challenging and lively, but i wanted something simple and down to earth too. L39 is that. Wow.

At first i thought... can this really be so slippery? And i thought... the elevator trim is quite "useless", i just tap it and i really don't need that THAT much. The great thing about L39 is that youtube is full of cockpit videos and every single one seems to confirm that DCS L39 behaves exactly as it should. It seems to be slippery, and pilots just taps the trim every now and then, and almost disregard the trim apart from takeoff/approach.

There's only one little gripe... weather effects.. i find only the Spitfire to be a plane that truly rocks about in severe turbulence. Mig-21 etc are heavy, fast planes with great high loading, but light slowish plane like L-39 should be more lively in turbulence?

So thanks for the Devs for yet again great module, thanks for the knot/feet cockpit version too.

BTW. Where can i find alternative cockpit skins for this great bird?

Great module indeed. As for cockpit skins, have you tried her in 2.1 yet? I always thought the 1.5 pit looked washed out and "plasticy" lol but launching it in 2.1 I don't even feel the need for an alternative skin anymore. Looks absolutely amazing!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]1000 miles of road will take you around town, a 1000 feet of runway can take you around the world...unless your in a Huey, you can go anywhere with no runway in a Huey!

multiplayer name ''DustOff=3=6''

Great module indeed. As for cockpit skins, have you tried her in 2.1 yet? I always thought the 1.5 pit looked washed out and "plasticy" lol but launching it in 2.1 I don't even feel the need for an alternative skin anymore. Looks absolutely amazing!

I haven't! I haven't installed 2.1 ... i'm kind of waiting for the 1.5 and 2.0 to merge up.. good to know tho! I mean the current cockpit is not bad but it's not as "wow" as Spit or Mig.. or even F-86

• 4 weeks later...

I like the L-39 very much, I'm now rediscovering the virtues of light attack with the L-39ZA (which is actually used in combat in this role) - what I like most is how easy it manoeuvres, it just flies anywhere you point it to, and turns very tight!

I'm a little disappointed with the speed though, it flies quite slow honestly. It climbs easily, but slowly too. It's strange: it easily keeps altitude when turning, compared with aircraft like the SU-25T which just fall from the sky like a brick, it really keeps its altitude very well, even while it slows down substantially.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I love te L39 too, i got it on a sale thinking "ok ill try it" and fell in love wit it, its easy to fly but still has a learning curve, its great!!

One thig i have to admit is i love strafing with PK-3 ( i think they are called) on all pilons.... the noise and the spray is INCREDIBLE! its almost (I SAID ALMOST) as good as the A10's Brrrty!!