Sound models of FC3 aircraft

Hello good people,

Does any one know if ED plans to issue sound model updates for its FC3 aircrafts like the SU27, 33, F15, Mig 29? I don't think the sounds these jets make are anywhere close to the real aircrafts.

This difference becomes pronounced when you listen to the sweet thunder of the Mirage2000 taxiing, taking off or flying - i believe the sound modelling on that is perfect and such a treat!

Thoughts? Info?

|| नभ स्पर्शं दीप्तम् || - Touch the sky with glory

Thoughts? I doubt it. Not unless these jets become full fledged modules.

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

g9By6bPn3DM?t=55

XUvTxrbqh0I?t=24

I think the sounds are pretty damn good at the moment.

Edit: for some reason the links aren't starting at the correct time... 55s for the first one, and 24s for the second.

Edited by Pocket Sized

DCS modules are built up to a spec, not down to a schedule.

In order to utilize a system to your advantage, you must know how it works.

Its because all FC3 aircraft share some sounds so they all sound the same. If you change the sounds for one aircraft it changes the sounds for a few others.

Which sounds?

DCS modules are built up to a spec, not down to a schedule.

In order to utilize a system to your advantage, you must know how it works.

Its because all FC3 aircraft share some sounds so they all sound the same. If you change the sounds for one aircraft it changes the sounds for a few others.

It would be great if ED could just give each aircraft its own soundscape.

SD

Amen to that.

|| नभ स्पर्शं दीप्तम् || - Touch the sky with glory

• 1 month later...
The aircraft engine sounds.

Are you still looking for aircraft sounds for the FC3 aircraft? I have a pack that includes sounds for pretty much ever module in DCS. I did some stuff over on reddit, bit never brought it here. It's hand selected sounds by me. I went through every sound mod available for the Jets and selected the sounds I preferred and made a combined pack of them for all the modules together. Whole pack is just a JSGME drop in.

Would anyone be interested in it?

• 1 month later...

As far as I can tell the engine sounds are pretty good. The F-15 JFS is close, but not totally accurate. But, none of the FC3 aircraft can be as good as dedicated modules. I think the sound of the airframe slicing through the air is under represented in DCS. Checkout this video of an A-10 air show. Observe how the sound of the aircraft at full power take off is different from the aircraft at speed. Even slow speed flight sounds different than takeoff...

Edited by mytai01

MS Win7 Pro x64, Intel i7-6700K 4.0Ghz, Corsair RAM 16Gb,EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW GAMING ACX 3.0, w/ Adjustable RGB LED Graphics Card 08G-P4-6286-KR, Creative Labs SB X-FI Titanium Fatal1ty Champ PCIe Sound Card, Corsair Neutron XTI 1TB SSD, TM Warthog Throttle & Stick, TM TPR Pedels, Oculus Rift VR Headset CV1, Klipsch Promedia 4.1 Speakers...

• 2 weeks later...