a10c first mission downed f16 pilot

dogsbody59

If I remember right, in that mission, the jet is loaded down with 6 mavs? Drag is high with that. As regards to the engines, are you talking about rpm? If so that's normal I think.. the engine operates at it's most efficient around the low 80's% i read somewhere.. ;)

i5-7600K @ 4.8 | 32GB | 1080 | Rift S | TM MFD & WH HOTAS-10mm ext + TFRP

Hi

The f16 downed pilot mission when the game starts my a10 is loaded up so much it wont pick up any speed and flies like a brick.

Throttle wont go above approx 82%.

Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks.

Hey amigo, I remember flying that mission about 9 months ago and I stalled and crashed so many times was ridiculous and I also raised the very same concern your having. I also changed and lightened the load out but she still flew like an anvil, I could barely get above 200kts. I did manage to finish it tho but used auto targeting as I was only startin out in the A-10C. It's a tuffy and long too I remember yea. I'm pretty sure you have one or two wingmen? If so, get them to do all the dirty work ahead of you, always helps. smile.gif

:: 13th Gen Intel Core i9-13900K :: Asus ROG Strix Z790-A mobo :: Asus Tuff Gaming GeForce RTX 3080 Ti :: NZXT Kraken Elite 280 RGB AIO white cooler :: G Skill Trident Z Royals DDR4 4x16GB = 64GB :: WD Black SN 850X NVMe SSD 2TB M.2 (C Drive) :: Samsung 860 Pro 2TB SATA (D Drive) :: Corsair Crystal 680X White Case :: Asus XG349C 34" Curve G-Sync 180Hz 3440x1440 Mon :: Corsair 850W PSU :: Virpil Constellation Alpha-R Stick with VPC WarBRD Base :: Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle :: 3 x CubeSim ext mini screens with TM Cougar MFD Bezels :: Asus ROG Pugio 503 Gaming Mouse & Razer BlackWidow mech kb :: TrackIR 5 Pro & Cap Clip :: Win 11 64 Bit 😉

What exact mission is this you're talking about?

Asus B85 Pro Gamer - 32GB - Intel® Core i5-4460 CPU - SanDisk SDSSDXPS480G -Windows 10 Pro 64-bit - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070

TrackIR5 - TM Warthog HOTAS Stick & Throttle - TM Cougar MFCDs - TM TPR Rudder Pedals - Razer Orbweaver - SoundBlasterX G5 DAC

Sounds like the mission called "CSAR"?

I think it's pretty tough, and the loadout doesn't make it any easier. Lots of weight, lots of drag.

You should definitely use all available assets to perform SEAD and deal with any threats you can identify. Try to maintain some altitude and good Situational Awareness. Use the draggiest weapons as soon as practical. I think there are some CBUs loaded next to the Mavs; these CBUs act like barn-doors and keep the A-10 from gaining any speed whatsoever. Loads of Mavs don't do that drag index any favors, either. Good news is, there's lots of targets for all these weapons. :smartass:

First and foremost, engage any threat to the downed pilot, or have your wingman engage them, and the mission should turn out successful.

I found it hard, I had to resort to labels as I had no idea where the pilot was, he's practically invisible. Once I could see him I had an idea where the threats were and managed to finish it, cheating in a way but I was lost otherwise..

i5-7600K @ 4.8 | 32GB | 1080 | Rift S | TM MFD & WH HOTAS-10mm ext + TFRP