Trackir disconnecting in DCS

If you pull up the Windows Device manager, and use the menu to switch it to "View Devices by Connection", you can usually identify which USB Hubs your joysticks and TrackIR connect to, and check them to see if Windows is allowed to turn them off.

I've been having a similar TrackIR "freeze up" problem - typically if I leave it paused for too long while running through a lengthy startup checklist. It unfreezes if I unplug and replug the TrackIR, or if I swear at it for about 20-30 seconds. I have used the above approach to ensure all the relevant USB hubs for my joysticks and trackIR can't be turned off by Windows, and will see if that fixes the issue.

• 6 months later...
  • 6 months later...
Yes, it disconnects when inactive for a few minutes.

If you unplug a joystick and plug it again, it redetects trackir too, no need to exit the game.

Lifesaver! Hate reaching back and unplugging stuff, but it sure beats restarting the mission or, GASP, trying to fly without head tracking!

i accidentally stumbled on this myself by unplugging my smart card reader. it will also. if you start the game before trackIR. unplug something, then plug it in, it will pick up trackIR.

WTF!!! All theses years?? I actually hope it doesn’t work:doh:

A Co, 229th AHB, 1st Cav Div

ASUS Prime Z370-A MB, Intel Core i7 8700K 5.0GHz OC'd, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4, 1TB SSD, Win 10

Samsung 65" 4K Curved Display (Oculus Rift occaisionally), Track IR5, VoiceAttack, Baur's BRD-N Cyclic base/Virpil T-50CM Grip, UH-1h Collective by Microhelis & OE-XAM Pedals. JetSeat & SimShaker for Aviators.

JUST CHOPPERS

• 2 weeks later...
it works doesnt it :D

Shut up!! doh.gif

A Co, 229th AHB, 1st Cav Div

ASUS Prime Z370-A MB, Intel Core i7 8700K 5.0GHz OC'd, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4, 1TB SSD, Win 10

Samsung 65" 4K Curved Display (Oculus Rift occaisionally), Track IR5, VoiceAttack, Baur's BRD-N Cyclic base/Virpil T-50CM Grip, UH-1h Collective by Microhelis & OE-XAM Pedals. JetSeat & SimShaker for Aviators.

JUST CHOPPERS

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
For anyone still looking for a fix try disabling the SSDP Discovery service in Windows. I have seen this suggestion in another thread and so far this has worked for me.
I just want to thank you K-Dot-B for posting the fix you found for trackir disconnect. Its been a problem I've had for years, everytime I fly. Since disabling SSDP, I've not had a single disconnect. It's so nice.

Many thanks, you've simplify my life!

Bern

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

• 3 years later...
On 1/16/2024 at 11:11 AM, FlyingCoffin said:

I have SSDP disabled but it still does disconnect when paused.

I updated trackIr now its working

edit: problem occured again

My trackir 5 stopped working after almost 10 years of use. I tried everything and couldn't find anything that made it work. After a lot of work, I decided to check my antivirus, firewall, windows defender. I discovered that the Firewall on Windows 10 interfered with many applications. I turned off the Firewall and the trackir didn't give me any more problems.

• Thanks 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel® Core™ i7-6850 CPU@3.60GHz @4.068

Asus ROG STRIX X99 GAMING ATX Motherboard

64 bit operation System- RAM 32.0 GB

Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 WindForce OC 8GB

- Disk Drives KINGSTON SVP200S37A 1tb/WDC WD 10EZEX-00ZF5A0 - Samsung ssd 1tb 840 series.

- 3 Samsung 27"SyncMaster 3D Game monitors - Windows 8.1 Pro - TM Hotas Warthog-Trackir5 pro-Saitek Rudder Pedals-Cougar MFD.

Can you tell me which applications you stopped blocking?

Cause I fear getting to much ports open and open the gates of hell for this computer.

I got following problem:  Throttle disconnects when DCS is running. Crashes Sound permantly. And reconnects.

Edited by FlyingCoffin

11 hours ago, FlyingCoffin said:

Can you tell me which applications you stopped blocking?

Cause I fear getting to much ports open and open the gates of hell for this computer.

I got following problem:  Throttle disconnects when DCS is running. Crashes Sound permantly. And reconnects.

I don't have any problems with Throttle or any other program, just Trackir. I turned off the Firewall and it solved the problem and it has been working for two months without any problems. I turned it back on again and the problem started again. If you unblock the trackir in the firewall you might solve the problem. Control Panel\System and Security\Windows Defender Firewall\Allowed apps. Below there is an option to Allow another app... and look for the Trackir file and allow it to be allowed through the firewall. DCS is already automatically allowed, check if it is allowed in your firewall if it is not, just add DCS.

Edited by JetBLASTER

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

- Disk Drives KINGSTON SVP200S37A 1tb/WDC WD 10EZEX-00ZF5A0 - Samsung ssd 1tb 840 series.

- 3 Samsung 27"SyncMaster 3D Game monitors - Windows 8.1 Pro - TM Hotas Warthog-Trackir5 pro-Saitek Rudder Pedals-Cougar MFD.

2 hours ago, JetBLASTER said:

I don't have any problems with Throttle or any other program, just Trackir. I turned off the Firewall and it solved the problem and it has been working for two months without any problems. I turned it back on again and the problem started again. If you unblock the trackir in the firewall you might solve the problem. Control Panel\System and Security\Windows Defender Firewall\Allowed apps. Below there is an option to Allow another app... and look for the Trackir file and allow it to be allowed through the firewall. DCS is already automatically allowed, check if it is allowed in your firewall if it is not, just add DCS.

I have never used SSDP because of this. Why is it a risk?
Certain SSDP devices have a UPnP bug that allows an attacker to send an SSDP command of the form “Send a report to xxxxx.” An attack can be mounted against a victim by sending requests to MANY SSDP servers, forming a “bot-net,” replacing xxxxx with the victim’s network address. The resulting flood of reports can overload the victim’s computer. This type of attack is called a Distributed Denial Of Service (DDoS) attack. A DDoS attack is especially effective if the size of the report generated is bigger than the size of the command that produces the report.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Have you disabled Hotplug in the controls setup?

1 hour ago, FlyingCoffin said:

it worked fine for several days now its bitchin around again . disconnect connect disconnect. usb device not detected detected.

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"

vor 2 Stunden schrieb Hiob:

Have you disabled Hotplug in the controls setup?

y

DCS isnt working anymore. It worked before now its getting in the game and sound crashes due to detecting and undetecting usb device. 

I shut off energy saving of usb ports. but didnt helped. I updated but update failed. I put my sayo keypad out it works again.

Thats somehow bad because Iam using it while I play DCS.

Edited by FlyingCoffin