Captoglove

BIGNEWY

I would like to buy the gloves, specially seen that they uploaded a Dcs profile on their website about 3 days ago.

Has anybody with the gloves tried Dcs with this new profile?

I remember in one of the newsletters Ed stated they were working with the captoglove guys to make this happen but no new word since then..

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I am at the moment trying to get it to work but having to get further info to help me. It has been a long wait to get here and hopefully in the next few days I should be able to let you know. Knowing the skill levels of Both CaptoGlove and Eagle dynamics engineers I have every confidence it will work but not sure to which level. Have faith.

Slight hitch with the testing - one of the gloves has developed a fault - not charging properly or holding charge for more than a few minutes. they are under warranty still but cannot get hold of CaptoGlove - probably due to Black Friday and Thanksgiving in USA. Soon as possible I will report as I have had my gloves since the beginning of the year and although I know they work to control the pc on something like a windows screen I did buy them specifically for DCS and been waiting all this time for the software integration. Now I face another fly in the ointment. Other than DCS I do not know if CaptoGlove has been integrated in other programs as yet - Iwould like them to work in Rise of Flight however I do not think this will happen as R.O.F. seem to have no ambition to even enter VR.

Rise of Flight is "dead" in regard to new development. It will be replaced by Flying Circus by 1CGS https://il2sturmovik.com/store/flying-circus/ and VR will be implemented there. And the VR implementation is the best in the flightsimulator business at the moment.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

_____________Semper paratus, In hoc signo vinces________________

PC: Intel i7-8700K (4.9 GHz), Aorus Ultra Gaming Z370 MB, Gigabyte RTX 3080, 32 GB DDR3 (3,2 GHz), Samsung EVO 860 M.2 500 GB SSD + Samsung 960 M.2 250 GB SSD Gaming: Virpil T-50 CM2, TM WH Throttle, Crosswind pedals, HP Reverb

hakjar ist right, Flying Circus is kind of an extension to IL-2, bringing (finally!) WWI scenery, aircraft and campaigns to it. They are migrating the RoF aircraft to IL-2, with improved FM and graphics. Right this very weekend they published aircraft 3 and 4 (Sopwith Camel & Pfalz).

I do not completely agree that IL-2 has the 'best' VR implementation. Aerofly's FS2 was built for VR and is absolutely excellent in that respect. And WT is also very good and, for me, gives the best VR framerates of all flightsims I know. With settings around 'very good' and even some oversampling I get an almost steady 90fps in the Vive Pro. On top of that the JetSeat is supported! Though the merits for this go rather to Andre :thumbup: and not Gaijin...

And WT is also very good and, for me, gives the best VR framerates of all flightsims I know. ...

What is WT?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

TWC_Alamo

Denver, CO

Military Flight Sim

I7-7700K, 4.9 GHz, Z270-Gaming MB, 16GB, 512GB EVO-960 NVMe M.2, 512GB WD Black NVMe M.2, 1 TB SSD Raid, EVGA RTX 2080ti, Samsung Odyssey Plus, TM HOTAS/MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Gametrix 908 JetSeat

GA Flight Sim

I7-5820K, 4.2Ghz, Godlike Carbon MB, 16GB, 512 GB EVO 960 NVME M.2, 2 X SSD, EVGA 1080ti, HTC Vive, 3 X 4K 55" TVs, 4 X 27" Monitors, CH: Flight Yoke, Throttle Quadrant, Rudder Pedals

What is WT?

War Thunder , arcade sim

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

• 2 weeks later...

Captoglove fault

Unfortunately I will not be reporting on CaptoGlove test as previously posted. I do apologise to those looking forward to the report but the fault I was experiencing required them to be sent back to CaptoGlove.

I have been issued a full refund but am still out of pocket due to import duty and currency exchange rates.

I think as I have explained to CaptoGlove to make these gloves more appealing that perhaps a re-write of their instruction manual and a redesign of the actual sensor would be desirable as the instructions req. a degree in rocket science to understand and the battery which can fail is not changeable unless you destroy the casing. Basically I think as CaptoGlove have said the product is not fully ready for DCSworld at this time.

Thanks for telling us, Jim_L. Looks like just another one of our early adopter experiences...:cry:

BTW, today I just received a mail from Sensoryx:

trdbkn7so8dtj1ucnsef.jpg As you may be able to see from the pictures the first 150 systems would be ready to ship, if it wasn't for one small non-core component that we have to reorder.

But I had not expected my gloves anytime this year anyway, thus it makes no difference to me...

Thanks for telling us, Jim_L. Looks like just another one of our early adopter experiences...:cry:

BTW, today I just received a mail from Sensoryx:

trdbkn7so8dtj1ucnsef.jpg As you may be able to see from the pictures the first 150 systems would be ready to ship, if it wasn't for one small non-core component that we have to reorder.

But I had not expected my gloves anytime this year anyway, thus it makes no difference to me...

Is this those one who are half of the Captoglove price (250$) and have positional tracking?

Yes, that's it. They are in full price 399$ complete with 6DoF and two gloves.

Right now is 320$ with 19% off.

As you can see in this demo they have positional tracking too so it is full 6DoF for realistic interaction in the cockpit. If they work as Touch controller they could be used already.

I just noticed after the latest Beta update there is a 'Captoglove' setting in the Special settings menu.

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.5GHz. Asus-Z170-PRO MB

CORSAIR H105 HYDRO CPU COOLER.

EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 Elite.

16GB DDR4 2666MHZ HYPERX SAVAGE.

SAMSUNG M.2 SSD 128GB SM951 Boot Drive.

SAMSUNG SSD 500GB EVO Working Drive.

Windows 10 Professional

I just noticed after the latest Beta update there is a 'Captoglove' setting in the Special settings menu.
Indeed :thumbup:! This is VERY interesting. They seem to be en par or even ahead of Aerofly's FS2. Seems about time to order Captogloves. If just anyone could give us some kind of a hands on review...:helpsmilie:

Yes, that's it. They are in full price 399$ complete with 6DoF and two gloves.

Right now is 320$ with 19% off.

As you can see in this demo they have positional tracking too so it is full 6DoF for realistic interaction in the cockpit. If they work as Touch controller they could be used already.

Does anyone know if ED have plans to tack these gloves onto the end of the pilot body arms, so you can lift them out of the way to ge at switches ect without switching off the pilot body and so the arms move in relation to the gloves like the legs move on the rudder pedals and arms move on stick?

I'm not a big fan of disconnected hands floating in mid air.

System spec: i9 9900K, Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Ultra motherboard, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200 RAM, Corsair M.2 NVMe 1Tb Boot SSD. Seagate 1Tb Hybrid mass storage SSD. ASUS RTX2080TI Dual OC, Thermaltake Flo Riing 360mm water pumper, EVGA 850G3 PSU. HP Reverb, TM Warthog, Crosswind pedals, Buttkicker Gamer 2.

Me neither, it would be cool like in Echo Arena. But I doubt that'll happen. You never know though.

MSI M5 z270 | Intel i5 7600k (OC) 4.8GHz | MSI GTX1080ti Gaming X 11Gb | 500gb Samsung 970 Evo NVME M.2 (DCS World) | 500gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD (OS and Apps) | 32Gb 2400MHz DDR4 - Crucial Ballistix | Be Quiet Silent Loop 240mm | NZXT H440 case |

Thrustmaster Warthog - 47608 with Virpil Mongoose joystick base | MFG Crosswinds - 1241 | Westland Lynx collective with Bodnar X board | Pilot's seat from ZH832 Merlin | JetSeat | Oculus Rift S | Windows 10 | VA |

As I understand for 6 DoF you'll need the optional "CaptoSensor" for $190 (regular price) ─ and probably one for each glove. However, the CaptoSensors are currently out of stock and so are the gloves in "medium" size.:(

Does anyone know if ED have plans to tack these gloves onto the end of the pilot body arms, so you can lift them out of the way to ge at switches ect without switching off the pilot body and so the arms move in relation to the gloves like the legs move on the rudder pedals and arms move on stick?

I'm not a big fan of disconnected hands floating in mid air.

I don't know, but for me this seems to be the only reasonable way of implementing virtual gloves...

So, does wearing the Captoglove provide the ability to interface directly with cockpit switches with haptic feedback or is activation initiated by pointing a laser light ?

Edited by Shack

Intel i9 7980XE @4.4Hz

64GB DDR4 RAM at 2666MHz

GTX 1080Ti with 11GB GDDR5X

Reverb Pro HMD

HOTAS: TM Warthog throttle / TM F18 Grip

Dual H640P Huion tablets used with VRK (Virtual Kneeboard ) software

Gametrix JetSeat with SimShaker

DOF Reality P6, 6 axis Motion Platform

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

As I understand for 6 DoF you'll need the optional "CaptoSensor" for $190 (regular price) ─ and probably one for each glove. However, the CaptoSensors are currently out of stock and so are the gloves in "medium" size.:(

Yes true, but I'm talking about diferentproduct you can buy for 320$ pair of gloves with positional tracking.

With new DCS VR controllers implementation should work same as touch only it is gloves.