New Installer painfully slow

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Open Beta.

if you guys cant handle some hiccups, then wait for release.

I thought during a beta people were allowed to comment on things they think are either wrong or not working, suitable etc?

Is that not the case?

• Like 1

And lo, Reverend Vegas did say "Take forth unto the infidel the mighty GAU 8 and expend its holy 30MM so that freedom will be brung upon them who knoweth not the joys of BBBBBBBRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRTTTTTTTTTT"

"Amen"

I think everybody understood the issues on release, including me. But coming home from work, with the intent to some flight time, seeing "Oh there s a new update, nice" just to be confronted with the fact a small 1.2 GB, wich has been downloaded in minutes for years now without any issues, is now downloaded with 6 kb/ s for what "reasons", I tend to assume its for saving up traffic?. That is just slightly annoying. And I m trying to be kind.

i7-6700K / Msi Z170 Board / Kingston 32GB DDR4 / Msi GeForce GTX 980 4G / BQ STRAIGHT POWER 10 CM 700W / Fractal Define R5 Black / Alpenföhn "Brocken 2" / Samsung m2 980 Pro 1TB/ WD Blue 2TB / Windows 10 Pro

I think everybody understood the issues on release, including me. But coming home from work, with the intent to some flight time, seeing "Oh there s a new update, nice" just to be confronted with the fact a small 1.2 GB, wich has been downloaded in minutes for years now without any issues, is now downloaded with 6 kb/ s for what "reasons", I tend to assume its for saving up traffic?. That is just slightly annoying. And I m trying to be kind.

This.

• ED Team

The reasons would be a better, faster update experience, its not working, so I would expect them to change it. They appreciate feedback, but only if its respectful and constructive... if you are 'annoyed' chances are you should take a breath before typing in a response.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

I had 0.0 Kbps download for awhile. while uploading at .6 mbps. I'm 1/5th of the way there now going at barely better than dial up speeds. I'm sorry you hate paying for bandwidth for downloads, but this is in absolutely no way a better experience for your customers.

If you want fast downloads without having to pay for it directly and save us all a headache in the process:

Ditch starforce DRM in favor of Steam DRM.

Use Steam as your soul distributor

2 birds with one stone. We're happy, you're happy, everyone's happy.

That is a bad option, you depleted all costumers was purchase yours keys outside of Steam. Actualy Steam dont accept none key purchase out our system.

That is a bad option, you depleted all costumers was purchase yours keys outside of Steam. Actualy Steam dont accept none key purchase out our system.

Steam didn't want to do rolling periodic imports of keys; I'm quite sure a giant one (last) time import could be arranged... if not, then yes, it would be a bad idea.

Initially when 1.5 open beta was released, their servers (or maybe upload capacity) couldn't deal with all the traffic so they had to temporarily shut down updates.

Not to mention people started hammering servers with checking for updates in continuous loop.

That is effectively creating situation similar to denial of service attacks which is not cool..

"I would have written a shorter post, but I did not have the time."

Sith it is alright saying if you don't like it don't use it but I paid $50 for a module that only works on 1.5. So I an others have paid to use the OB and so have the right voice our concerns, issues and grievance surely?

Edited by Jacks

System Specs: i7 8700k @ 5.0GHz (not delidded), ASRock Extreme4 Z370 MOBO, EVGA GTX 1080 SC 8GB, 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200MHz DDR4 RAM, Samsung Evo 240GB SSD, Samsung Evo 500GB SSD, 1TB HDD, Noctura NH-D15S Heat Sink, Acer VE278H 27" 1080p Monitor, Ocukus Rift CV1.

Controllers: TrackIR 5, Thrustmaster HOTAS X, Saitek Throttle Quadrant (with DIY removable collective mod), Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals.

Just trying to keep my number of takeoffs and landings equal!

Steam didn't want to do rolling periodic imports of keys; I'm quite sure a giant one (last) time import could be arranged... if not, then yes, it would be a bad idea.

Steam had to do those imports manually (since they were not Steam generated keys) and they were not getting any portion of those sales that happened outside of Steam. I can understand that they did not want to continue with it.

"I would have written a shorter post, but I did not have the time."

The reasons would be a better, faster update experience, its not working, so I would expect them to change it. They appreciate feedback, but only if its respectful and constructive... if you are 'annoyed' chances are you should take a breath before typing in a response.

Its all good. I am concentrating on the other side of the medal. The download is so slow, I can easily stream on 4k in the meantime. This wasnt possible untill now. So a step forward was made. Thanks

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9300 mit Tapatalk

• Like 1

i7-6700K / Msi Z170 Board / Kingston 32GB DDR4 / Msi GeForce GTX 980 4G / BQ STRAIGHT POWER 10 CM 700W / Fractal Define R5 Black / Alpenföhn "Brocken 2" / Samsung m2 980 Pro 1TB/ WD Blue 2TB / Windows 10 Pro

Lucky you...

yeahsure.PNG

AMD R7 5800X3D | Aorus B550 Pro | 32GB DDR4-3600 | RTX 4080 | VKB MGC Pro Gunfighter Mk III + Thustmaster TWCS + VKB T-Rudder Mk4 | HP Reverb G2

FC3 | A-10C II | Ка-50 | P-51 | UH-1 | Ми-8 | F-86F | МиГ-21 | FW-190 | МиГ-15 | Л-39 | Bf 109 | M-2000C | F-5 | Spitfire | AJS-37 | AV-8B | F/A-18C | Як-52 | F-14 | F-16 | Ми-24 | AH-64

NTTR | Normandy | Gulf | Syria | Supercarrier |

I can confirm the very slow download. Between 50-100kb/s. :helpsmilie:

Edit:

I cancelled and restarted and have the old downloader back at normal speeds.

That made it for me as well, thanks Blooze.

Edited by xoxen
Checked out Blooze´s trick!

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, MSI MPG X570 Gaming Plus, 64GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600 CL16, Asus TUF Gaming RTX 4080 OC, Windows 10 64bit Home Premium, TrackIR 5 with TrackClip: Pro!, Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base + TM Warthog Stick + 7cm extension + WINWING Orion 2 with F-15EX grips, Cougar MFDs with 8" displays, Saitek Rudder Pedals, Samsung Odyssey G9 49" 5120x1440 @120 Hz