Mission 1: Landed and parked at designated spot, but mission not accomplished...

Aerovenator

Hi montypython76, the only requirement is to land at Nellis and be alive. There are ways to miss any requirement a mission designer sets up so I really dislike setting them at all. I will make this mission an automatic 'pass' the next time I submit an update.

For now, you should have an option in your communications F10 Other menu to skip the mission. It should look something like this but has different wording for mission 1:

cu0MZTr.png

Mission 3-10 only require that you be airborne for 10 minutes. The decision to advance to the next mission or re-fly it will be yours for the rest of the missions.

Thanks!

• 4 weeks later...

I downloaded the campaign yesterday and tried mission 1. I was not awarded with mission success even though I landed safely as montypyton explains.

I see that even though I get in contact with Nellis ATC, they never hand me over to the tower and never gives me the clearance to land.

None of the other Viggens land either. I can sit on the ground for 30 minutes and the other flights just circle around sometimes with the gear down.

The solution with the F10 menu solved the problem for me and I was finally able to advance to mission 2.

Unfortunately, not the best start on the campaign...

• 5 weeks later...

I think there is a problem in the first mission. The mission also fails to complete on landing for me, and the F15C's all stand ready for takeoff at the end of the runway when you land. None of the other Viggens land either, they just orbit with the gear down.

Looking at YouTube videos that are a year old, it seems the F15's are supposed to take off and meet the incoming Viggens giving some RWR beeps, and the lead viggen flight land on the left runway?

I'll use the F10 option to progress, but there is definitely something causing the mission to misbehave when compared to the one from one year ago.

• 4 weeks later...

Bunyap,

First, love your work. Your Test Flight series was very helpful in learning the Viggen, and I recently completed your P-51 campaign in Normandy. Stopped by to report the same bug as I'm starting the Red Flag campaign. Completed the mission 3 times, even ensuring I was carefully parked in the designated space. But failure with score 50 everytime.

I came here and learned about the F10 workaround, but other new pilots might not be so fortunate. Hope it's an easy fix!

• 1 month later...