2016 - A Year in Review

Ells228

Thanks for the update and your work over the year!

Although I'm not really interested in the P-40 itself as an aircraft, it looks like it becomes a really interesting DCS module. The work on the internal systems (e.g. hydraulics) and making the aircraft feel alive sounds promising for sure.

And thanks for the small note on the Tiffy, glad to hear that work continious. I'm looking forward to seeing more of this bird in 2017 :)

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

• 5 weeks later...
I don't want to make new threads all the time, so a question: What's the ETA for January Monthly news?
I also would like some news on all the bugs you guys been working on for nearly a year of more.. TC
  • Like 1

Win 10 Pro 64bit | Half X F/T Case | Corsair 1200AT ps | Asus ROG Maximums XIII Extreme | I9 11900K Clocked@4200 | Nepton 240 W/C | 64GB DDR4-3600 Gskill Mem | Asus 3080 gpu/8gb | SB-Z audio | Asus 32" 1440 Monitor | Winwing Super Tauras/Super Libra | Crosswind R/P | Track-ir-5 |

I don't want to make new threads all the time, so a question: What's the ETA for January Monthly news?

It wont be before the weekend. Chris and I are tied up on other bits for the moment.

We may get something out next week.

I also would like some news on all the bugs you guys been working on for nearly a year of more.. TC

Keep an eye on our updates and patch notes for updates on progress reports

Pman

• Like 1

As I posted before TC some things will have to wait for the re-code as they can't be fixed with the current code the old programmer made and the changes to DCS over the years..

Some things are easy wins and will be coming out over the next few patches, these are mainly below.

Here is what's on my To-Do list right now for Hawk, in no particular order:

NTTR ILS & TACAN stations.

Normandy ILS & TACAN - if runway still exists in current time and has implemented??

Nav radio system tied to sim, not navdata - re-code.

Parking brake new 3D model and function.

Rear HUD glass implementation.

Rear seat snap views.

Multiplayer dual control for rear seat - re-code.

Front cockpit lighting enhancement.

External model lighting enhancements (land/taxi lights, nav and strobe to new effects) - fix AI lighting issue and general FPS for players.

Cockpit glass shading update.

Altimeter roll over from 9000 to 10000ft

NavEx missions to be added for Caucasus and NTTR.

Updated keybindings.

Sidewinder tone fix.

Sidewinder tone volume control.

UHF Radio fix, and pre-set's.

High memory consumption.

Pylons are displayed after stopping the aircraft in the parking lot.

Taxi, take-off, circuit and landing training missions to be completed.

Mission voice-overs to be completed.

HSI topple on Cold Start.

Investigate phantom bomb 's showing on the racks - ongoing.

Aden gunpod sound no longer working with a recent sim update - logged with ED.

Flickering nosewheel when using rudder (not castering).

Nav lights still showing with wing missing.

Damage flight model - sim not passing values to EFM that wing etc is missing.

Oxy system not functioning past 23000ft.

Sight control panel implementation - re-code.

Cockpit re-skin.

Hope that clarifies a little for you :)

Cheers,

Chris.

I've had a personal issue to deal with the past couple of weeks so not had time to work on anything.

I'll be cracking on next week with the lighting and other easy-win bits.

Then Pete, Mike and I are at Cosford for a couple of days (research trip) and I'll be back on stuff after that.

So yeah I'd say with the next batches of DCS (after these ones) there should be more updates in there.

My main focus at the moment is FPS in-cockpit.

Just a tiny bit late, out of nothing and updates are nice.. (and nobody is hurt if you skip it a month in 2017)

I want VEAO commercially to be sucsesfull beyond 2017, the Spitfire (and the Harrier would have) fit the curriculum. I hope the Typhoon kicks bud this year and they register the Lancaster for DCS.

Happy new year to the VEAO team

:yay:

Hey Guys, I've been dealing with a major personal issue past couple of weeks that has taken up all of my time, so not had time to really work on anything or post an update.

I'll be back on things next week.

Cheers,

Chris.

Thanks for letting us know. Indeed, real life is more important, so take your time and take care :)

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg