DCSFlightpanels (DCSFP) thread. Saitek Pro Flight Panels & DCS

ArturDCS

I'm a USER!!

@ArturDCS....Ive been wondering if there was going to come a time when you my poke back in the forums for flight panels. Im still using mine to date and can say that i still love the app. It would be great if more of the modules available were included but completely understand, the lack of compensation would drive me away as well. I will tell you that there are many of my Squad mates that use Saitek panels with flight panels and i dont here any complaints from them at all. Just wanted to let you know that what you and pdmarsh have created has made an impact on the DCS community.

Win 10 Pro - Intel I7 12700k@4.9ghz water cooled - ASUS TUF Z690 -EVGA RTX 3080 12G Hybrid - EVGA 1000W PSU - 32GB 3200 G-Skill XMP- Reverb G2 -Custom mip and side panels - Leo Bodnar  BBI32x2, BBI64x4 - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM Cougar MFD's x 3 - TM TPR pedals

@Brk195 -- Let's make sure DCS-BIOS is in the right folder. Here is the proper folder structure:

Saved Games/DCS/Scripts/DCS-BIOS (see screen shot below)

dcs-bios.jpg

Also, make sure the Export.lua file is in the "Saved Games/DCS/Scripts" folder with this line added:

dofile(lfs.writedir()..[[scripts\DCS-BIOS\BIOS.lua]])

If all of this is correct and things still don't work, I would reinstall the Saitek drivers and try again. I know that's the standard response, but it is still worth a try. At this point, I am running out of ideas on things to check.

Actually, it's worth noting one other thing. DCS-BIOS will not work in multi-player sessions unless data export is enabled by the host. If you are not in single-player mode, that could be the problem, although I have a feeling you are in single-player mode.

Paul

Edited by pdmarsh

Hello.

I'm sure I installed DCS bios correctly but I will check again once I'm on my computer.

Also Can you please point me towards where to get up to date drivers for the saitek panels.

I got one I'm using now from some random download website because I couldn't find an official source

Thank you

Hello.

I'm sure I installed DCS bios correctly but I will check again once I'm on my computer.

Also Can you please point me towards where to get up to date drivers for the saitek panels.

I got one I'm using now from some random download website because I couldn't find an official source

Thank you

Before you do anything else you have to have the wheel spinning in Flightpanels, this shows you that data is being sent from DCS-BIOS. No data, no worky-worky.

I am a bit confused by Logitech's support page. They don't specifically call out drivers for the Saitek panels, but they do show drivers for the Saitek Flight Instrument Panels (FIPs). I would download the test software from the link below and run that. If nothing else, you can test the Radio and Multi Panels to see if they are working. This test software might install drivers as well, but I don't know.

Download Page

http://support.logitech.com/en_us/product/flight-sim-cockpit-radio-panel/downloads

Paul

Before you do anything else you have to have the wheel spinning in Flightpanels, this shows you that data is being sent from DCS-BIOS. No data, no worky-worky.

Hello.

as I stated in a previous post the wheel is not spinning at all.

Also I rechecked my DCS BIOS installation and everything seems to be where it needs to be.

I am a bit confused by Logitech's support page. They don't specifically call out drivers for the Saitek panels, but they do show drivers for the Saitek Flight Instrument Panels (FIPs). I would download the test software from the link below and run that. If nothing else, you can test the Radio and Multi Panels to see if they are working. This test software might install drivers as well, but I don't know.Paul

I can confirm that my flight panels are working, they work just fine with xplane 11. Also I already have the test software from logitech.

I will download the FIP drivers and see what that does.

Edited by Brk195

I can confirm that my flight panels are working, they work just fine with xplane 11. Also I already have the test software from logitech.

It seem pretty clear that for some reason DCS World and DCS-BIOS are not communicating. I'm grasping at straws, but let's try this. Go into Multiplayer mode and click on "New Server" and then on "Advanced." Make sure that all of the exports are enabled--there are three. Click "OK" and close DCS altogether. Restart and retest. This really shouldn't matter for single player, but it might kick something lose.

I very much doubt this next thing is the problem, but I have three versions of DCS running on my PC. Make sure DCS-BIOS and Export.lua are in the version you are testing with. Again, grasping at straws.

Paul

did all of those sadly nothing. Thank you very much for your help and time I appreciate it greatly it seems like as you said something is preventing communication.

I'm happy with the keyboard emulation for now maybe I can figure out something later.

I've been having the same problem with the CDU Ipad app maybe it's something I'm missing with the firewall or the export.lua itself If I find anything I will update you.

Thanks again

If you give me a bit of time, I will help with this,

I think we can get you up and running!

First question,

OS version, Flight panels program version, Saitek driver version.

Second question,

Installation path of EACH of the second two programs above.

If memory serves correctly, the Saitek drivers have two directory's.

I need to check this.

It has been a while since I have looked at this.

I remember the first time I tried to set this up was frustrating!

Lets see if we can get you sorted.

Hawkeye

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."

Check your Windows firewall.

First time you started a DCS mission you should have received the dialog asking whether DCS can communicate on private networks. You should allow that.

Looking in your Windows firewall, do you see entries for "DCS"? If so, does it say "Allow"? If not, easiest way is to delete the two "DCS" entries. Close DCS (the game/program), restart it and start a new mission. You should then receive the dialog prompting for communication in private networks.

The same goes for Flightpanels, allow it to communicate on private networks.

dcs_firewall.jpg.59131961a4a6df712010466d40014450.jpg

firewall.thumb.jpg.9c529a45e4aa0b2efcd73114ab7b21fd.jpg

Edited by ArturDCS
grammar

@ArturDCS....Ive been wondering if there was going to come a time when you my poke back in the forums for flight panels. Im still using mine to date and can say that i still love the app. It would be great if more of the modules available were included but completely understand, the lack of compensation would drive me away as well. I will tell you that there are many of my Squad mates that use Saitek panels with flight panels and i dont here any complaints from them at all. Just wanted to let you know that what you and pdmarsh have created has made an impact on the DCS community.

Well great to hear that. You might wanna tell those mates to check into this thread now and then to help out those that needs help getting it working. :smilewink:

Let's see where this goes. Nothing can be added to Flightpanels until it is added & working in DCS-BIOS. I've started looking into how the process works using the Mi-8 which I already own.

Hello Again.

Good news I've got everything working. After wasting allot of time with the firewall trying to figure out what might be going wrong with that.

I ran out of ideas and I went back to my exports.lua file and simply took the line for DCS BIOS and copied it to the top of Exports.lua instead of the very bottom and it decided to work.

the wheel is spinning and DCS BIOS commands are working now.

I hope that helps someone in the future

I remember having this issue with some other program.

The order of the entries does make a difference.

Great find!

Should be added to the install instructions.

I would be willing to help do a re-write of the install set-up if we can get another airframe working.

I looked into what this would take.

From what I understand, It is not difficult to do.

But it is time consuming.

There is lots of help available in the DCS Bios forum.

I have never dabbled in this stuff before.

I would need to learn it and I must also understand the why.

Need input! LOL!

It would take me some time..............

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."

I am trying out Patreon, see if I can get some monetary support for Flightpanels this way. :-)

What is this exactly?

I have not heard of it.

What is this exactly?

I have not heard of it.

Basically a way for people creating things for the web to get paid for it. So you can register and via Patreon pay for creators of Youtube content, software and music and what not.

This way I hope to get enough money to buy me a proper computer, perhaps even a cyclic & collective. Have to try at least, the hours spent on all this is significant and at some point it feels like it would be nice to get some $ for it all.

edit:

yes you can get pron via Patreon, if that is what you were wondering. ;)

Edited by ArturDCS

I am fully behind you and will support this as best I can.

You should be compensated for your work.

Similar to Starways donation page.

If everyone who used this program contributed 5 dollars, you would have your new machine and controls with some left over for more aircraft!

When this is set up, let me know and i will start the ball rolling with the first donation!

Great job on the Mi8 BTW.

Can't wait to try this in Flight panels.....

The latest version has support for the KA-50 but is it incomplete?

Been a while since I flew it.......memory say so but I may be wrong.

Stinks getting old...............

Edit, just noticed you have this set up!

Donation made!

And thank you!

Edited by Hawkeye60

Yeah, if my memory serves me right was that I could get Ka-50 working but not pdmarsh and I never figured out why.

So if I can get some feedback regarding that I could check it out.

I am fully behind you and will support this as best I can.

You should be compensated for your work.

Similar to Starways donation page.

If everyone who used this program contributed 5 dollars, you would have your new machine and controls with some left over for more aircraft!

When this is set up, let me know and i will start the ball rolling with the first donation!

Great job on the Mi8 BTW.

Can't wait to try this in Flight panels.....

The latest version has support for the KA-50 but is it incomplete?

Been a while since I flew it.......memory say so but I may be wrong.

Stinks getting old................

Yeah, if my memory serves me right was that I could get Ka-50 working but not pdmarsh and I never figured out why.

So if I can get some feedback regarding that I could check it out.

I will run the program and send some feedback soon.

At work.............

Tonight!

Regarding DCS 2.0. I have never had it, looked at the stunning graphics on Youtube.

Does Flightpanels work in it? Does 2.0 demand much more from the hardware?

Will test this as well.

Report coming soon.....

Does Flightpanels work in it? Does 2.0 demand much more from the hardware?

I can confirm that Flightpanels and DCS-BIOS work in DCS 2.0. I haven't noticed any special demands on hardware in 2.0.

Paul